Off-Tank Lynx Boss Troubles

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Frickit » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:39 am

Colette wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Halazzi doesn't crush. The numbers you saw really are his normal attacks.

Hmm, guess I just have better avoidance/mitigation than he does. Anyways, the gist is that healers can keep me up easier, so I get to MT yay!

you just take less direct hits. you have 8 charges of holy shield.
Frickit

Postby Frickit » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:41 am

Vixxy wrote:I've been using the macro already posted in this topic, although instead of judging righteousness, I throw an avenger's shield. It's a bit slower, but if you're spamming that macro, you should still hit him long before it can reach a healer. Occasionally a poorly timed whirlwind or blade flurry from a melee will go off on the lynx first, but by the time you're progressed through Kara any melee DPS should easily be able to take a single hit from the Lynx unless your healers are slacking from the transition, and in that case they'll probably not be able to keep the tanks up the entire fight unless you grotesquely outgear it.

I also never move from my tanking spot the entire fight. I've seen a lot of strats that say the Lynx should be tanked away from Halazzi, but...I've never seen a reason why, and it's never caused a problem for my groups the entire time I've been running ZA on my healer, bear tank, or DPS classes, each with a different guild and raid makeup.

I just move him away from totems when they spawn. This fight is ALL about getting the totems down fast.
Frickit

Postby Kalakaua » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:37 am

You always know when the lynx is about to spawn. As soon as Halazzi gets to 75%/50%/25%, I lay down a max rank consecrate and start hitting the tab button. As soon as the lynx spawns, I judge righteousness as soon as I have it targetted. For me anyway, that's all it takes. Then I go back to tanking Halazzi, letting consecrate and holy shield keep the lynx on me while the druid tank goes cat form and helps with the dps.

If righteousness resists, I taunt the lynx and whack him a few times before going back to Halazzi.
Kalakaua

Previous

Return to Zul'aman