Remove Advertisements

Reliquary of Souls

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:18 am

My trinkets for RoS are usually Autoblocker (for p1) + Silver Crescent (for p3). Depends on your stats actually if you can afford to use a spelldam trinket or not.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morganim » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:05 am

RoS down
thanks for help guys

onto mother with our extremely short supply of hearts :P
Morganim

Postby Cakes » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:00 am

Morganim wrote:onto mother with our extremely short supply of hearts :P

Ration 7 out to people and don't have them craft the legs. Cloak (with sr chant), belt, bracers, shoes, and neck is plenty.
Cakes

Postby Kailyn » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:36 pm

Just killed it on our 2nd try of p3 and I have to say I was suprised with how often he does his soul scream. Went in, full mana, few seconds later I was at around 0 and hoping for some heals to come fast :P although even being at low mana throughout the fight didn't seem to matter too much, found I was getting just enough mana back from healing to keep up threat. Was worried about the mana issues at first but it didn't affect me too much, specially towards the end when the aura starts stacking up.

Its nice for there to finally be an end game boss that favours paladin tanks by alot, although we've never tried him with a warrior tanking in p3, (I made sure to get the MT position from our first try :P ) so would be nice to compare how much damage a warrior actually takes and how they'd keep up on threat.
<Vision> Quel'thalas
Kailyn

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:54 pm

I've heard from warriors that tank it that it's a royal pain, since you have to both go all out on aggro and also watch your rage to not get a soul scream with more than 20-25 rage. And eventually, not get crushed.

We have it very easier, really.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morganim » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:36 pm

Kailyn wrote:Just killed it on our 2nd try of p3 and I have to say I was suprised with how often he does his soul scream. Went in, full mana, few seconds later I was at around 0 and hoping for some heals to come fast :P although even being at low mana throughout the fight didn't seem to matter too much, found I was getting just enough mana back from healing to keep up threat. Was worried about the mana issues at first but it didn't affect me too much, specially towards the end when the aura starts stacking up.

Its nice for there to finally be an end game boss that favours paladin tanks by alot, although we've never tried him with a warrior tanking in p3, (I made sure to get the MT position from our first try :P ) so would be nice to compare how much damage a warrior actually takes and how they'd keep up on threat.

Sounds exactly like our night last night second time into p3 (we even had 2 dps down) we killed it. mind you there where 3 people standing at the end :P

@ cankle thats what where doing.
Ive worked out with craftables not including legs + green helm i meet cap anyway :P
Morganim

Postby Drfeelgood » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:30 am

This thread is great - my guild is just learning this fight. We had our first attempts tonight and even made a decent attempt at phase 3. We stood around and talked about the fight before our first pull and I had already posted about using me in block gear for phase 1 so we did and it worked pretty well up to the first enrage. Phase 2 we had some issues with rogues learning2kick but I think they'll figure it out. It's phase 3 that I now have a question about. I've combed this thread and other sources that I can find about this boss and I don't have a consensus. I can't find Seethe in our WWS parse from tonights attempts anywhere - I was wondering what causes it to happen. My guildies insisted that it's any time there's an aggro change while this thread seems to suggest it's any time there's a taunt. These are two distinct situations and matter for the pull.

Should I let the warrior pick him up and taunt off (i.e. will this cause Seethe) or should I pick it up and have the warrior taunt off me and then taunt back? Anyone who knows for sure what procs Seethe would be greatly appreciated :)
Drfeelgood - Blood Elf - Sargeras
<The Mighty Oxen>
Drfeelgood

Postby Sanara » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:56 am

We haven't killed RoS yet (3% left), but in p3 a warrior taunts him (this seems to cause seethe) and I taunt back RoS.

In the first trys the warri simply does 1 or two hits at RoS and I taunt off him. In this case i didn't notice any seethe.
Realm: Lothar(EU)
Character: Sanara
Sanara

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:56 am

Seethe is caused by taunts or target switch. Righteous defense is an exception does not trigger Seethe.

You don't need it, just burn wings and a destruction potion and nuke the hell out of him. In all our kills and attempts we never used Seethe, those few seconds used to build a threat lead that you don't need can potentially be the 10 seconds you would have needed to kill him.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Oramac » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:26 am

Worldie wrote:I've heard from warriors that tank it that it's a royal pain, since you have to both go all out on aggro and also watch your rage to not get a soul scream with more than 20-25 rage. And eventually, not get crushed.

We have it very easier, really.

our warrior actually has this deal where he watched RoS's swing timer and stance dances if he has too much rage. kinda a shitty way to do it, but it works. now if only i could get em to let me tank it........
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast

Oramac

Postby Splug » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:08 pm

Drfeelgood wrote:My guildies insisted that it's any time there's an aggro change while this thread seems to suggest it's any time there's a taunt. These are two distinct situations and matter for the pull.

Should I let the warrior pick him up and taunt off (i.e. will this cause Seethe) or should I pick it up and have the warrior taunt off me and then taunt back? Anyone who knows for sure what procs Seethe would be greatly appreciated :)

I've accidentally fatfingered taunt while tanking him, and it causes him to seethe again without a target change. I'm unsure if changing targets also causes him to seethe, but I'm very sure that applying the taunt debuff will cause it.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby strydaris » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:14 am

Whats a good suggested spell dmg count for tanking this boss?

Currently I am at 536 unbuffed with Al'ar trinket.

Also is there any good source of info I can post in my officer chat to help them see the light of a pally tanking ph3? Maybe someone has an WWS parse of a warrior and a pally tank doing the same job that are about equally geared.

One other thing. I know this is a tankadin forum but has anyone seen any parses or anything about a warrior spell reflecting the Soul Scream? I didnt think it was possible but looking at some parses it almost seems like it might be. /shrug
strydaris

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:17 am

Use the icon of silver crescent instead of Al'Ar trinket and you are fine. Ask a holy paladin to judge Crusader on the pull

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby strydaris » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:28 am

We actually use a very well geared and exceptional Ret pally in our raids so the judging of crusader is done by him. Also I dont think I will need the Icon... tbh if I end up tanking him then I am taking the ret pally in my group... no if ands or buts about it.

But as I said... anyone have any recent parses from WWS?
strydaris

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:19 pm

I'll get my one from today in a hour.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple