Reliquary of Souls

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Mon May 19, 2008 3:47 pm

For what it matters, Essence of Suffering can't crush nor crit.

(it would be a critfeast with 0 defense)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Tue May 20, 2008 12:28 am

he can't crush/crit but if someone manages to be slow and pull moar mobs! then it's going to hurt.
Was a shocker to see from going +13% over uncrush to -40% and realizing he can't be solo tanked in p1. (Only holding him for first bit before enrage, then rogue/other tank, dps druid in feral).

Just wondering, how do you do your rotation in p3? Near the end i couldn't help it to have 40% mana leftover from heals (was using a set with 59% avoidance) and was on GCD all the time while trying to stay ahead of the dps. The scream didn't hurt "that" much as i would have thought, quite often it took only 15-20% off.

pull -> normal rotation, first scream -> wait for HS -> consec -> judge/seal (if possible) -> burn burn scream.

oh err... HoW is OP at 19%... ><
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Tue May 20, 2008 5:37 am

I just smash buttons everytime they are up and i have mana.

I try to priorize judgement and max rank consecration for what it matters.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby loladine » Fri May 30, 2008 6:32 am

During phase 2 buff one of the rogues with BoSacrifice if blizz hadnt put a 30 sec cd on it you coulda buffed lotsa dps with it :p
Its very nice to stop rogues from dieing from op dps
loladine

Postby YoYoMa » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:31 am

We just started this boss and in an effort to try and minimize rotations in p1 I was parsing wws and looking at the incoming damage. One thing that seemed off was the ~1.0 sec swing timer? Seems awfully fast

Code: Select all
01:56'24.542 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'26.667 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'27.714 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'28.667 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'29.714 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'30.714 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'31.698 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'32.683 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'33.745 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'34.823 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'35.636 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'36.776 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'37.636 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'38.730 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'39.730 - Essence swings at tank
01:56'40.745 - Essence swings at tank

It's not a huge issue, we're just rotating "tanks" more than I'd like, so I was just curious if that seemed right?
YoYoMa

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:26 am

looks correct to me

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:00 am

EoS has a very fast attack speed. 1.0 sounds right, and thunderclap will slow it down slightly.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby YoYoMa » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:48 am

Ok cool. Just wanted to make sure we weren't going crazy :)
YoYoMa

Postby Morax » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:48 pm

Hi everybody,

tonight we will visit RoS for the 1st Time and I'm still unsure about our positioning.

Are there parry hasted attacks or is it possible to place the "potential" tanks right behind the actual tank?
I think it should be easier to rotate, because you see that you are the target close to RoS. Otherwise you have to tell a rogue "go for fixate", but if he missed the range it could end worse combined with enrange.

It's hard to imagine how to manage P1. P2 and P3 are other chapters :)
Morax

Postby Lucit » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:58 pm

Morax wrote:Hi everybody,

tonight we will visit RoS for the 1st Time and I'm still unsure about our positioning.

Are there parry hasted attacks or is it possible to place the "potential" tanks right behind the actual tank?
I think it should be easier to rotate, because you see that you are the target close to RoS. Otherwise you have to tell a rogue "go for fixate", but if he missed the range it could end worse combined with enrange.

It's hard to imagine how to manage P1. P2 and P3 are other chapters :)

We just have the next tank stand behind the current tank, and then they inch in/out as appropriate. Works fine, I don't think parry haste is really worth worrying about.
Lucit

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:17 pm

Melee DPS max ranges, current tank takes a couple steps into her face. Enrage tank goes and stands in the middle of the model when it's his turn to hit evasion.

I put on my block set -- high BV, high BR, and tank most of P1, switch off to a rogue for enrage, then either myself or the warrior picks up the next set. At this point it should go into P2, without having to deal with another set of enrages.

We find that having 3 people who need to know what to do is easier than dancing a bunch of people in and out.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:35 am

We just ignore the "parry-haste" stuff and everyone just humps him wherever he can in phase1. The warrior with a pure BV set goes in first and holds him until the first enrage, then the rogue runs into the middle of him and evasion tanks the first enrage, then i go in and hold him until either next enrage or p2.
in phase2/3 however, you should not be letting dps standing in front since it's a one tank fight there and usually one missed spirit lance in p2 means a wipe since the second in threat may not always be able to spell reflect deaden.
Seloei

Postby Saintsabbat » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:51 am

I apologize if this has already been asked but I couldn't see this question elsewhere in the thread.

At the start of P3 would it be a good idea to body pull, then let a warrior taunt (triggering seethe), then use RD, hit "i win button" and do 1 threat cycle, then let DPS go full out after seethe ends?

Thanks x
Proud GM, RL and MT of <Cataclysm> Bronze Dragonflight 5/5 MH, 9/9 BT.
Saintsabbat

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:26 am

You can do it, but you should not need that.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:14 am

Worldie wrote:You can do it, but you should not need that.
This.

Without seethe, just asking for 3~ seconds(the time to turn it and start a real threat cycle), and at 500 spell damage against people that farm bt for a while, I managed to not threat cap the warlocks until the very last 2 or 3 ticks of Aura of Anger.
We don't need seethe.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple