Possibly to tank ZA

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Possibly to tank ZA

Postby Blitzago » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:04 am

Blitzago

Postby Tyaera » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:39 am

Your avoidance is quite low.

If you're main-tanking it as farm content, ie, quick 3 timer runs, you could do it.

However, main-tanking it as progression content, without the luxury of healers who are overgeared for ZA, it might be difficult with regards to their mana levels, you will take a lot of hits.

You could main tank Akil'zon and Jan'alai quite easily, they don't hit that hard. Halazzi hits quite hard and its a very healer-mana intensive fight, if you don't have a hunter to use Tranq Shot, it could be hard.

Nalorakk's silences can be brutal when you're tanking bear phase, even running with my healers, when I tank bear phase I drop rather low with both bleeds on me + during silence.

Hex Lord doesn't hit that hard but his abilities are brutal and its another healer-intensive fight.

Zul'jin you could do, but that fight is a lot more about the healer skill than the tank gear, except in his bear phase.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Blitzago » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:15 am

what avoidance should I have?

The healers im running with are gonna be 4/8 or 5/8 t6, ill most likely be OTing to a 6/8 t6 prot war. But id like to have a chance to MT it.
Blitzago

Postby Heironeous » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:14 am

Much like a lot of paladins in earlier content you geared/specced properly for your area. ZA, however easy it is, is a pain for any pally tank not making the switch over from shield block to avoidance stats.

I started doing ZA tanking with around 18% block 22-23% dodge and I think 17% parry (I was holy, but the other tanks sucked, so I respecced to help out our MT).

You have a higher advantage than I did, because you are a full time tank and not a weekend tanker like I was when I started ZA tanking. I didn't go full-time prot till Hyjal. I would recommend to you to work on upping dodge (as high as you can) and letting the shield block relax a little. If you want to spend out the gold get the Dark Moon Vengence deck. It'll restabalize your threat from not having your HS eat up charges and it's higher Stam.

Badge gear to look for is +dodge, if you want to MT most of those bosses I'd recommend having at least equal footing in dodge/block if not a higher value of dodge. But with a similar value you will find it easier to run the middle of threat/avoidance.

I'm sure others have different oppinions, but I changed specs late in the end-game, so I had to re-gear for that place, so I found myself in a more unique situation.

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Postby Blitzago » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:45 pm

Im actually mainspec holy, but all my badges are going towards tank stuff.
Blitzago

Postby Kilae » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:42 pm

Tyaera wrote:Your avoidance is quite low.

If you're main-tanking it as farm content, ie, quick 3 timer runs, you could do it.

However, main-tanking it as progression content, without the luxury of healers who are overgeared for ZA, it might be difficult with regards to their mana levels, you will take a lot of hits.

You could main tank Akil'zon and Jan'alai quite easily, they don't hit that hard. Halazzi hits quite hard and its a very healer-mana intensive fight, if you don't have a hunter to use Tranq Shot, it could be hard.

Nalorakk's silences can be brutal when you're tanking bear phase, even running with my healers, when I tank bear phase I drop rather low with both bleeds on me + during silence.

Hex Lord doesn't hit that hard but his abilities are brutal and its another healer-intensive fight.

Zul'jin you could do, but that fight is a lot more about the healer skill than the tank gear, except in his bear phase.
ive never seen u on dath'remar
Image Bring da pain
Kilae

Return to Zul'aman