Remove Advertisements

HKM and fear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

HKM and fear

Postby Oramac » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:24 am

ok,l so its intimidating shout, but still.

question i have is, can i use the same cancelaura macro for it that i use for Banes fears? or does the lack of the exorcism after the cancelaura make it too risky?
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:16 am

Postby Doloth » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:38 am

The thing with divine shield is that it does not remove your aggro, just make mobs temporarily ignore it. I am not sure the reasoning behind using exorcism after bubbling out of a fear with Nightbane, but I figure that it is to be on the safe side in case any melee dps were riding the aggro line.

Thus I would say it is safe to use with HK. Even so, you have your taunt, and with a raid of 25 people, you should have enough fear wards or a tremor totem that should keep you safe while he uses it.
Image
User avatar
Doloth
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:58 am

Postby Tekkel » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:58 am

U can basicly tank through it at HKM. I did it this week without FW or totem and I didn't drop below 50% during the fear.
User avatar
Tekkel
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:10 am
Location: EU Silvermoon

Postby Oramac » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:32 am

Tekkel wrote:U can basicly tank through it at HKM. I did it this week without FW or totem and I didn't drop below 50% during the fear.


you mean he still attacked you after the fear? i've always seen it as an Intimidating Shout kinda thing that he still ignores the main target and goes to other people after he casts it.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:16 am

Postby gwayne » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:49 am

Oramac wrote:you mean he still attacked you after the fear? i've always seen it as an Intimidating Shout kinda thing that he still ignores the main target and goes to other people after he casts it.


I've had him continue to attack me after the fear. However he charges the raid anyway and often seems to do this just after a fear. Get yourself a FW rotation going and you'll have no problems.

My only issue with HKM these days is when he charges the raid. I sensibly use righteous defense and then one of the noob warrior tanks decides to taunt him as he runs back to me. *Splat* and I get back to tanking. I'm sure they will learn one day...
Gwayne
<CTSamurai>
Neptulon-EU
gwayne
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:25 am

Postby Ocin » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:48 pm

i noticed that the nightbane macro with exorcism doesn't really work for me. i'm running away from him and not facing him after i hit the macro, so the exorcism doesn't hit. anyone else notice this?

sorry OT
Ocin
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:55 am
Location: NJ/NYC

Postby Everlight » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:19 pm

I've tanked HKM several times since 2.3, and every time he's stayed glued to me during the fear.

It's a bit weird because an Intimidating Shout is supposed to break on any damage - let alone a 20-foot tall ogre punching you in the face. But it doesn't break.

What probably happened was the fun times of him fearing you and then charging, which he sometimes does.
Everlight
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:48 pm

Postby Invisusira » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:22 pm

Everlight wrote:I've tanked HKM several times since 2.3, and every time he's stayed glued to me during the fear.

It's a bit weird because an Intimidating Shout is supposed to break on any damage - let alone a 20-foot tall ogre punching you in the face. But it doesn't break.

What probably happened was the fun times of him fearing you and then charging, which he sometimes does.

Mobs spells don't follow the same rules as player spells with the same name, tho.
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Postby kalbear » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:12 pm


you mean he still attacked you after the fear? i've always seen it as an Intimidating Shout kinda thing that he still ignores the main target and goes to other people after he casts it.
I believe that's a change in behavior from 2.2 to 2.3.
kalbear
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:11 pm

Postby Everlight » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:19 pm

Invisusira wrote:Mobs spells don't follow the same rules as player spells with the same name, tho.


I'm more than aware of this, however before 2.3 it did not work like this. Any damage taken broke the fear immediately - I used to use Blessing of Sacrifice on the off-tank to ensure this.

This has been changed, hence the comment.

(I do the same thing with the Felguard Overseers in SL, but I haven't been in there since 2.3)
Everlight
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:48 pm


Return to High King / Gruul / Mag

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?