Remove Advertisements

Supremus Bug for pally?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Jarkeld » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:12 am

every time we've done him it's clearly been a second person on aggro in melee range gets hateful strikes regardless of health levels, first on aggro is MT of boss. One time I actually solo tanked him through hateful strikes with no melee in range, they all got 1 shotted as soon as they ran in regardless of my current health level, for a couple minutes with ironshield going untill we hit the enrage timer.
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Postby Gerilith » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:40 am

/selfquote
Gerilith wrote:Another point (don't know if mentioned) is, that you have to get in meleerange before the other melees - at least at the beginning. Otherwise you will not appear in the "hateful list".

The hateful tank(s) have to be 2nd/3rd in meleerange when engaging at the beginning or every normal phase and 2nd in HP, that's all. Aggro is subordinate.
If your melees are dumb enough to charge him, sprint or whatever and do not wait until ~all~ tanks are in range (at Patchwork we waited until all hateful tanks had their hateful), it is their fault.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Rithale » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:33 pm

I keep taking the first hateful strike when I pickup after kite phase. I have taken to casting my HS 3 seconds before phase 1 hits and then landing a avenger's sheild exorcism judgement combo for a good opener. I have considered grabing engineering to throw a bomb into the mix for variety :)
Rithale

Postby Radon » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:18 am

We figured out that bug was occuring for us too. I maintank him while our prot warrior is supposed to eat hateful strikes with his hp. But that wasnt happening all the time although he was right on top of him, supremus was hiting some rogue or dps warrior from time to time.
So we added our feral druid into merry band, and it worked. He was either hiting the warrior or the druid.
Radon

Postby Chromax » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:47 am

A couple of notes:

Supremus hit box is larger than has ability to actually hit a melee oponent. You might want to make sure all of your tanks are standing on top of each other to ensure proper range. Your melee can stand at max hit box range also to avoid any HS's.

We use 3 tanks (since we have 3 most of our raid) and we never have HS issues on the melee, even if they noob out and get inside of the hit range.
Chromax

Postby Kagi » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:57 am

it is somewhere on the wowwiki strat, but if the OT has more max hp than the main tank, he will ignore the OT and strike someone else instead. had this happen last week, I hate to remove a trinket to get 10hp less than the war MT, then I got all the strikes like normal.
Kagi

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:17 am

So many weird ideas...

1: Supremus queues Hateful targets based on arrival order. Get your tanks in first
2: His hitbox is broken. Stay between his legs to soak HS
3: Threat is not a factor. Get *any* threat and you're targetable by HS.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Diocaska » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:29 am

Chromax wrote:A couple of notes:

Supremus hit box is larger than has ability to actually hit a melee oponent. You might want to make sure all of your tanks are standing on top of each other to ensure proper range. Your melee can stand at max hit box range also to avoid any HS's.

This is what I personally believe is the most likely thing.

I had the same issue with Gruul and his hatefuls. I was definately 2nd on threat, but other people were getting nuked, I moved in a few yards, and I started getting the hatefuls again. So I believe Supremus is also very likely to have a smaller hateful range than range you have to be to hit him.

Other likely scenario is topping up the OT. If he hits and you've not been topped off, its likely he'll hit someone else. We generally have melee remove all stamina buffs, and if they're careful, it shouldnt be a problem.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Previous

Return to Black Temple