Remove Advertisements

Illidan tanked by paladin on proudmoore

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Illidan tanked by paladin on proudmoore

Postby sindorei » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:57 am

Lunacy is the first guild killed illidan on proudmoore server and the website also said is tanked by a prot paladin.
here is the link:
http://www.lunacy-guild.net/lunacy/

the paladin:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Teckbot

i am not sure if teckbot is the person who tanked him.
we just need someone to confirm this :p
User avatar
sindorei
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:51 pm

Postby Eliane » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:08 pm

Image
Eliane
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 3:59 am

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:01 pm

If this Paladin tanked him, he has some lack of knowledge.
- Holy Shield sucks for MT purposes as it is now - it is impossible to remain uncrushable reliably with it on boss fights because of the .5-1sec lag-time between it falling off and the cooldown allowing you to put it back on... as opposed to Shield block that has 1sec longer duration than the cooldown.

As far as i know, Illidan cannot crush.

And i've never heard of buff caps, or well, how damn many resto druids they use? If they use 2-3 resto druids, i'm not surprised his healers had hard times keeping him topped up, since they quite fail at main tank healing for spikedamages...

On other hand, he makes a right comment about Tankadins hit points being too low, but luckily this issue is solved in 2.3, and in his current gear he would have 16k+ HP unbuffed...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13152
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Atreidies » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:07 pm

Worldie wrote:If this Paladin tanked him, he has some lack of knowledge.

As far as i know, Illidan cannot crush.


He was talking in general terms and he's absolutely right, although I believe most will agree that it's not on the top of people's list of things that need to be dealt with.

Worldie wrote:And i've never heard of buff caps, or well, how damn many resto druids they use? If they use 2-3 resto druids, i'm not surprised his healers had hard times keeping him topped up, since they quite fail at main tank healing for spikedamages...


There has always been a buff/debuff cap in the game, and there are 'invisible' buffs such as Defensive/Battle/Berserker Stance, etc. that all factor into this and can push off buffs as new ones are applied.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Colorado

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:09 pm

Atreidies wrote:
Worldie wrote:If this Paladin tanked him, he has some lack of knowledge.

As far as i know, Illidan cannot crush.


He was talking in general terms and he's absolutely right, although I believe most will agree that it's not on the top of people's list of things that need to be dealt with.

In this case he's obviously right, and also you are right since this is rarely a issue.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13152
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby sindorei » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:48 pm

Atreidies wrote:
Worldie wrote:If this Paladin tanked him, he has some lack of knowledge.

As far as i know, Illidan cannot crush.


He was talking in general terms and he's absolutely right, although I believe most will agree that it's not on the top of people's list of things that need to be dealt with.

Worldie wrote:And i've never heard of buff caps, or well, how damn many resto druids they use? If they use 2-3 resto druids, i'm not surprised his healers had hard times keeping him topped up, since they quite fail at main tank healing for spikedamages...


There has always been a buff/debuff cap in the game, and there are 'invisible' buffs such as Defensive/Battle/Berserker Stance, etc. that all factor into this and can push off buffs as new ones are applied.


yeah i hate the GCD on holy shield,especially on PTR2.3
User avatar
sindorei
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:51 pm

Postby Warrender » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Worldie wrote:As far as i know, Illidan cannot crush.


No, but he does have the Shear mechanic which Holy Shield will help guard against.
Image
User avatar
Warrender
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:35 am

Postby Lore » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:22 pm

Although it's certainly a great accomplishment, you don't need to post it twice. Please keep it to the first thread: http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=3319
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am


Return to Black Temple

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest