Remove Advertisements

Offtanking question

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Offtanking question

Postby Frickit » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:28 am

We are beginnig to get the fight down with a new group. 17% our best attempt thus far and that was with gimped dps that week.

As an off tank for the encounter I dont have much trouble and I tend to do more TPS then the third warrior tank so I stay second eating the hurtful strikes.

What Im curious about is how do you start the encounter?

We had two hunters MD the MT warrior and myself. I tend to run into the center while the warrior gets a lead then I begin to go all out.

The problem we had on our last attempt, (which would have been successful I think) is my priest died from a hurtful while running into the center.

Should I start off right away and risk pulling from the warrior MT or should I tell the healers to lay off the HoTs at first?

I know the answer...its for me to MT but thats beside the point.

just read hammers post too but my question still remains...should the healers be throwin out HoTs from the start or should they wait?
Frickit

Postby Sithy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:00 am

When I off tanked him sometimes I had an MD, sometimes I didn't.

If you have a ret paladin you can judge wisdom to keep your mana up, if you don't have a ret pally judge crusader.

Stand in as many cave-ins as you think your healers can keep you up.

Wings early, I usually wait till after the first ground slam, you get a great amount of uninterrupted time to go all out.

If you have SoV try and start your stack near the end of your wings, and hope it stays up. I tried SoV once or twice once it dropped off twice I just went with SoR cause the dps was catching me.

Now your healer got slammed, was it early on? on the pull?

If it was on the pull, then yeah just fight the warrior for threat at the start, if you take him just back off and let him pass you. If it keeps the healers alive thats what matters.

Also if it was on the pull I wonder why your healers were running through Gruul instead of just going around him, it takes a few more seconds but they wont get swatted.
Sithy

Postby Frickit » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:10 am

yea I dont know it really sucked and Ive never seen it before. She died almost instantly after the pull. Bad position/timing/i wasnt fast enough I guess. But I will be judging crusader as fast as I can next time.
Frickit

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag