Remove Advertisements

About Illidan

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Anubisknight » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:52 pm

Joanadark wrote:A) Illidan cannot crush

Dang. One boss fight that would actually REQUIRE a paladin tank and they have to take away CBs. Really makes one think that all the anti-tankadin brigade is right when it says that pallies are not meant to be MTs - disheartening.

Our guild is still a long long long way from Illidan (casual guild, raid just 3 times a week, 3 hrs at a time), but asking nevertheless- is it possible to have two separate tanks? One for the phases where he's not enraged and one for the phase(s?) that he's enraged?
Anubisknight

Postby Dragonzbane » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:00 pm

Anubisknight wrote:Dang. One boss fight that would actually REQUIRE a paladin tank and they have to take away CBs. Really makes one think that all the anti-tankadin brigade is right when it says that pallies are not meant to be MTs - disheartening.

Don't be silly.

Your conspiracy theory would require that the people running Instance/Raid/Quest design to actually have a dislike for Paladins.
Dragonzbane

Postby Shai » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:03 pm

Anubisknight wrote:Our guild is still a long long long way from Illidan (casual guild, raid just 3 times a week, 3 hrs at a time), but asking nevertheless- is it possible to have two separate tanks? One for the phases where he's not enraged and one for the phase(s?) that he's enraged?

I guess it's possible to have one tank for the phase before eles and before Maiev comes, but why would you do that? The enrage is pretty annoying, but unless the traps are at bad positions which will happen it's not that bad. He does hit hard, but if you are geared enough it shouldn't be a problem.
Shai

Postby Anubisknight » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:04 pm

If I believed in the conspiracy theory, I wouldnt have a tankadin main.

Havent you wished that you remain uncrushable for resist fights as easily as warriors can? I just wish the warriors could say the same thing for this boss fight. Thats what I meant by disheartening.
Anubisknight

Postby Lore » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:04 pm

It's worth mentioning that AD works very nicely for FR tanking on Illidan as well, since the incoming hits tend to range from 1-3k depending on resists.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:00 pm

Also funny thing, Flames of Azzinoth are tauntable... so if you are about to die, just hit bubble and righteous defense macro. Here we go, 3 seconds of invulnerability :) (yes, it works)
But you should have balls and a very good connection for such tricks :)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:55 pm

I also came to the startling realization today that they're demons, here I was expecting them to be elementals...

so enjoy your ridiculous amounts of threat.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:57 am

Can you block them?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:48 am

Worldie wrote:Can you block them?

No, it's like on Hydross. You can geat nice ~500TPS on them(a lot of mobility in this fight), I wouldn't call it ridiculous threat, but it's not that bad.

Well, now as totems aren't bugged, it might worth to get WoA, which should help a lot with threat generation in FR gear.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:12 am

500 TPS? I honestly get almost 500 TPS just out of consecration and SoR... >.>

I was pushing somewhere around 900-1000 last night. We've gotta go back today to down him (only had time for 2 attempts last night), I'll pay closer attention.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:48 pm

Lore wrote:500 TPS? I honestly get almost 500 TPS just out of consecration and SoR... >.>

I was pushing somewhere around 900-1000 last night. We've gotta go back today to down him (only had time for 2 attempts last night), I'll pay closer attention.

That could be true assuming beams are on the other side (almost never). With beams chasing you, consecration rarely hits.
1000TPS from SoR, Conc and Exorcism in FR gear... umm, I doubt, but could be. I will try not to forget to fraps it on next kill, so we can compare.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:18 pm

1k TPS in FR gear and without Blocking is quite impressive, what spelldamage did you have?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:20 pm

fiorina wrote:
Lore wrote:500 TPS? I honestly get almost 500 TPS just out of consecration and SoR... >.>

That could be true assuming beams are on the other side (almost never). With beams chasing you, consecration rarely hits.
1000TPS from SoR, Conc and Exorcism in FR gear... umm, I doubt, but could be. I will try not to forget to fraps it on next kill, so we can compare.

I was able to keep it in the consecration almost constantly, even with beams >.>

I have 325 unbuffed spell damage in my FR set, + JotC + wizard oil + imp divine spirit, it came out to ~460 IIRC. I'll have to double check next time we do him.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:44 pm

Lore wrote:Even if Shear can't miss, it really shouldn't be hard for a Paladin tank in a guild that's progressed to Illidan to make up the extra 11-12% avoidance without sacrificing too much. And getting sheared isn't even a wipe, our MT actually got sheared 2 or 3 times on our first kill, and he just popped a trinket while we healed him through it.

If there's any disadvantage a Paladin has in regards to tanking Illidan, it's that we don't have Last Stand and Shield Wall available to tank him through enrages in P6.

WWS pretty much confirms: Shear can't miss.

I'd say 0% miss is a pretty huge chunk of avoidance to make up for. Even with the 2.3 buff I'd have 2k less health than a warrior to be unhittable by it, assuming it obeys the normal dodge/parry/block amounts otherwise.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Lore » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:33 pm

Just make sure a hunter puts up Scorpid Sting. Bam, 5% miss. Unless you're way over the defense cap, that shouldn't be hard at all to make up for.

EDIT: And after paying more close attention to my threat on the flames, I generally sit somewhere between 600 and 800, I kinda forgot I had popped wings when I noticed the 1k number before :P
Lore
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple