Remove Advertisements

Flask of Petrification &Bloodboil

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Flask of Petrification &Bloodboil

Postby Lowgrus » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:44 pm

I was just wondering if anyone knew wether or not flask of pretrification worked to get rid of the debuffs on ya. I've done this fight before and overall its a hassle I mean obviously its not undoable or not that awfuly hard, but still agitating.

You'd still have to use 3 tanks in case of knockbacks/disorients but in theory could I get 8 debuffs bubble, it goes to next tank, when my bubble wheres off I pick it back up, 8 debuffs flask, and so on....?

I mean may seem a little unessacary but if ya got the money why not? and they are cheap to make especially with elixer spec alchemist.

I wont be using these till I'm sure our healers can keep up fel rage person however.

Is there anything about this flask that I should know in particular? Or any reason why this woulnd't work?
Lowgrus

Re: Flask of Petrification &Bloodboil

Postby superworm » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:20 am

Lowgrus wrote:I was just wondering if anyone knew wether or not flask of pretrification worked to get rid of the debuffs on ya. I've done this fight before and overall its a hassle I mean obviously its not undoable or not that awfuly hard, but still agitating.

You'd still have to use 3 tanks in case of knockbacks/disorients but in theory could I get 8 debuffs bubble, it goes to next tank, when my bubble wheres off I pick it back up, 8 debuffs flask, and so on....?

I mean may seem a little unessacary but if ya got the money why not? and they are cheap to make especially with elixer spec alchemist.

I wont be using these till I'm sure our healers can keep up fel rage person however.

Is there anything about this flask that I should know in particular? Or any reason why this woulnd't work?

I was told that in current version flask of petrification clears all your threat, but never tested that myself.
superworm

Postby Vandril » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:27 am

- You lose all your threat
- You lose all your buffs
- You lose all your debuffs
- You cant click of the "flask-buff" (as far as i know its a debuff)
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:43 am

The flask of petrification gives a debuff instead of buff, so quite blocks you for 1 minute. That's enough to not use it

It's the win on Brutallus tho.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aleriya » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:25 pm

Flask of Petrification is like DI more than like DS. I'm pretty sure it was intended to be used as wipe recovery.
Aleriya

Postby QuantumDelta » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:04 pm

Aleriya wrote:Flask of Petrification is like DI more than like DS. I'm pretty sure it was intended to be used as wipe recovery.

Not really.
It was just abused a bit too much by certain raiders for certain encounters.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:21 pm

There's no aggro wipe on Bloodboil so if you're tempted to use it during a p2 when you're not tanking, don't.

You should be fine at 8 debuffs btw, might as well wait until your health starts dipping dangerously to clear it.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Lowgrus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:42 am

PsiVen wrote:There's no aggro wipe on Bloodboil so if you're tempted to use it during a p2 when you're not tanking, don't.

You should be fine at 8 debuffs btw, might as well wait until your health starts dipping dangerously to clear it.

what are you trying to even say there?

I've gotten from above that plask of petrification is complete aggro whipe and stuff so using in phase 1 or phase 2 would be bad for a tank period....

It honestly dont matter I found out today that he hits like a school girl to me now. I've gotten a bit of upgrades and such recently one question though is moroes pocket watch & the parry trinket from ZA OR duel stam trinkets?
Lowgrus

Postby Seloei » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:45 am

Dual avoidance trinkets or threat+avoidance trinkets. Avoided attack -> no debuff stack -> longer time for the others to catch up. Trinket choice depends on how good are your healers, how good are the other tanks and how reckless the dps is.

Don't gimp your health tho, try to stay at atleast 20k buffed (kings, forti, food, flask).
Seloei

Return to Black Temple