Horde City Strategies

Doomwalker, Doom Lord Kazzak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Horde City Strategies

Postby Tankadinner » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:20 am

Wasn't sure if this was a good place to post, but it seemed to fit. Basically I'm trying to find out if anyone knows of any good places to find a strategy in horde city raiding.

Might try to push a 4 city in 1 night event and am looking for what the typical makeup is, plus the best path and city order.

Anyone experienced in it?
Tankadinner

Postby Elsie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:09 am

Time-wise would probably be feralas -> thunderbluff -> orgrimmar -> undercity -> silvermoon or, of course, vice-versa. It depends if you want to start from night elf areas or stormwind (flying to ZA).

Getting orgrimmar out of the way first is probably best to avoid 80s from piling up there. It sees a lot of traffic, but they all hang out reasonably far from Thrall. You could have, easily, 5+ minutes of uninterrupted boss time.

Undercity will definitely be the hardest boss. It's similar to stormwind: one way in, one way out. Except it doesn't even have a tram. You have to fight pretty much everything in there to get to Sylvanas.

So undercity first (due to congestion). Then, if horde is light and you win, slam orgrimmar. Otherwise cool them off with silvermoon and Thunderbluff and blitz orgrimmar from Ashenvale entrance to save alert-time.
Elsie

Postby Tankadinner » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:40 am

Well, we ran it last night...it was sorta sad, we killed all four with 29 people, all guildies, very little strategy, a lot of talking, and basically a few people actually involved in the organization.

We essentially destroyed Silvermoon City first, ported to IF, ran to Undercity through the sewers, killed a rather easy Sylvanas (after a few hiccups, not wipes, just hiccups with disorganization and lack of planning). Then ported to Theramore, went to TB by way of Rachet, or Mudsprocket, found Cairne already dead...ported back to Theramore, went to Org, killed Thrall, killed flightmasters, Auctioneers and bankers and walked out the front door. Went back to TB, found Cairne alive, killed him and then just created havoc.

On Stormrage, the Alliance to Horde ratio is like 20:very sad, and it was enjoyable, but seemed very easy without any resistance.

I remember the days where it wasn't that easy to create a dis-organized group and just run in and kill shit. Sadly, I didn't tank, I suppose I'm considered a second-stringer in the guild, not necessarily from ability, but more from popularity...so I kicked some ass as retrib.
Tankadinner

Postby rewack » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:08 am

As a Belf Pally on Stormrage I can tell you that yes, basically Allies faceroll ftw and we can't do anything about to the point we don't even try.
rewack

Re: Horde City Strategies

Postby hthomas13 » Wed May 06, 2009 5:51 pm

I'm on a server that doesnt care for Horde...i've seen 19 manned groups take out the cities >.<
hthomas13

Re: Horde City Strategies

Postby amunstorr » Sun May 10, 2009 7:02 am

I was guild first to get the war bear on my Warlock, on Emerald Dream US. And now that i think about it, i am guild first on Christianity as well, but im in a fledgling guild so.... w/e.
But the raids on Drak'Tharon are fast and not to hard. Alliance FAILS at raiding Horde cities on my server.
I did get to Tank all the City bosses, and i did die in IF screwing around after the boss kill.
amunstorr

Return to Outdoor World Bosses