Reliquary of Souls

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Dorvan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:40 pm

Doktah wrote:You cant go wrong with a shadow priest and shammy in your group on this fight. My guild spent 2 raid nights on RoS before it was downed. Bloodboil has so far been the hardest since its mostly a luck fight.

? Aside from getting Fel Rages on mages (which is why we only bring 1-2), BB isn't all that luck-based.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby knaughty » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:24 pm

Dorvan wrote:
Doktah wrote:You cant go wrong with a shadow priest and shammy in your group on this fight. My guild spent 2 raid nights on RoS before it was downed. Bloodboil has so far been the hardest since its mostly a luck fight.

? Aside from getting Fel Rages on mages (which is why we only bring 1-2), BB isn't all that luck-based.

Fel Rage is also very hard (for us) to heal on priests or warlocks.

Or n00bs (rogues who can't find evasion fast enough).

There's a big difference in the ease of a BB fight that goes:

• priest, mage, priest, mage (wipe)

And (we had this two weeks ago, LOLoneshot)

• Prot pally in healing gear
• Rogue who hits Evasion
• Druid who stacks HoTs on himself and goes bear
• DPS warrior who pulls out a shield
• Resto-Shaman with brains.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:05 pm

I still remind our first kill. Mage Mage Paladin Priest Shaman Paladin
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby sanctifico » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:01 am

Our first kill was something like, Me (playing my priest because Sanct had 1300healing at the time), mage, Spriest, mage, Lock - dead.

recently he;s been targeting me in my healing gear a lot, i just spam consecrate and hit him with my seals :p (too much pushback to heal myself)

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Tiandelin » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:44 am

RoS definitely seems "easier" than Gurtogg, even though we killed him first. As long as you have rogues and warriors who can work together on interrupts and enough DPS to get through phase 2, you can win against RoS. Almost every aspect of the fight is controllable, so kills are very, very repeatable once you get it down.

Gurtogg... ugh. Every now and then, he'll pick a paladin, rogue, or mail-wearer, but he seems to be extremely fond of our mages, warlocks, and priests. We didn't even manage to kill him last week since some of our stronger healers were absent and he just kept picking mage after mage after mage.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Deimosfobos » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:57 am

RoS has been kinda hard for us since we first killed it since our warrior seems to have agro problems in phase 3...

This week I was prot since I was tanking 10mans for alts (I'm usually ret), and asked to tank phase 3. It was a perfect kill, I ended up with 50% more agro than the best dpser, even tho everyone saved all their cds for phase 3.

The bad news... now they want me to be prot for RoS. :P
Deimosfobos

Postby Warrender » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:05 am

Deimosfobos wrote:The bad news... now they want me to be prot for RoS. :P

I don't think you will find many here to agree with that being bad news.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:31 am

We spent our first night on RoS Sunday. 50% p3 was our best attempt. We used a warrior tank for P2 with varying levels of success.

The -500 Def debuff, if my math is right, basically equates to -20% avoidance.

In my block set (800 bv, 1k bv with GAB popped), I'm still at 101% avoidance with HS. So RoS hits me for around 90 - 200, with BoSanc up.

So I take initial aggro, let a rogue evasion the enrage, then tank the second set of fixates, at which point it's dead and we go into P2.

The problem we had in P2 was 1) interrupts, and 2) casters gibbing themselves.

Towards the end of the night the interrupters (2 rogues, dps war with a backup enh shaman) started to get their act together, but then our casters started blowing themselves up. One of our warlocks reportedly crit himself for 17k.

This next week we're thinking of having the druid and I two-tank this, and just interrupt deadens as well. The higher threat ceiling would allow our dps to go full bore, and if one or the other of us gets stunned, hopefully the other tank is 2nd on threat and can offtank until the stun wears off.

Should be interesting.

Hooraj for unconventional approaches.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby SmurfZG » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:55 am

Without deaden spell reflected your raid will have to put out some pretty spectacular dps.
SmurfZG

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:36 am

It's pretty impossible to nuke down RoS p2 without deadens, unless your raid is overgeared or 6 healer-1prot-18 dps.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:29 am

Worldie wrote:It's pretty impossible to nuke down RoS p2 without deadens, unless your raid is overgeared or 6 healer-1prot-18 dps.

hmm doing some math -- 5.3m hp in 160 seconds.

18 DPS reqs avg of 1840 DPS per

Most of our DPS is around 1,100 to 1,500, but we're not that geared yet.

So this idea is probably a bust.

Which is unfortunate, because I'm not certain we'll have a prot warrior available for this fight.

Edit: actually looking at our WWS, we did 3M damage to RoSp2. Which, with 17 DPS, requires 1103 DPS per for 160 seconds, which we're more than capable of.

Maybe it's not that farfetched.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Devilheals » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:15 pm

P2 isn't impossible without deaden as long as you have been doing BT for a month or two. When 2.4 came out with the casting bug we killed RoS about 10 seconds after oom and we had only 2 council kills then I think.
Devilheals

Postby Loganb1104 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:38 am

One of your warlocks crit himself for 17k? That must've been a curse of doom crit. Talk about crap luck... having it tick during deaden. Maybe you should tell him to stick to CoShadow, CoElements, CoRecklessness, or CoTongues.

I've found that p2, for us, really comes down to our rogues not being retarded and interrupting deaden on accident (or worse, missing interrupts on spirit shock). Other than that we just burn him as fast as possible.

We rarely, if ever, have problems with casters offing themselves. I think this is due in large part to the fact that we usually run with 3-4 circle of healing priests. On my lock I can just spam shadowbolt and not worry about crits due to the constant stream of healing.

Good luck getting RoS down. As always, if one strategy isn't working, consider tweaking things just a bit.
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104

Postby Lucius » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:22 pm

We just killed this bad boy last week with me tanking phase 3 so I just wanted to share some of my experiences.

Phase 1 initially I was using a block set, which made it very easy to learn. Since I was chosen to do P3 though I went back to my boss tanking gear so we had to partially relearn this, but is still relatively simple.

P2 was our biggest problem. Firstly due to interrupts, secondly due to spell reflects and finally to threat generation. Interrupts was something our rogue class leader had to work on so very little to say here. Although one attempt debuffs pushed CoT off - very bad. I believe the warrior tanking solved the spell reflects by focusing 100% on spellreflects when he gets the 5 second warning - ignoring shield block or any other GCD, which meant he might eat a crush. This might sound like a cause to the third problem of threat generation, but this warrior already does insane threat, some of our dps though *cough* warlocks *cough* can push >2000 tps. Therefore we simply had our survival hunter MD him during the first deaden.

One other issue we had was me using nightfall. Fully debuffed mob + deaden + nightfall = dead warlocks. They 2 shot themselves with back to back crits. Being fire warlocks often they can't interrupt the second spell by the time the first hits. I was politely asked to stop attacking during deaden.

P3 we got it down on the second time there, but still a huge amount of room to improve. First time I was dead in a few seconds because while trying to get burst threat I didn't shield block and ate 2x crush + soul scream. Next time I didn't generate quite as much threat but I got a good head start. After the first soul scream I found I was constantly sitting on 0 mana but had just enough coming in to keep my rotation going 100% of the time.

Warlocks caught me towards the end and melee died early as they were they only group without a druid to tranquility, but overall a clean kill. My main issue is avoiding the warlocks riding my threat on this fight so I went to work on my opening spell rotation to try out this week. During this experimentation I discovered wings don't trigger a GCD, I'm sure a lot of people knew this but was something I had never noticed :oops:
Lucius

Postby knaughty » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:52 pm

Nightfall's being nerfed in 2.4.2 anyway - won't proc on 73s.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple