Remove Advertisements

Which Boss Next?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Which Boss Next?

Postby Zaephod » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:28 pm

Fellow tankadins, I need some advice. My guild is currently 4/5 in MH and 7/9 in BT and we're wondering where to head next.

We've attempted Archimonde before but seem to have some sort of block with him. We have not attempted Illidari Council yet, but only in the last two weeks have we killed Bloodboil, RoS, and Mother.

I was asked by the GM to recommend our next focus target and am trying to give him an informed answer. Which should we tackle next?

We have a tank group of a warrior, druid, and a tankadin all with T5/T6 equipment. A great group of DPS and some phenomenal healers. We've also got a GM that understands that each fight can have a best/worst tank for the job and allows the appropriate tank on it.

If it helps, our best (by far) attempt on Archimonde was 43% before calling a wipe. Usual attempts have us wiping in the 70-80% range.

Again, where should we head next?
Image Image
Zaephod

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:31 pm

If your raid is not capable of surviving archi i'd suggest not bothering with him until you kill Illidan.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Which Boss Next?

Postby Dianora » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:44 pm

Zaephod wrote:Fellow tankadins, I need some advice. My guild is currently 4/5 in MH and 7/9 in BT and we're wondering where to head next.

We've attempted Archimonde before but seem to have some sort of block with him. We have not attempted Illidari Council yet, but only in the last two weeks have we killed Bloodboil, RoS, and Mother.

I was asked by the GM to recommend our next focus target and am trying to give him an informed answer. Which should we tackle next?

We have a tank group of a warrior, druid, and a tankadin all with T5/T6 equipment. A great group of DPS and some phenomenal healers. We've also got a GM that understands that each fight can have a best/worst tank for the job and allows the appropriate tank on it.

If it helps, our best (by far) attempt on Archimonde was 43% before calling a wipe. Usual attempts have us wiping in the 70-80% range.

Again, where should we head next?

We spend 1 day on Mother, followed by 1 more day on Council. Council is just long and boring.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby knaughty » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:16 pm

Illidari Council is the Olympics of not standing in shit.

If your raid can't learn to not standing in Doomfire, you won't be able to do council either.

Do Archimonde.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Zaephod » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:17 pm

Mixed opinions so far, which is about how the guild officers are at the moment. There really isn't a clear-cut choice is there?

Most of the vocal raiders are voting for Archimonde, so we'll probably do that. I'll suggest we do the "survive until the enrage" technique to prove to ourselves we can do it.

Thanks for the advice y'all :)
Image Image
Zaephod

Postby Dianora » Sun May 18, 2008 6:30 pm

Zaephod wrote:Mixed opinions so far, which is about how the guild officers are at the moment. There really isn't a clear-cut choice is there?

Most of the vocal raiders are voting for Archimonde, so we'll probably do that. I'll suggest we do the "survive until the enrage" technique to prove to ourselves we can do it.

Thanks for the advice y'all :)

For us, we did Archimond long before we got RoS or Bloodboil down. I think we got Gorefiend and Archimond 'roudn the same time. If you can down Mother, Council isn't really any harder, just need to have people who can pay attention. Rogue/Shaman who's not asleep to interrupt, Mage that's spell hit capped with enough HP to survive, warrior/druid tank to tank the paladin and you to tank the rogue.

For Archimond (which I saw a grand total of twice, as it's a 1 tank fight, we only bring 1 tank), it's another intelligence check. Don't stand in fire, don't forget to click on tear, and stay away from fire before the fear.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Elsie » Sun May 18, 2008 8:29 pm

Do council/illidan. way easier to predict.
Elsie

Postby Zaephod » Sun May 18, 2008 9:40 pm

Alrighty, as a follow-up to this topic - we ended up going with Council and got it down after 1.5 raid nights (6 hours). We've now killed them 3 times. A week later, we got Archimonde. Tonight was our second Archimonde kill. Now we've started Illidan and are having the fun of learning Phase 2.
Image Image
Zaephod

Postby Loganb1104 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:41 am

Grats! Once you get phase 2, you're 90% of the way there. As long as people can spread out and kill the demons, you're golden.
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104

Return to Black Temple