Remove Advertisements

Soloing BT Trash. Possible?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Soloing BT Trash. Possible?

Postby Walker » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:55 am

Title says it all. I know locks and s-priests are able to was wondering if anyone had a chance to see if a prot pally or any pally for that matter is able to. (Mostly i have heard its Mother Shazzrah Trash)
Walker

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:13 am

I completely doubt this is possible.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:51 am

Mother trash would be soloable if it wasn't for the stun they do
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Lansky » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:50 am

Nothing is soloable that would be worth your time. I'll go ahead and say all solo BT trash farming requires the ability to kite to kill reliably and I am fairly sure I've tested just about every type of pack.
Lansky

Postby Joanadark » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:28 pm

why would you assume ANY raid instance trash would be soloable?

.....IS any raid instance trash soloable?
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Aalryn » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:41 pm

hunters mages & locks can solo some. we can't.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Walker » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:20 pm

Mahalo for the replies guys. Guess i just have to sit back and watch the Shadow priests and Locks get all the free gems and hearts LOL.
Walker

Postby Lansky » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:58 pm

Joanadark wrote:why would you assume ANY raid instance trash would be soloable?

Yup lol. It's quite sad.

A Spriest and a hunter in my guild made quite a nice profit by solo'ing trash in BT. I'm sure any ranged class could do what the Spriest did, though DoTs made it much easier. Spriest solo'd the first pack prior to Teron, or rather solo'd the 2 mobs with lower HP then evade bugged them and let it reset. The hunter preferred the trash packs before Shahraz where he'd kite them long enough to kill one then feign and repeat.

Additionally when you are learning Teron if you are unsuccessful one night you can hug the back corner of the upper terrace area before his room and wait for the respawns. The grunts are easy to kill and you can reach a handful of them without aggro'ing the real trash. I believe they removed gems, and patterns from their loot tables and possibly hearts as well because this was being abused. Not entirely sure about that though, might still be a nice way to make money.
Lansky

Postby Cakes » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:49 am

Lansky wrote:
Joanadark wrote:why would you assume ANY raid instance trash would be soloable?

Yup lol. It's quite sad.

A Spriest and a hunter in my guild made quite a nice profit by solo'ing trash in BT. I'm sure any ranged class could do what the Spriest did, though DoTs made it much easier. Spriest solo'd the first pack prior to Teron, or rather solo'd the 2 mobs with lower HP then evade bugged them and let it reset. The hunter preferred the trash packs before Shahraz where he'd kite them long enough to kill one then feign and repeat.

Additionally when you are learning Teron if you are unsuccessful one night you can hug the back corner of the upper terrace area before his room and wait for the respawns. The grunts are easy to kill and you can reach a handful of them without aggro'ing the real trash. I believe they removed gems, and patterns from their loot tables and possibly hearts as well because this was being abused. Not entirely sure about that though, might still be a nice way to make money.

We farmed grunts for a couple weeks getting hearts for our guild because they refused to drop elsewhere in the instance. Entire Hyjal clears were leaving us with 1-2 hearts.
Cakes

Postby enbee » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:32 pm

Oh right I forgot, we can solo the grunts in BV gear, I used to do it alot, with invis pots and a soulstone (tho I hear they dont drop epics/hearts anymore since last patch?)
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Maranus » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:18 am

Aqueous Spawns?
You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
Maranus

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:34 am

Not really, they have 40kish HP and are elementals = no block.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Black Temple