Remove Advertisements

1 Paladin, 2 Flames, Can it be done?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

1 Paladin, 2 Flames, Can it be done?

Postby Afraithe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:19 am

This thought have poped up in my head a few times, could it be possible to AOE tank the 2 Flames of Azzinoth? Their burst isn't enough to nuke 1 tank down, and if you only have 1 tank, you will have 4+ healers dedicated on you.

The tanking positioning would be different. Instead of pathing on the outside of the grate, you path 2 paths down the middle and back again. With the raid divided into 4 groups. They would have to avoid the beams I believe, might be possible to sqeeze them in between the beam path and the tanking path though, not sure.

Code: Select all
R1 || R2
   ||
R3 || R4

Can it be done? :)
Afraithe

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:37 am

I'm not sure that the consecration would be enough to keep the 2nd flame on you.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Afraithe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:42 am

Well, idea would be to start off tanking at the top of the path, with both misdirected to tank, put a skull up on one to DPS, since its tricky to build on both effectively.

I think the main problem might be getting ppl to avoid the beams if that is needed, dont want ppl to move to much into other groups, since the aoe nuke he does hurts quite a lot.
Afraithe

Postby Lore » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:01 am

Two issues that immediately spring to mind:

#1: Since there's players in basically every direction from where you're standing, it would be very hard to position even one flame to make sure they don't breathe on the raid - two would be next to impossible.

#2: Your kite rotation would have to be much faster than normal. Either that or you'd be standing in green fire 100% of the time and double green sometimes. That's a little over triple the damage you'd normally be taking.

EDIT: Also, I think you'd find the kiteable area much smaller than you expect, particularly at the corners.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Mithos » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:55 am

kiteable area would be far too small aye, else it could work :(
Mithos

Postby Amran20 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:54 am

What about the fact that if a Flame gets too far away from it's Twinblade it goes apeshit and poopaloops the raid? Unless in the middle it's at that *perfect* distance?

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Splug » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:59 am

Given that you'd have to move doubletime, I think you'd end up looping into the start of your path before the first round despawned. Also, if the other groups have to move to avoid eye blasts... where do they go? They can't just temporarily move and go back, that demonfire ticks for 2000 without FR.

It's an interesting concept though... I don't think it'd work in this case, but a cool "What if?" scenario.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:05 pm

if anything doing this would realy silence ANY critics against prot palas

I think its doable , so gl :)
Io.Draco

Postby fiorina » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:01 pm

I thought about this as well, it's maybe doable, bit different way. But problem is too spiky damage, you can get barrage, you can get few AoE's on you, also aggro would be shitty for DPS to distinguish.
Possible maybe, but not easier.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Afraithe » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:54 am

Well, should only have to focus threat on 1 of the targets, and just judge the other a few times, this together with consecration should keep them both on you. Ill try to convince my guild to try this, would be a world-first ;)

And regarding spike damage, as long as I can keep out of enough flame patches, I think ill be alright, in all our tries/kills I've seen the offtanks get hit once or twice by barrage. I could bubble/cancelbubble to get it away (it stops right as you bubble), but that would be risky. Thing is, you will have 3 or 4 paladins constantly spaming you with heals, there isn't a lot of things 4 paladins can't keep up, unless they can one-shot me, and I don't think that is possible unless I make a mistake and stand in quadruple flame patches.
Afraithe

Postby Eliane » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:12 am

Make sure to fraps it if you get to try this :D
Eliane

Postby Oramac » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:52 am

dude, try this, fraps it and then be The Man for a while.

if i had better gear i'd ask to try this in my guild, but since we just did our first ever illidan pull yesterday, im not sure it'd be possible for me yet.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Gerilith » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:07 am

I think the raid will have some problems to stay between Blazes and Eye Beams - very close to impossible.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Neuron » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:33 am

neat idea,

but bad idea.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Eender » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:46 pm

I, unfortunately, have to spec holy for everything except hyjal and our guild has a solo paladin on each flame tank with either a priest or druid running HoTs on them. So.. if you have 4 on you and you can't stay up then, give up right then and there. This strat is doable I think but very hard to perfect and get your raid used too. If you already have Illidan on farm there is no reason to put your guild through another learning encounter when it is easily done now with your current strat. Great idea tho, props.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Next

Return to Black Temple