Remove Advertisements

Illidari Council

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Oramac » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Splug wrote:Aye, as long as you have >10k health on the raid, envenom alone should not be lethal. And there's nothing you can do to prevent envenom, either. The rogue runs around for a set interval of time, drops some poison, and then after his stealth phase is over, he reappears. It is worth noting that he will reappear within X distance of where he cast vanish, meaning you can drag him off to a corner by himself and he'll always reappear a good distance away from anyone.

-Splug

so it is a distance from where he vanished then. i was wondering this, as every time i tanked him he reappeared within about 10 yards of the door (where i tanked him).

thanks!
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Cakes » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:02 am

Inferno255 wrote:In this fight I always end up in the top 3-5 on healing meters when prot, just spamming people with deadly poison or divine wrath=)

Good resto druids will absolutely destroy people on this fight, even CoH priests.
Cakes

Postby Faldoran » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:37 pm

I usually tank Lady Malande. I do take a small amount more dmg then a warrior would but that haven't been a problem so far.
Faldoran

Postby Iliria » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:52 pm

Well my guild was playing around with council last night and we noticed something...odd

I was tanking veras - way way far away from the paladin, and literally for the first 3.5 hours of smashing our faces into the council, he never once got BoP or BoSp. Now come for our final attempt we tried moving him closer to the raid to give the rogues something to do while BoP was up on the priest, and suddenly Veras starts picking up a ton of BoP/BoSp, so I was thinking "hey, maybe that stupid thing has a range on it, maybe we can pull the priest outside that range!" So my question is....has anyone experimented with outranging the BoP/BoSp?
Iliria

Postby Gerilith » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:03 pm

Iliria wrote:Well my guild was playing around with council last night and we noticed something...odd

I was tanking veras - way way far away from the paladin, and literally for the first 3.5 hours of smashing our faces into the council, he never once got BoP or BoSp. Now come for our final attempt we tried moving him closer to the raid to give the rogues something to do while BoP was up on the priest, and suddenly Veras starts picking up a ton of BoP/BoSp, so I was thinking "hey, maybe that stupid thing has a range on it, maybe we can pull the priest outside that range!" So my question is....has anyone experimented with outranging the BoP/BoSp?

That's bad luck and I think it just happens. We actually do tank them on opposite sides of the room and he gets BoPed anyway. I even had BoP->BoSp->BoP without any time between. Once. ;)
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Joanadark » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:13 pm

My personal experience lends it's self to the concept that you can outrange the BoPs.

I've done dozens of clears tanking the rogue where not once have i let him get BoPed or BoSWed.

Or maybe my luck is just amazing.

The trick is to not outrange your healers in the process.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Cakes » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:56 pm

Joanadark wrote:My personal experience lends it's self to the concept that you can outrange the BoPs.

I've done dozens of clears tanking the rogue where not once have i let him get BoPed or BoSWed.

Or maybe my luck is just amazing.

The trick is to not outrange your healers in the process.

That's what Hammer of Justice is for.
Cakes

Postby enbee » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:26 pm

The more bop/bosw you get on the rogue the easier it is for your interupters on the priest, I park myself in mending bounce range of the priest tank, always.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Darus » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:53 am

tank veras with full avoidance gear, having two holy paladins staying close to the center where he pops. So we have a three-stun-rotation going, aswell as popping the pocket watch whenever off cd. It almost neglects the entire dmg income and the holy pallas can focus 90% on raid or patching up the other tanks.

Its the far superior way, but makes the encounter dull =P
Darus

Postby Gerilith » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:56 am

Darus wrote:tank veras with full avoidance gear, having two holy paladins staying close to the center where he pops. So we have a three-stun-rotation going, aswell as popping the pocket watch whenever off cd. It almost neglects the entire dmg income and the holy pallas can focus 90% on raid or patching up the other tanks.

I've got 1 Holy assigned to me and it works just the same. You just do not need a third stun ;)
Gerilith

Postby Darus » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:14 am

Gerilith wrote:
Darus wrote:tank veras with full avoidance gear, having two holy paladins staying close to the center where he pops. So we have a three-stun-rotation going, aswell as popping the pocket watch whenever off cd. It almost neglects the entire dmg income and the holy pallas can focus 90% on raid or patching up the other tanks.

I've got 1 Holy assigned to me and it works just the same. You just do not need a third stun ;)

yeah two is fine, but no harm in another palla positioning there if they can reach their heal targets, and its better.
Darus

Postby artofray » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:47 am

this is a good fight to have a paladin tank in.

all you need is this macro really

/target Veras Darkshadow
/cast [help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget] Righteous Defense

just sit anywhere in the room and click this button 2-3 seconds after it saids his stealth is over, and voila he comes running towards you and you pop a judgement on him build a bit of threat then repeat 10-15 times.

paladins work fine tanking Lady Malande also but better putting a warrior on it for an extra interrupt, and since its so much easier for us to range taunt the rogue and make sure he doesn't get loose.
artofray

Postby Gerilith » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:26 am

artofray wrote:this is a good fight to have a paladin tank in.

all you need is this macro really

/target Veras Darkshadow
/cast [help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget] Righteous Defense

just sit anywhere in the room and click this button 2-3 seconds after it saids his stealth is over, and voila he comes running towards you and you pop a judgement on him build a bit of threat then repeat 10-15 times.

paladins work fine tanking Lady Malande also but better putting a warrior on it for an extra interrupt, and since its so much easier for us to range taunt the rogue and make sure he doesn't get loose.

I throw a shield at his head before he even comes out of stealth. Much more safety since there is no "out of range".
Gerilith

Postby Splug » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:10 pm

Random idle theorycraft for the hour: has anyone tried grounding Gathios' judgements or Melande's divine wrath? I know Judgement of Command can be reflected, but now that I think about it, we've never tried grounding either judgement. Would be nice to shave off that unreflectable DoT from JoBlood.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby fiorina » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:56 pm

Splug wrote: I know Judgement of Command can be reflected
-Splug

Not anymore AFAIK
fiorina
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple