Remove Advertisements

Olm The Death Coiler

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Olm The Death Coiler

Postby Claydon » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:00 am

Last night was my first 25 man raid as a full time prot paladin. I was asked to tank Olm.

I did what i believed was correct, waited till all the others had been pulled, HS, AS, JoR but then i was just Death Coiled almost constantly, i would get maybe 2 seconds in between a deathcoil, enough time to HS then concecrate and Judge if possible to try and help with agro.

Unforutnately i kept getting killed, and i don't know why. With the new fear mechanics the guy stayed on me without a problem but i must have been taking a beating. oh and i did have a fear ward on me at the start of the fight.

Raid buffed i have 510+ defence 109.4 avoidance 18.2k health and 16.5k+ armour.

was i doing something wrong here? after two attempts a warrior in pretty average gear probably with about 16k buffed health took over and he had no problem with staying alive.

am i right to think that they can stance dance to get out of fear?

was it just cause i was getting wtfpwned in the back.
Claydon

Postby Gray » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:23 am

No mate, it's just crap healing tbh. I tank him at 18.1k, 18k armour and 103 avoidance and have no problems despite being feared every 2-3 seconds until the locks enslave the hounds. I make a point of getting my healer on MSN and talking her through when to heal or not. My health rarely drops below 70% or so. I'd ask for a different healer if i was you.
Gray

Postby Claydon » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:14 am

Good to know that it probably wasnt me causing the problem, i didnt really see anyway out of the deathcoil so i kinda put it down to healing or lack of it, thing is i think i had one of our better healers on me :?
Claydon

Postby Invisusira » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:49 am

It's typically best to have warriors and druids on Olm, simply because they can charge back in after skillcoils. Go tank high king =D
Invisusira

Postby Bubbleoseven » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:50 am

ahh don't worry too much man, sometimes healers are just preoccupied with other stuff or maybe he was just a dick trying to make you look bad :P

in any case this happens to every tank and you being a pally would have made next to no difference :D
Bubbleoseven

Postby Claydon » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:11 am

Like i said i didnt think it was any fault of my own, i did all i could to get a big threat lead before getting death coiled constanly.

My healer was the Pala CL so i doubt he would want to make me look bad, maybe there was just a bit of confusion over who was healing me etc.
Claydon

Postby Xanatos » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:53 am

Iirc, warrs can't stance dance out of the fears since they're based on horror mechanics (deathcoil).
Xanatos

Postby Stylaan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:04 am

Xanatos wrote:Iirc, warrs can't stance dance out of the fears since they're based on horror mechanics (deathcoil).

You can't dance Death Coil, one it's a horror effect, two it's an instant cast.

Typically, we just have a ret paladin or arms warrior run in at Olm off the bat and our designated tank will pull off that person after the first death coil (which pretty much happens immediately >_>)

Then the tank and the felpuppies take over.
Stylaan

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag