Remove Advertisements

Mother Shahraz

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Gerilith » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:04 am

Afraithe wrote:I hope your not meleeing as offtank, parrygib can nuke your MT.

Judge....wait 15 seconds...autoattack...stop autoattack as soon as renewed...wait 15 seconds...

Or, for the safe side of life (well, it makes the fight boring again, not the exciting "Will I get parried?" ;) ): Seal, judge, escape - 20 Seconds - Seal, judge, escape ....
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Afraithe » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:56 am

Yes, I also judge improved sotc, but never ever attack.
Afraithe

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:11 am

Hum i wonder if spamming consecration while offtanking here would be a reasonable small addition to DPS or just a waste of mana and possible afk time.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mortehl » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:12 am

Or you could just set yourself up with enough expertise and keep attacking. /sigh.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Oramac » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:18 am

Worldie wrote:Hum i wonder if spamming consecration while offtanking here would be a reasonable small addition to DPS or just a waste of mana and possible afk time.

on sunday we got our first mother kill and i spammed consecrate and AS and exorcism to my hearts desire. i took just enough damage from the sabrelash that i never quite ran out of mana, and it added a decent amount of damage.

side note: was our first pull of her ever and we one shot her! woot!

^^ had to sneak that in.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:48 am

Mortehl wrote:Or you could just set yourself up with enough expertise and keep attacking. /sigh.

No, you couldn't. The gear isn't there.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:37 pm

I instead have 2 more question since we killed RoS today so...
1) What are the desiderable HP / Armor / SR for the 2 afktanks?
2) What's the minimum SR that all raid should have? I know capped SR is suggested but not needed since some guilds did with less.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Inferno255 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:02 pm

365 shadowres and high armor. Health doesn't seem to be as important. You can swap in some plate healing pieces and heal in between lashes. Ironshields on all 3 tanks. Judge imp crusader or wisdom aswell.
Inferno255

Postby Cakes » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:00 am

Don't attack her. Go makes sandwiches, come back and hope that the people around you have killed her.
Cakes

Postby enbee » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:41 am

Heal in between lashes and turn your back when you judge wisdom or imp socr, don't go afk you do have some use!
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby fiorina » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:58 am

Worldie wrote:I instead have 2 more question since we killed RoS today so...
1) What are the desiderable HP / Armor / SR for the 2 afktanks?
2) What's the minimum SR that all raid should have? I know capped SR is suggested but not needed since some guilds did with less.

Actually after I compared several WWS I think ideal combination would be the following - about 200SR buffed and full tanking gear, avoidance preferable.

I found more efficient to dodge/parry/block saber lashes than heal through it. Spot heal was necessary on pre-nerf mother, but it's not the case anymore. In tanking gear you also have significantly more HP, easing the heal on you.

So JoW and dodge lashes like there is no tomorrow. Have bubble ready for fatal attraction next to you, damage is still split even when in bubble.

MT should have full tanking gear, no SR, maybe cloak or so, she hits hard.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Gerilith » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:12 am

fiorina wrote:So JoW and dodge lashes like there is no tomorrow. Have bubble ready for fatal attraction next to you, damage is still split even when in bubble.

That's some really nice piece of information 8)
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Afraithe » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:26 am

I use around 160-200 shadow res when AFK-tanking, tbh, I usually don't judge or consecrate or heal, it doesn't matter much, just max dodge gear (cause u can dodge the saberlash) and some shadow res.
Afraithe

Postby Worldie » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:39 pm

Still would like to know the suggested SR for the rest of the raid.

We are low on HoD so skipping the leggings. The whole raid should be somewhere between 300 and 340 SR, with me and the other afktank at 340 SR, 15/16k HP and 17kish armor.

Oh btw another question. Today for some reason i bubbled during the Lynx in ZA, and the Saber Lash was still hitting me (Immune). That means that in theory me and the other OT can get a bubble rotation to reduce incoming damage?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mouse » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:32 pm

i always bubble on lynx, helps healing at least a tad.
Qapla <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 Tank DK

EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple