Remove Advertisements

Spell dmg, uncrushability when OTing Gruul

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Spell dmg, uncrushability when OTing Gruul

Postby Wakeman » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:53 pm

I haven't got the chance to MT or OT Gruul yet, but I would like to prepare for it as I may have the chance later. After reading the other posts about OTing Gruul, I find a few questions.

On my usual Kara and ZA tanking gear, I have about 250 spell dmg. With the wizard oil I have close to 300. With the Blackened Basilisk food and spell dmg flask, I will have about 350 something. Is that enough? Do I need to swap two spell dmg rings for extra 50 spell dmg?

Besides, is uncrushability important here as an OT? Can Gruul's special attack on OT crush? I want to know if I need to keep holy shield on all the time. Also, if I don't need uncrushable, I can swap more spell dmg gear without worrying uncrushability.

Thanks!
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Antharas » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:12 pm

u shouldnt be using food or that flask

u have enough spell dam
Antharas

Postby Worldie » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:43 pm

The special attack cant crush nor crit, so you actually can ignore defense and avoidance for the purpose of offtanking Gruul.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Wakeman » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:26 am

Worldie wrote:The special attack cant crush nor crit, so you actually can ignore defense and avoidance for the purpose of offtanking Gruul.

Cool! Thanks!
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Swagger » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:44 am

Wakeman wrote:
Worldie wrote:The special attack cant crush nor crit, so you actually can ignore defense and avoidance for the purpose of offtanking Gruul.

Cool! Thanks!

True, but I wouldn't advise that unless you're 100% sure your tank won't go down early. If you're uncrit/uncrush and he does, you might be able to finish. If you ignore those and he goes down, enjoy the dirt nap.
Swagger

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag