Illidari Council

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Shelendil » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:38 pm

It's far, far less ideal to tank the priest as a paladin.

But why? If the choice is paladin or feral on the priest, neither has an interrupt. The incoming damage from the priest seemed trivial.
Shelendil

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:20 pm

I tanked the priest some days ago... i was like... ok... i just was spamming consecration from range, i was mostly reading forums and sometimes moving if i got a AoE on me.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby sanctifico » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:18 am

Shelendil wrote:But why? If the choice is paladin or feral on the priest, neither has an interrupt. The incoming damage from the priest seemed trivial.

Because a warrior can "interrupt" if theres a blizzard/flamestrike when she has the spell shield. whereas a druid/paladin has to rely on a squishy melee class who will probably die.

Picking up the rogue is easymode,
On the pull

Mage counts down for a Bop, you follow them in and hit Vernas with a JoR.
Hammer of Justice him.
Move away
Avengers Shield (if you have it.)
Judge again /afk.

After each vanish phase, Avengers shield > JoR. while he's fading in (i.e. before he starts moving) > Consecrate and then HoJ if available.

Its this point you call for the MD if he's going to go loose., once he starts moving there's a good chance a healer will bite the dust.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Afraithe » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:24 am

We have our Feral druid run away a bit to charge back in for another stun. Not groundbreaking, but better than what we have.
Afraithe

Postby Emmi » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:37 pm

PsiVen wrote:Err, right, during spell shield he's immune to RD.

This is incorrect. He can be taunted while he has Spell Warding on him.
Emmi

Postby Jensaarai » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:26 pm

Emmi wrote:
PsiVen wrote:Err, right, during spell shield he's immune to RD.

This is incorrect. He can be taunted while he has Spell Warding on him.

I've since found this correct, I just think the problem is the range, or that he doesn't have someone targeted yet...eventually it works, but I have to spam it for awhile until he targets someone I can cast it on.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby sanctifico » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:04 am

dont forget, the player has to be within 30yards, not the mob :p

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Sunstrider » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:10 am

Tanked him for the first time tonight on our second night of attempts. I tanked Priest on the first night, rogue is definitely who I prefer to tank. Not only is priest with her different shields incredibly annoying but we have very good tools at our disposal to work with the rogue.

Basically did what others suggested in terms of a target mod for him, though he came up pretty visibly each time anyhow because of my distance from the rest of the raid. I used my Sun Eater on him as threat was a non issue and I there aren't many other times you can use it anyhow. Used seal of blood throughout due to my weapon choice and that it made whatever shield he would receive moot. The one time he spawned with spell shield on I just hit taunt (this must of been a result of when they changed all taunts to work off hit instead of spell hit, now no misdirects needed) and the melee hits from my my weapon along with Seal of Blood was plenty enough to hold him. Was kind of boring actually, just watched closely for vanish timers, hung out in my little corner and the council was dead before I knew it.
Sunstrider

Postby Jhereg » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:42 pm

I'm actually an alt paly tank, but I always end up doing rogue on council, few tips to make this already easy position even more trivial.

Get a decapitator, as has been mentioned before, it is necessary to prevent a random death now and again.

Something my paly healer and I have been playing with is stun kiting. I fight Veras on the far left side of the room, and stun em about 10 sec out of vanish, then I book it to the other side of the room where they're fighting Gathios. As Veras runs by (if he doesn't vanish outright) my healer stuns em too. Using this method, I am typically only being melee'd for the mentioned 10 seconds. Really frees up alot of healing.

Raid mark Veras, and only Veras. It can be difficult to spot him when you're spinning in circles trying to land the AS.

Judge wisdom and use SoW, then heal during the poison phase. Just don't heal the mage tank, unless you like critting a FoL for 400.

Call out vanishes, this lets your healers know when to brace for even more surprise damage.

Try not to rely on taunt to catch him coming out of vanish, due to the flaky nature of healing agro in that short span of time, he changes targets often while he sprints over to rape your clump of healers. I've noticed that if I attempt to taunt when he changes targets, the taunt is ignored, yet the CD is consumed. This has caused a wipe. He will kill a priest or druid in one combat round.

Good luck, have fun. This is one fight I've found where you can make a real difference as an OT.
Jhereg

Postby Averroes » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:56 am

Just a quick question, is he immune to RD?
Averroes

Postby kartera » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:19 am

Well yesterday i tanked the rogue again and we one shootet ic.Tanking the rogue is the easiest thing in the fight even with spellward on him. Just be sure you cast AS and JoR on him and he will never get away from you. So i tank him ~10-15secs and then he is gone for a while. In this time i prefere to heal a bit. Some 700er heals can make a different if s.o. dies or survives ^^ and it makes the fight not so boring. But always keep an eye on the rogue-spawn area. I always give him a mark. The gay cloth of him and the gay-background colours fit perfectly together. Thats all from my pov...
kartera

Postby Gerilith » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:50 am

Averroes wrote:Just a quick question, is he immune to RD?

nope.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Dianora » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:55 am

We got 3 tries on the Council last night after downing Mother Shahraz for the first time (our first night on her). Naturally, I'm on the rogue. It was only on our third pull that we manage to keep the mage tank alive after the pull.

Onto my issues:

1. I need to simplify my target script to only target Veras and cast Judgement, instead of priming SoR and Judge.

2. Veras barely hit me enough to get me any mana back.

3. I watch a mage getting poisoned in front of me while Veras is vanished, and there's nothing I can do.

4. Watching DeadlyBossMod and counting down when he's going to show up makes grabbing him easy.

5. Surprisingly enough, even with BoSW up, he still came after me after vanish.
Last edited by Dianora on Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Cyberwaste » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:47 am

Dianora wrote:2. Veras barely hit me enough to get me any mana back.

I cheat on this and run into blizzard/flamestrike for a few ticks (on purpose) 8)

Anyhow, 2 weeks ago was my guild's first council kill. We actually ended up one-shotting it on our first night with 9 healers. We then figured 9 healers over-trivialized it and brought 7 to our next kill. Not so easy. We spent like an hour wiping, and then some of our DPS got the idea to wear PVP gear on this fight, and it actually worked out rather well with 7 healers. Getting caught in a flamestrike in PVP gear isn't as painful - you could practically stand in it on purpose. And the enrage timer is so painfully long that it hardly matters - it's not a DPS race whatsoever, it's more about survival.

Also, on the topic of picking up the rogue... we typically have 2 holy pallies on my side of the room, one healing me (and occasionally the priest tank), and the other healing the mage tank. Their jobs are pretty easy, because our mage tank doesn't take too much damage and neither do I, so they're able to keep on the lookout for the rogue whenever he spawns and hit him with a quick HoJ if I don't get to him first. One of the pallies keeps righteous fury up (he's PVP specced, so he has points in imp RF) and salv clicked off for this fight, to eliminate the possibility of heal aggro pulling the rogue to the other side of the room before I've picked him up.
Cyberwaste

Postby Dianora » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:05 am

Cyberwaste wrote:
Dianora wrote:2. Veras barely hit me enough to get me any mana back.

I cheat on this and run into blizzard/flamestrike for a few ticks (on purpose) 8)

Anyhow, 2 weeks ago was my guild's first council kill. We actually ended up one-shotting it on our first night with 9 healers. We then figured 9 healers over-trivialized it and brought 7 to our next kill. Not so easy. We spent like an hour wiping, and then some of our DPS got the idea to wear PVP gear on this fight, and it actually worked out rather well with 7 healers. Getting caught in a flamestrike in PVP gear isn't as painful - you could practically stand in it on purpose. And the enrage timer is so painfully long that it hardly matters - it's not a DPS race whatsoever, it's more about survival.

Also, on the topic of picking up the rogue... we typically have 2 holy pallies on my side of the room, one healing me (and occasionally the priest tank), and the other healing the mage tank. Their jobs are pretty easy, because our mage tank doesn't take too much damage and neither do I, so they're able to keep on the lookout for the rogue whenever he spawns and hit him with a quick HoJ if I don't get to him first. One of the pallies keeps righteous fury up (he's PVP specced, so he has points in imp RF) and salv clicked off for this fight, to eliminate the possibility of heal aggro pulling the rogue to the other side of the room before I've picked him up.

Wait, he can be HoJ? That really can make my job a bit easier.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple