Remove Advertisements

Massive avoidance set for Lynx off-tank?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Massive avoidance set for Lynx off-tank?

Postby Vareena » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:03 pm

I was thinking of trying out my massive avoidance set for off-tanking lynx but I don't want to risk losing him - in this set I use an avoidance weapon with no spell damage and mongoose. I only have 95 spell damage unbuffed with it (but 217 with flask + oil which is what I run ZA with). Do you think I'll have any issues picking lynx up if I switch over to this setup from my usual 500+ buffed spell damage set? I'm a blood elf so I use seal of blood.

We're running with 2 healers because we need the extra dps, so anything that can save them some healing on me may help - I generally try to bubble when helpful, for example.
Vareena

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:10 pm

For offtanking? Sure, you can go with as much avoidance as you want, but make sure you can actually survive slash+aoe damage.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tiandelin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:31 pm

I toss on my avoidance set for this guy too. As Worldie pointed out, make sure you can survive a saber lash followed by the transfigure aoe when he changes phases. I think it's about 13-14k total or so in a worst-case situation.

It doesn't take much to hold the spirit as long as nobody is attacking it. The only problem I have is when a rogue has blade flurry up on a transition, but that's what taunt is for.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby caboom » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:50 pm

i use my sun eater for it the least here since it was written somewhere here that u can dodge ur half of the cleave(i didn't confirm it in combat log, but it happened for my mt to get what looked like half of the cleave and me 0 dmg), so i'm sticking for avoidance aswell for it and for what the lynx is concerned u should be able to do more threat on it than ur healers w/o a spell dmg weapon shouldn't u ? :)
caboom

Return to Zul'aman