Remove Advertisements

Does a Tankadin make a big difference in BT?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Jellypop » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:59 pm

Worldie wrote:Yes, you should ask to tank him (assuming your gear allows you to).

how much avoidance would you recommend buffed? that would be idea for tanking BT bosses.

i honestly haven't been allowed to tank any boss in TK level, cept.. well, one lurker fight... FLK adds...engineer .. al'ar.. so stats doesn't really matter back then... and in hyjal.. 25~27% is what i run with...

for BT...

55? 60? 65?
Jellypop

Postby Seloei » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:22 pm

Starting from 50% ending at 65%, as much as you can stack. As long as you have a few t6 quality loot you are ready. The major drawback is being massively worse geared than the other tanks.
Also if you haven't gotten a "tank spot" for a while you might have forgotten the basics of big raid bosses and need to relearn, ask to maintank farm content and then start with bt. Nothing that reduces their "trust" in you after asking to teron and getting crushed twice while your pulling him and wiping.
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:35 am

Jellypop wrote:
Worldie wrote:Yes, you should ask to tank him (assuming your gear allows you to).

how much avoidance would you recommend buffed? that would be idea for tanking BT bosses.

i honestly haven't been allowed to tank any boss in TK level, cept.. well, one lurker fight... FLK adds...engineer .. al'ar.. so stats doesn't really matter back then... and in hyjal.. 25~27% is what i run with...

for BT...

55? 60? 65?

20kish HP and 50-60% avoidance is all you need for all black temple.
p.s. don't forget Supremus does not crush
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jellypop » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:03 am

i tank gruul weekly for 10 months, until this tuesday when i got the shield../face palm.

i mean, either way, holy shield is spammed, probably could use more relearning

i'm pretty sure i can tank stuff in BT then. with my gears.

question is, would I need more hit rating to ensure my frisbee hits supremus?
Jellypop

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:42 am

Not really, freesbee + exorcism + jor, at least one should hit.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jellypop » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:27 am

and if all else fails, a hunter should be MDing like nightbane style, correct?

then it doesn't seem to be as hard, problem probably lies where, since Supremus isn't crushing, wouldn't a druid be more useful tanking him.

./pray.
Jellypop

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:49 am

eh, ranged pickup and high snap aggro so DPS can start heavy DPS sooner are bonuses. Also, cat dps > your dps, I'd imagine, so from a raid utility standpoint it makes more sense.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Jellypop » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:10 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:eh, ranged pickup and high snap aggro so DPS can start heavy DPS sooner are bonuses. Also, cat dps > your dps, I'd imagine, so from a raid utility standpoint it makes more sense.

would not surprise me if they make me go spec ret portal to IF and a summon right back.

1950atp + 37% (including imp JotC) critc unbuffed.
Jellypop

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:58 pm

Pff looks like your ret gear is better than your prot one :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jellypop » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:03 pm

not really. just random ssc/tk DE stuff and s3 gloves and pants. GOGGLES FTW.

and trollbane. rofl.

i'd still say my prot set is "better"
Jellypop

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:49 am

Man, respecing between fights just seems horribly painful.

It would be interesting if you could just respec on the fly at a nominal fee, without having to visit a trainer.

I also wish Illidan would drop aggro between phases so FR tanks could put on gear that doesn't gimp them for 4/5ths of the fight.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelthraz » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:32 pm

You have put hope in this young paladins heart, i tanked hyjal for the first time today and got scared witless when they said "I hope you enjoyed that, i wouldn't bank on being in the BT setup for a few weeks" hopefully with all these bargaining tools i can get in and just see the content rather than sitting in shattrath praying for mass wipes (i mean, er, progresion? :D)

KZ 11/11, ZA 6/6, TK 1/4, SSC 0/6, MH 4/5, BT 4/9
Kelthraz

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:40 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:I also wish Illidan would drop aggro between phases so FR tanks could put on gear that doesn't gimp them for 4/5ths of the fight.

Illidan actually does reset aggro o.o

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:17 pm

Worldie wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:I also wish Illidan would drop aggro between phases so FR tanks could put on gear that doesn't gimp them for 4/5ths of the fight.

Illidan actually does reset aggro o.o
He probably means drop out of combat so we could swap gear.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Black Temple