Remove Advertisements

Reliquary of Souls

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Alorianna » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:42 pm

Of course with a paladin tank, DPS can afford to start way earlier than 10 seconds. =p
Alorianna

Postby enbee » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:06 pm

Splug wrote:Using seethe while raid damage holds for the first 10 seconds of the fight provides the tank with a very nice agro buffer. It also makes for a very nice time to dump misdirects.

-Splug

our dps starts as soon as my AS hits :>
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Inferno255 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:22 pm

I drop a consecration for initial aggro, get HS up, judge imped crusader. Warrior taunts it off causing seethe, I taunt it back and get AW/PI up.
Inferno255

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:57 pm

We just had our first kill on RoS on the second time we got to P3, we even got there in 23. We didn't use Seethe, i just went there, JoB, wings, pewpew...
I used some spelldam/bv heavy set, with like 780 BV and 650ish spelldam, and as trinket i used the badge ones, Autoblocker and Icon of Silver Crescent. The autoblocker was just pure ownage at P1, expecially with redoubt+holy shield procs; that was probably the first time i was happy to have redoubt. The icon toghether with wings and JoC from another paladin allowed me to start the fight with 1600ish TPS, i just waited a couple of seconds and told DPS to go all out already.

I'm pretty sure someone overaggroed me at some point cause for the emotion of the moment i quite screwed my TPS cycle and was basically always without SoR, and unless Omen was bugged i was quite happy that aggro switch was at 130% and not 101%.

Definitively a fight where the massive frontload threat matters.

However, it also confirmed me that is impossible to use war or druid on p2. With non-overgeared raid, we killed p2 10 seconds after the OOM, without missing any Deaden.

WWS here: http://wowwebstats.com/gyxkc4stdyas3
Shadow damage taken:
Avg 2072
Max 2796
Actually the mana-burn related shadow damage was so low that the average-max damage are the ones of direct damage portion :)

WWS is kinda slow today tho...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mithos » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:22 am

Never use seethe when I've tanked him, I spam tab and frizbee him 2 seconds before he even moves, DPS starts when I am in position.

With regards to phase 1, we have a random rotation. What I mean is, all casters/people who can't take enrages stand under him and wait to be fixated, take a step back, and let someone else take over, this repeats until it's an enrage, at which time everyone squishy runs out, and rogues/warriors/bares/melee shammy stays in. Usually it's me and a bare, sometimes a rogue for enrage 1 (then back to random squishy rotation), then on enrage 2 its warriors/rogues. Although tbh the enrage takings are quite random too, as long as everyone actually understands what they're doing it should work fine.
Mithos

Postby Splug » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:42 pm

Hrm, I never thought about using an enhance shaman with Shamanistic Wall to eat an enrage. That may be something to try later...

And yeah, I wouldn't be suprised if paladin tanks can ignore the seethe and just let damage unload early. The question is: are your dps going full throttle the whole time, or do they have to hold back around 95%+ threat? I tank the encounter for my guild, and I'll openly admit that I run into huge agro problems as a warrior here: I've been one of the first people to comment that warrior threat in p3 does not scale well and is non-ideal. If they really are going full burn the whole time, then there's no reason to use the seethe with a paladin tank. If they are having to stop and wait, then it may or may not be worth using seethe - it would depend on how much more damage they'd gain from threat headroom relative to the 10 seconds of damage time lost.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:52 pm

Has anyone verified if Soul Scream has a maximum mana burned?

I've been watching my video of RoS, i take the first scream with full mana bar (7-8kish) since i completely forgot to dump mana with RF, and only 4kish mana is burned for 3kish damage.

I don't *really* want to check if i'm right by taking it with full mana bar next time, but WWS confirms me that i didnt get all the mana burned there. If that was true that would be a additional advantage over warriors, cause even in the worst scenario of full mana bar, we'd still take less damage due to a cap in mana burned.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Iliria » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:35 pm

Soul scream burns at most about 4k mana, so yes, you'll have mana after the first, and possibly second soul scream :)

Our guild has yet to wipe on an actual try at p3 with me tanking

\m/
Iliria

Postby meepsalot » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:15 pm

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the tips, and that this fight is absolutely made for a tankadin on the Essence of Anger. Tonight was only the third time we made it to p3, and on my first chance at tanking him we got the kill.

I started by taunting off the warrior MT, then hitting righteous fury and icon of the silver crescent. With around 600 spell damage, I sustained 2000 TPS over the fight while taking less damage than our MT warrior had taken on previous attempts. At the start, the raid leader couldn't believe I really had 45k threat after only a couple seconds. I don't know of another boss where tankadins have the advantage over warriors and bears on both accounts - less damage taken and more threat.
meepsalot

Postby Morganim » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:54 am

We are about to start work on this fight tommrow seriously (played around with it tonight for 15 mins and got p2) and if its not going well for our MT warrior in p3 im going to be allowed a shot at it 8)

Just wondering do you think its worth letting the warrior hit it then taunting for seethe and getting a big aggro lead, or just ASing it and going balls to walls from the start. As from what i read on the strat guides seethe applies to everyone not just the person who got aggro
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:31 am

You don't need Seethe, just avenger shield, wings, destruction potion, eventually spelldam trinket, and nuke the hell out of him.

Phase 3 is very short, the dps will very hardly get you after such a frontload aggro, and also your TPS increases exponentially (i get to like 3k tps at the last 10%) from the aura.

From what i've heard, the p3 is quite stressful for a warrior, since you have to be going all out on TPS, but also watch your rage to not get horrible damagespikes on screams.

About tanking it, try telling them that the warrior would need to use Seethe time to build the threat lead, while you would allow to fire bloodlusts+cds already after 3 seconds. In that fight, 10 seconds CAN make the difference :) (it's 3 less 2-3k damage ticks of the aura)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morganim » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:21 am

Thanks ill give it a go without seethe using destuction pots.

My one big concern though is i dont have a spell damage trinket atm.
Havent got badge one (i hate heroics lol) and the za has been going to mages/locks first which is fine by me.
and well call me a nub but i did zg for fun LONG ago stupidly mis-clicked the tanking instead of +dmg/healing trinket didnt bother swapping it just vendored it for the cash lol

If i use a sup power flask + food + oil i can probably get aroud 600 +dmg and use imp JoTC
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:29 am

More than enough.

On our first kill, which was actually the 2nd time we got to p3 ever, i actually completely screwed my threat rotation on the first 15 seconds and potentially wasted half of avenging wrath. Meh emotions.

However, i had something like 550 spelldam and no JoCr and worked, althought a mage almost overaggroed me (i didnt rly care, i could have just taunted back and kept up, but he didnt overaggro). On the following kills, i asked a holy paladin to judge crusader for me on the pull, i'd suggest you doing the same. If you build enough threat in the first 20 seconds, chances that dps will overaggro you are very low.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morganim » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:46 pm

Worldie,
Think i should use a scryers blood gem / Xiri's Gift over one of my stam trinkets
Morganim

Postby Cakes » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:50 pm

Morganim wrote:Worldie,
Think i should use a scryers blood gem / Xiri's Gift over one of my stam trinkets

Depends on if you're tanking phase 1. You won't need the threat trinket though, just manage your cooldowns.
Cakes

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple