Remove Advertisements

How do i offtank Gruul?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

How do i offtank Gruul?

Postby Galadedrid » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:35 pm

ok, i dont have SoV, so im pretty much relegated to hitting him with SoR and consecrate. tanks usually die, and i lose 400 TPS due to holy shield...

what do i do to maintain second on the threatlist?
Galadedrid

Postby Pallypete » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:53 pm

Stock up on the cheapo Ogrila mana pots that you can only use in gruuls lair, along with the unstable flask of the sorceror. Use wizard oil and spelldamage food. Put up judgement of the crusader if you don't have a ret pally to do it for you, then Seal and judgement of righteousness as often as possible, plus consecrate and Captain america shield. This has probably brought your mana down far enough to use a pot, drink one, let consecrate tick and keep judging until first ground slam. After ground slam, pop wings then repeat everything you just did (throw your shield right after a hurtful so that you can still dodge when he turns to hit you again). Make sure you have all hunters MD onto you as often as it is up as well. Soon enough you'll find you're taking enough damage to regen your mana to keep ahead of the melee DPS without potting. That's how I always did it anyways (Though now I'm always the one MTing him.)
Pallypete

Postby Korath » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:55 am

I off tanked him once and it was a right pain, next run they put me as MT instead :)

I basicly did was pallypete explained but alternated between mana pots & destruction pots whenever they were up and stood in a cavein to get healed and some mana back.

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag