MT 2-shot (OT ninjaing my spot?! :O)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:26 am

Eh, you learn to accept it. So far I was the gruul's primary tank on our first kill and will be on the second, with 6 healers. People still whine that we're lieing or shit like that.

GL told me he didn't believe in paladin tanks till he met me and my friend, rofl.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby NarfJones » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:26 pm

Him picking up the slack at the end of the fight means nothing to you or the raid. I have yet to be in a raid that let him get to growth 14 without the tank dying. That's why off tanks exist. I'm wih Lore, we jsut let people die to the shatter if he's past growth 12.

Wait until you get to tank Doomwalker to the end. His double damage enrage is just ridiculous. We went through 3 tanks on the last 10%
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:31 pm

You need to assign healers to tanks, and they need to always top their tanks off first after shatter. 100% of the time, no exceptions, the tanks must live.

If you don't assign people, someone will die.

At 21k HP, you way overgear this fight. The problem is not yours.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Vanifae » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:56 pm

My honest opinion, it is a combo of DPS either under performing, or dying much too early on probably to shatters and your healers not focusing on you when you get past Growth 10-11, at that point you will be getting hit very hard.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Erutaron » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:55 pm

Your healers are healing the DPS more then then tanks, IMO

When we used to do this fight, we had 6 healers, 4 assigned to the MT, 2 assigned to the OT. If we had a 7th, he would HoT both tanks and the raid.

As we were learning the fight, at grow 8, the DPS was on thier own for the most part. Our first kill was quite interesting, our OT went down at 25%, we had our rogue evasion tank/vanish the hatefuls while the DPS went apeshit. meh it worked.
Erutaron

Postby Frickit » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:02 am

healers heal tanks in Gruuls.

L2bandage

if we do kill Gruul all the tanks are dead from the last few grow 15/16 mac truck hits anyway

healers dont heal the raid in Gruuls derr

edit: i mean like 7 healers and not one dps gettin a heal for rizeal tell em dont do it...make em move out the caveins lazy bastards
Frickit

Re: MT 2-shot (OT ninjaing my spot?! :O)

Postby jere » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:56 am

Dynaheir wrote:So we started Gruul 2 weeks ago, and so far we've cleared it both times, with probably 4 attempts each week.

Both times we downed him, it was close to growths 13-16, can't remember exactly right now. By then, I'm getting hit for about 7-9k.. Seeing to it as I've been my guild's MT for quite a while now, I get to receive Maulgar and Gruul's spanking... at least for the time being.

I'm having the following issue... During regular phase, healers have no problem keeping me up, it's after shatter that they have a hard time catching up and Gruul probably 2/3 shots me. This is usually close to the end of the fight when he's at 10%~ health, and the OT usually "picks" him, Last Stand, Shield Wall, GG.

It's really pissing me off, because this guy just recently joined the guild, and since initiated a "taunt" war, so the fact of him being the one saving the day at such a dire moment is really frustrating.

Any suggestions/ideas on how to avoid these going-down-so-quick's towards the end of the fight? Is the fact that blizzard denies OhShit! buttons to Paladins something I gotta suck up and just let warriors OT bosses like him? It really annoys me that I can't make it alive the whole fight. I'd appreciate any help/tips!

If at that stage he is hitting you for 7-9k, then he should be 3-4 shotting you if the healers are doing their job correctly rather than 2-3 shotting you. With 14000 unbuffed HP, you should easily have 19000+ HP raid buffed. Everytime before a shatter happens, you should be topped off and have HoT's refreshed on you (if you want, ask for a PW:S). If HoT's are all refreshed, you shouldn't be taken down in 2-3 hits given your HP's. Those alone will by you that extra hit if they are up.

I have healed, MT'd, and OT'd this fight. There is plenty of time to heal you after a shatter. He runs around for 2 seconds before even coming back to you if you don't hit him (I usually just queue up my AS toss since I have the time). While the shatter is happening, some should be spamming their Flash of Light/Flash Heal/Regrowth buttons and some should be spamming their Holy Light/Greater Heal buttons. Some of those heals will land before he hits you and some right after the first hit he lands.
jere

Postby Khayne » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:28 pm

Sometimes new healers have problems in realizing just how hard he hits in late growths.

on last weeks kill when i OT´d i frequently in his last growth saw being at 8k hp when at that point he was hitting for 11k on my ass (means i were abit below 20k buffed in there, got swinged to 8k and it took more time from healers to top me off than i took for gruul to do another hurtful strike). Lucky dodges is all why i survived on those times.

make sure the healers realize how fast his damage scales in end, your healers need to dig up that holy light key instead of only FoL at that time.
Khayne

Postby shaak » Thu May 29, 2008 4:48 am

pocketwatch dropped for me a few weeks back in a pug... since off tank had it already i thought it was all mine. little did i know the rogue wanted it too :evil: he got it :cry:
now about a month later after it still hasnt dropped again for me
shaak

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 29, 2008 5:13 am

shaak wrote:pocketwatch dropped for me a few weeks back in a pug... since off tank had it already i thought it was all mine. little did i know the rogue wanted it too :evil: he got it :cry:
now about a month later after it still hasnt dropped again for me
hm...super necro... with..no sense...?
Did you mean the frustrations thread?
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Ocin » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:54 am

hotlips wrote:true, he hits hard :) but paladins must accept that warriors will always be better tanks in this fight, if only for the silence. They can also intercept after a groundslam/shatter and use shield wall and last stand -.- pretty imba here.

meh, even when i wasn't as geared, this fight never gave us a problem so i'd have to disagree on the silences being that much of a noticeable challenge to work around compared to a warrior. so no, i don't "accept" it ;)

pocket watch, ironshield pot and nightmare seed will get you through it. i feel your pain on the watch not dropping though.

if you're not tossing your shield after every groundslam/shatter you're losing our advantage on that fight which is just as good as intercept. LoH isn't that shabby either and should be available since HKM is a big cupcake.
Ocin

Previous

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag