Remove Advertisements

Shade of Akama bug?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Shade of Akama bug?

Postby Touchdown » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:50 am

So, tonight, I was tanking the Defenders in the middle.

After I had built significant amount of threat(read: 50k+) they left running for healers. This happened on multiple mobs, and it caused us to wipe twice to it.

So, is there a bug with Shade of Akama fight and Paladins, or what the hell is going on?
Touchdown

Postby Afraithe » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:23 am

Yes it is buggy, I have the same problem, its extremely weird. I made a video of it here.

http://as.hadesffxi.com/shade_threat.wmv

I also posted this in the official wow raid forums, no blue answer tho, I would suggest you post your own post (DON'T link to my video) there to confirm the bug and maybe get someone to look at it.
Afraithe

Postby Eliane » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:29 am

That happend to us last time too. I tank the rogues on one side and at one time a few defenders came running for me for no reason.
Eliane

Postby Darus » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:29 am

hmm, did akama first time last night. Didnt get that problem, but if its like you say its bounds to happen.. weird.
Darus

Postby Lore » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:49 am

Yeah it's been happening for us the past few weeks, aggro's been really wonky on the adds... I've lost aggro on mine to tanks on the other side of the room AFTER hitting them with AS, somehow.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Neuron » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:47 am

ITS NEFARION PHASE 1 GUYS. I NEED EVERYONE TO GROUP UP IN BETWEEN THE TWO COLUMNS. TANKS AT THE DOORS, I WANT DPS BEHIND THEM, HEALERS IN THE MIDDLE. MAGES USE BLIZZARD. ROGUES PUT ON SOME FR GEAR. ASDF
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Aetherial » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:11 am

One-shotted him last night, I was handling adds on the right side of the room, but no issues with aggro. I did notice that the adds seemed to be spawning faster than usual though, usually I have time to /dance a bit between pulls :)
Aetherial

Postby Cirrn » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:13 am

all the mobs except the defenders work fine, but they just run off every time, even when you hit them to 90% or less using all threat skills avaible they may just run off to a random target, really weird... but a warrior can keep them with just tabbing/thunderclap, which is way less threat usually.
Cirrn

Postby DJSticky » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:37 am

I've found they run off if your are not activaly meleeing them. Or perhaps it was just my imagination =P

Buggy for sure.
DJSticky

Postby Joanadark » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:41 am

ITS NEFARION PHASE 1 GUYS. I NEED EVERYONE TO GROUP UP IN BETWEEN THE TWO COLUMNS. TANKS AT THE DOORS, I WANT DPS BEHIND THEM, HEALERS IN THE MIDDLE. MAGES USE BLIZZARD. ROGUES PUT ON SOME FR GEAR. ASDF

ODD GROUPS LEFT, EVENS RIGHT
SEVEN AND EIGHT ARE WHELP GROUPS

OK, LISTEN UP, I WANT YOU TO DPS VERY VERY SLOWLY
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Oramac » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:46 am

Joanadark wrote:

ODD GROUPS LEFT, EVENS RIGHT
SEVEN AND EIGHT ARE WHELP GROUPS

OK, LISTEN UP, I WANT YOU TO DPS VERY VERY SLOWLY

MORE DOTS!!! MORE DOTS!!!! MORE DOTS!!!

OK!!! STOP DOTS!!!

WHO AGGROD WHELPS?!? MINUS 50 DKP!!!!!
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Joanadark » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:50 am

My ex-guild was playing that over vent yesturday working on Vashj.

Vashj, like Ony, isnt very retard friendly.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Afraithe » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:38 am

Speaking of not retard friendly... I give you Archimonde!

"GET THE ¤&%/"# AWAY FROM THE DOOMFIRES"

"XYZ WHY THE HELL DO YOU ALWAYS DIE FIRST?!?!?"

"I REPEEEEEEEAT!!! GET THE ¤&%/"# AWAY FROM THE DOOMFIRES, FEAR INCOMING!!!"

*half the guild goes flying*

"WTF!!!! SPREAD THE HELL OUT!!!!"

"THANK GOD ONLY A SHAMAN DIED, THAT SHARD IS EASY"

"XYZ WHY THE "&#¤& DID YOU DIE FROM FALLDAMAGE? L2FP!!!"
Afraithe

Postby Mithos » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:35 am

<3 doomfire :E. Haven't been at him yet so can't say, although theres a nice bug with kael such that sometimes when he does arcane disruption, even with the staff buff active, your aggro is set to zero despite not being disoriented, even when you've built threat on telonicus/sanguinar for 2 minutes >_>. There are loads of posts about it on the official forums I hear. We had the trial rogue evasion tank Telonicus for 10%, bet he was shitting bricks lol (first time on kael).
Mithos

Postby Afraithe » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:04 am

On our first Archimonde kill (after 1½ weeks of wipefest), tank got feared around 25% or so, had a rogue evasion tank him for 8-10 secs before tank was back in position, thank god a rogue was on top of threat and was quick enough to eva tank him, cause if anyone dies on Archimonde its probably a wipe, especially that late into the fight.
Afraithe

Next

Return to Black Temple