Remove Advertisements

Crushing blows versus big hits.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:28 am

who did get aggro after th MT died?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:30 am

Three other possibilities:

1. A growth happened in between
2. The hit that got you was his hurtful strike ability, which I think hits harder than his normal if I am not mistaken
3. A combination of the two
jere

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:01 am

A growth would not cause 6k more damage :)

He said their MT took a 12k crushing so i assume he was being hit for 8k.

Hurtful strike actually hits for way more than normal melees.

The only 2 scenarions i can see are:

1) Tank dies, you are higher in Threat but there's noone in melee range and so you eat a hurtful
2) Tank dies, the other OT is higher in Threat and you are behind him, so you took the hurtful strike.

Seriously, only the strike can be. Even if in that split second demo shout had faded, and he used Growth in that very moment, and u were not using ironshields while the MT was, a regular hit cannot hit for THAT much more.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elennira » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:08 am

bug?

maybe the game engine didnt register the change of aggro due to death and hurtful struck you regardless?
Elennira

Postby Pizbit » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:09 am

Balls wrote:Was the OT who took over demo shouting and Thunderclapping? When he died, you lost both those debuffs on Gruul. That might account for something.

EDIT: That and parries. If you got any melee hitting Gruul's face, gkick imop. Pets included. Unless you're just eating 14k straiught up each hit.

<minor thread hijack> (2.3) Pets automatically position themselves between the frontal and rear arcs so it's no longer a concern. Forget the exact degrees but you get the idea, the boss wont be parrying pet attacks.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby NarfJones » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:46 am

I've thought of all of that stuff. I took a few hits as MT before the 14k so it wasn't a hurtful strike before I got him. There were 4 melee in range, so that's not why. Neither of us were using ironshield pots.

The only solution i can come up with is that Grim Reaper just didn't register the 14k as a crushing blow.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:36 am

NarfJones wrote:I've thought of all of that stuff. I took a few hits as MT before the 14k so it wasn't a hurtful strike before I got him. There were 4 melee in range, so that's not why. Neither of us were using ironshield pots.

The only solution i can come up with is that Grim Reaper just didn't register the 14k as a crushing blow.

Just something else to consider, there is a lot of moving done in that fight, sometimes the melee aren't as close as they were a second before. I have had that happen a couple of times in 1-2% wipes where there were melee but I ate a hurtful strike anyway.
jere

Previous

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag