Doomwalker/Kazzak

Doomwalker, Doom Lord Kazzak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Doomwalker/Kazzak

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:06 am

When is a good time for a guild to start Kazzak or Doomwalker I dont know which is harder but I'm guessing they r both after Mag or Gruul
Lightbeard

Postby Ownopotamus » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:46 am

I would say after Mag. Kazzak is really really easy though if you have the right strat.

I'd say Doomwalker is a bit tougher. They both hit hard as well.
Ownopotamus

Postby kedalic » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:53 am

I actually pugged a doomwalker kill last week, as one of the MTs (along with 2 warriors). Key bits as a pally tank, watch for the overrun warning, back away from the MT a little bit (if you aren't it atm) and hit your taunt macro and AS the moment doomwalker takes off on the overrun, and he is yours =). Makes the kill extremely easy and clean to have every overrun (a full aggro drop and random charge) controlled that way. Be aware, everyone in the raid needs to be spread out, and have at least 8k health unbuffed (to allow wiggle room) since the 8k earthquake aoe will destroy the raid otherwise. Lastly, you need at LEAST 2 MTs (and preferably 3) as well as 2-3 taunters spread out, in case you miss/resist/get overnuked on the overrun pickups, and because he stacks a debuff on the MT that eventually makes you unhealable (and requires a tank swap). Dmg wise, he hits for 11-13k on plate (crush for 25k oneshots on stupid stamina warriors ;p). Lastly, fill the full 40 man raid, as there is an enrage timer, and a lot of people will drop to lightening chains and earthquakes. As long as you have 40 people, with enough stamina, 5-6 competent healers, 3 good tanks, and a few fillers, he goes down easy.
kedalic

Postby Candria » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:17 pm

Maybe I have just had bad timing, but I haven't been able to taunt DW before he starts his overrun at which point I am thrown back and unable to taunt. Is it just as the cd comes up? or a visual que?
Candria

Postby Cakes » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:20 am

Candria wrote:Maybe I have just had bad timing, but I haven't been able to taunt DW before he starts his overrun at which point I am thrown back and unable to taunt. Is it just as the cd comes up? or a visual que?

You can't be next to DW when he does overrun (i.e. you can't be tanking at the the time or be on top of the MT). The overrun tosses you back out of range of whoever you would like to be taunting off of. Stacks of vengeance also help for getting him back.
Cakes

Postby kedalic » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:41 am

Drop consecrate right before overrun (use your bossmod timer), and also back out of melee right before it. If you are still standing on him when he does it, the knockback will prevent an immediate taunt. I've had the consecrate tick alone get him back on me, but being 10 yards back or so lets you AS/taunt immediately, which gives you 2 more ways to get him.
kedalic

Postby Ownopotamus » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:50 am

Candria wrote:Maybe I have just had bad timing, but I haven't been able to taunt DW before he starts his overrun at which point I am thrown back and unable to taunt. Is it just as the cd comes up? or a visual que?

There's a point (hard to time but our warrior does it) where you can taunt him right before overrun and he won't fling you around and he won't run around either.
Ownopotamus

Return to Outdoor World Bosses