Remove Advertisements

gruul an old problem..

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

gruul an old problem..

Postby ferrus » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:32 am

so hello again to all ^^
an old problem for your community i think, but a great problem for me, my guild is attemping gruul in this days.
Tanking or offtanking grull.
If i try to tank gruul i have many problem about the knockback, we lack some charge abilities and if some rogue reach the boss before me we have some new flesh for our cooking skill lol.
if i try to offtank it i have a tps problem. Even with 2 piece of T4, 300 spell damage with te 10% increase in thread for SOR i can't produce more than 200-250tps...a big problem. Our bear tank can produce 600tps in offtanking.

Any idea? or this combat is not designed for us in any way?
we are condamned to be the thirth choice?
thanks for all :wink:
an in progress tankadin ^^
ferrus

Postby PsiVen » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:11 am

Tell the melee to stop being stupid + have the OT charge in and you shouldn't be seeing gibs on the knockback.
For OTing, it's best left to a bear. But if you must, get a shadow priest in your group and chain super mana pots to keep Consecrating on top of him. Mana tide as neccessary (Innervate is useless to you).
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Mortehl » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:17 am

PsiVen wrote:Tell the melee to stop being stupid + have the OT charge in and you shouldn't be seeing gibs on the knockback.
For OTing, it's best left to a bear. But if you must, get a shadow priest in your group and chain super mana pots to keep Consecrating on top of him. Mana tide as neccessary (Innervate is useless to you).

Basically what he said is the right way, but really you shouldn't even need the off tank charging. Make sure to use wizard oil if you're hurting for TPS.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Gehrond » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:15 pm

Does the HS behave like a normal attack? IE can you dodge/parry/block it, or is like Curator? If not load up on spell damage and stam.
Gehrond

Postby ferrus » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:08 am

thanks all the idea of shadow priest is a possible solution ^^
/bow
an in progress tankadin ^^
ferrus

Postby Lowgrus » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:54 am

If you are MTing gruul wont he come to you after the knockback anyways?
Granted a rogue might spring in there before gruul gets to you?
Lowgrus

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:29 am

Gehrond wrote:Does the HS behave like a normal attack? IE can you dodge/parry/block it, or is like Curator? If not load up on spell damage and stam.

No, and Yes. You can dodge/parry/block it but it's a special attack so it doesn't crush. I load up on stam/threat and forego uncrushable status. I just drink mana pots and have another pally keep jow up, seems to be enough.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Maruko_ » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:30 pm

I wear my max stam set (~19k HP fully buffed, still uncrushable just incase MT dies and I need to take over, and 187 dmg) and use an unstable flask of the sorcerer + wizard oil to boost my threat. Basically just spam the crap out of everything, and pop AW right at the start+AS and then pop it again whenever it's up again after that. We usually have two hunters misdirect the MT/OT at the start to give them a threat boost. I judge wisdom on gruul... don't usually have much of a problem with mana except maybe at the very beginning when the HS isn't hitting very hard or if I start to dodge/parry/block it a lot, then it's mana pot time ;) Other than that just make sure your dps is using their threat drops if they get too close on threat (vanish, feign death, etc.).

For the shatter I just run as close to him as I can before I get stuck.
Also, you can bubble out of the shatter if you find yourself super far away from gruul or are in a bad spot (ie close to too many people); rogues should also be cloak of shadowing out of the shatter and moving so they aren't close to gruul when he becomes active again. As long as your rogues pay attention and don't run in before the MT/OT get there, they shouldn't be dying to the HS.
(not always accurate, I spec holy for arena)
Maruko_

Postby Candiru » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:25 pm

Lol I have bad problems outthreating the main tank on gruul. Haven't managed to kill him yet, we wiped at 11% last time after the warrior MT took a crushing blow after a parry.

I stick on judgment of crusadar using the libram of zeal, use crystalforged sword with +40spelldam enchant and +42 spelldamage oil with unstable flask of the sorceror. Then just spam JoR, consecration and avenger's shield every time their CD are up. Make sure you stand close to gruul as the hurtfull strike range is slightly smaller than his melee range and some melee will be onehitted if you don't.

Its easy to do as much threat as you need to! I use mana pot early on and then change to ironshield pots after about 10 growths when he starts hitting rather hard.

Hopefully we will have him down next time :)
Candiru

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag