Fire Resistance Gear on Dragonhawk?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:13 am

Truthiness wrote:First of all don't forget to bubble out of the debuffs once you have killed about half the dragonhawks. Considering that you are posting on these boards, I am going to assume you are at least competent enough to know that. Are you doing the dragonhawks in 2 or 4 waves? If you're doing it in 2 waves, the problem is typically with your healers or your AoE. Either your healers don't have the juice to keep you up or your AoEers aren't killing the dragonhawks fast enough and you get too many debuffs on you. There really isn't much you can do and fire resist gear isn't going to do that much. If that is the case, I would suggest dividing the dragonhawks into more waves.

This is a pretty simple thing to accomplish. After half of the dragonhawks have been released, call for the dps to kill the hatcher. The next time the hatchers come up, finish off the one side. The next time you do half of the remaining side. Then, finally, you do the remaining half of the remaining side. It may not be as awesome and bad ass, but it is a hell of a lot easier on your healers. The down side is that you should finish up the dragonhawks right around when the soft enrage begins, meaning your dps is going to be distracted by the dragonhawks for a long period. This means that your tank is going to have to deal with getting hit pretty hard for a lot longer. However, with the dragonhawks down, you can switch to off healing, which should alleviate the extra healing strain of the soft enrage.
I almost wish my dpsers would take 4 waves to reach the soft enrage.
Fuzzygeek defined it the best.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby 2ndNin » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:21 am

Its worth it.

365 fire resist, and I never stack more than 20 debuffs across all the eggs (I don't bother to bubble), you still have the armour to survive it and it means the healers aren't stressed by you. The soft enrage can kill your tank, let the healers go over there instead of you.

Not stacking it makes a fire potentially a killer, stacking it makes it nearly risk free, why make it hard.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Previous

Return to Zul'aman