Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby towelliee » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:49 am

Code: Select all
/cleartarget
/targetexact Spirit of the Lynx
/stopmacro [target=target, noexists]
/cast Judgement

This worked for me over the weekend. I casted a seal at about 81% and just spammed the macro and it worked like a charm.
towelliee

Postby Frickit » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:59 am

Sylvari wrote:way I usually do it is charge up SoR and hit Tab until the Lynx pops and gets targeted and immediately judge, never had any problems with resists (but now that I've said that it will likely resist every time I am in there)

Thats fine but without the macro you risk judging too early before the spirit is fully spawned where it is wasted. The macro lets you judge only when it will affect the cat.
Frickit

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:36 am

Frickit wrote:
Sylvari wrote:way I usually do it is charge up SoR and hit Tab until the Lynx pops and gets targeted and immediately judge, never had any problems with resists (but now that I've said that it will likely resist every time I am in there)

Thats fine but without the macro you risk judging too early before the spirit is fully spawned where it is wasted. The macro lets you judge only when it will affect the cat.
And the spammability really makes it so the only time you have to wait for the spirit to be hit is the latency you have.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhetto » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:33 am

I had alot of luck (if you have a decent latency) waiting until a boss mod said the kitty was spawning, and starting charging a shield..hits both most times.
Rhetto

Postby Colette » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:04 am

I was having a lot of trouble grabbing the lynx when he spawned too. Fortunately for me, we usually don't run with a hunter and our warrior tank was getting crushed during frenzies, so I get to MT. Last night our warrior tank had the same trouble I did grabbing the lynx. He's usually much better at it than I am, but it made me a little happy inside that it wasn't just me that had trouble.
Colette

Postby samoa » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:44 am

Yeah depending on who i run with Druid or War.I usually MT When i have war in my grp. The best tanking spot i found to be is at the back edge part of the plat form where he stands at, Because when he goes into spirit form Lynx spawns right on top of my Consecration and it will tick for 2 secs and i also Judge him, And bam he's on me like white on rice.I usually put the camera view above the fight so i can see where the Totems and Lynx spawns. I stll have the war keep agro on him if i some how i lose agro :roll: . Maybe it's a lucky spawn i been getting or that spot is a sweet spot.. :D
samoa

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:53 am

Colette wrote:I was having a lot of trouble grabbing the lynx when he spawned too. Fortunately for me, we usually don't run with a hunter and our warrior tank was getting crushed during frenzies, so I get to MT. Last night our warrior tank had the same trouble I did grabbing the lynx. He's usually much better at it than I am, but it made me a little happy inside that it wasn't just me that had trouble.
Halazzi doesn't crush. The numbers you saw really are his normal attacks.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby towelliee » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:30 am

He may not crush but that bastid sure does cleave. Last night my healers forgot he can cleave for 6k and i was like" HELLLO CLEAVE CLEAVE HEALLLLZZZZ"
towelliee

Postby Frickit » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:02 am

towelliee wrote:He may not crush but that bastid sure does cleave. Last night my healers forgot he can cleave for 6k and i was like" HELLLO CLEAVE CLEAVE HEALLLLZZZZ"

Last night he was gettin me and the warrior for about 9k each. 6k and I could close my eyes and fight him.
Frickit

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:07 am

or the odd enraged 10k rofl
Halazzi taught me to use ironshield potions >.<
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:11 am

Snake-Aes wrote:or the odd enraged 10k rofl

for some reason getting the hunters to tranq shot him is a whole other issue.
Frickit

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:16 am

Frickit wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:or the odd enraged 10k rofl

for some reason getting the hunters to tranq shot him is a whole other issue.
You had hunters? :D My last 2 timed runs were done without a single hunter. Thanks to my commendation, I had a procfest that saved me there

Halazzi enrages
I go down to 1k hp
I pop pocket watch, commendation procs.
I'm healed to full.
No attack lands for the next 9 seconds.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:32 am

nice I once tanked him from 35% to dead when the warrior died. I popped nightmare vine and was up to like 25K hp and we were able to do it. They were all calling for a wipe while I was screamin dont stop healing me!!
Frickit

Postby Colette » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:09 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Halazzi doesn't crush. The numbers you saw really are his normal attacks.

Hmm, guess I just have better avoidance/mitigation than he does. Anyways, the gist is that healers can keep me up easier, so I get to MT yay!
Colette

Postby Vixxy » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:16 pm

I've been using the macro already posted in this topic, although instead of judging righteousness, I throw an avenger's shield. It's a bit slower, but if you're spamming that macro, you should still hit him long before it can reach a healer. Occasionally a poorly timed whirlwind or blade flurry from a melee will go off on the lynx first, but by the time you're progressed through Kara any melee DPS should easily be able to take a single hit from the Lynx unless your healers are slacking from the transition, and in that case they'll probably not be able to keep the tanks up the entire fight unless you grotesquely outgear it.

I also never move from my tanking spot the entire fight. I've seen a lot of strats that say the Lynx should be tanked away from Halazzi, but...I've never seen a reason why, and it's never caused a problem for my groups the entire time I've been running ZA on my healer, bear tank, or DPS classes, each with a different guild and raid makeup.
Vixxy

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman