Remove Advertisements

Stats to MT Gruul's/Mag?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Stats to MT Gruul's/Mag?

Postby Kizzer » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:19 am

I tried searching and failed, but I'm wondering what kind of stats I should be looking for to be able to MT Gruul's and Mag (mainly because it seems my GL doesn't exactly have much faith in me yet, and I want to hurry up and shut down all his doubts or whatever issues it is that he has). I read somewhere that 250-300 SD is good, but I couldn't find anything on unbuffed HP goals or suggestions. I'm currently sitting at just about 12.5k unbuffed (I got happy when I cracked 15k fully buffed...lol).
Kizzer

Postby gmf1 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:22 am

I got into a pug the other day just tanked the priest on high king ran out of mana and the healer fell asleep so give that a go, then the tank on high king died and i picked him up lasted bout a minute which i thought was pretty good :) they said next time come with 14k unbuffed, and i'd say 300+sd would be fine, i didint have any troubles with 223 (they were killing my target first) but dps was holding back a bit.
gmf1
Maintankadonor

Postby klauth » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:45 pm

Especially on Gruul I don't think 12,5K health and 250-300 spelldamage will be enough. Gruul is basicly a dps race, so you need to put out as much threat as possible to make sure the dps doesn't have to hold back. Also because of the silence, there is a chance you could recieve a crushing blow if it prevents you from casting holy shield. Especially further in the fight, those silences can be deadly if you have a low healthpool like that. Magtheridon has a nastly cleave that can deal massive damage as well, but the threat there usually is less of an issue, because he is a demon and (for our guild anyway) you have a little bit of time to get a nice headstart because of 1 maybe 2 remaining adds when he becomes active.
Unfortunately I can't give you any min. stats that should be enough. Also I think it strongly depends on how well geared your raidmembers are. But to be honest, I don't think you're at the point of tanking those bosses yet if you have 12,5 K health and 250-300 spelldamage. Correct me if anybody thinks I'm wrong.
klauth

Postby rolo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:17 am

I have well over 15k unbuffed and loads of avoidance, but my spell damage is only 250ish, so even with wizard oil I can't crank out enough threat to MT Gruul. On the high king fight I usually tank the warlock or priest and do fine, did the high King once but I wasn't uncrushable yet then, so that went badly.

On Gruul I'm usually 4th or 5th on the threat list, which is enough for "emergency hateful strike eater". It should get better once Cudgel of Consecration or Gruul's Spellblade drops for me. Right now I'm still using the Continuum blade (but boy did I get my money's worth out of that)
Orcrist, lvl 70 Prot Paladin, Zul'Jin
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Orcrist
rolo

Postby enix » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:39 pm

Would link armory but can't atm.
As long as you'er uncrush an crit you should be fine.

I got to growth 7-9 and ran out of mana, then the druid tank pulled agro which was fine. But we got to growth 16-18 I forgot to put holy sheild up and got a 16k hurtful strike (crushing), lol. I have 17.5k fully raid buffed, with +20 stam food, so I would suggest over 16k hp fully buffed or keep holy shield up at all times lol.
enix

Postby rolo » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:18 am

Hurtful Strike can't crush. That was probably a high end regular hit. He gets pretty nasty after that many grows.
Orcrist, lvl 70 Prot Paladin, Zul'Jin
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Orcrist
rolo

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag