Reliquary of Souls

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Afraithe » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:18 am

A question, would it be possible to tank P2 ros and just interrupt everything including the deaden? Lets say your DPS got the best gear possible, could they make it in time?
Afraithe

Postby Worldie » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:39 am

It's possible if you outgear the encounter (aka, whole raid in full t6). Definitively not the best option for the learning.

Sure you *can* interrupt everything and nuke it, but the added 100% damage is often the difference between a kill and a wipe.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Afraithe » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:44 am

I think we might be able to do it, we have most of the guild in 3-4 parts T6, and we have 2 rogues with legendarys. We also have had really bad runs where the deaden was kicked lots (most) of the time and we still made it.
Afraithe

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:04 pm

Question about p1:

We are learning this boss right now, we are now costantly getting into p2 but we often have dead people in p1.

We actually are using this "rotation" for p1:
- Hunter
- Bear
- Bear <- Enrage
- Rogue <- Enrage
- Me
- Rogue <- Enrage
- Prot Warrior
- Eventually something that can take some hits
In case of a third enrage the prot warrior takes over and SW+LS, but that happened only when we had 3 dead people from the start (kinda failed on transitions)

Is this a good way to do that, or we are doing something wrong? Cause basically i found that i could not really tank an enrage even if i was at 100% hp and i can't see if it's for my gear (i'm in block value + spelldamage mix, somewhere near 19-20k HP and 800+ BV, + 4 tier 5 bonus, + autoblocker for 260 added block, ending up with potential of 1200-1300 blocks, this supported by 600ish spelldamage).

I was thinking that i did not want too much avoidance for P3 since i anyway need to be hit to get mana back to spam threat cycles, and i want as much spelldamage as possible to pump out some insane TPS. I'm obviously still uncrushable and uncrittable with this setup. Is this kind of high block value + high spelldamage + moderate stamina suitable for both P1 and P3?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:12 pm

if you're in BV gear you can tank the 1st normal string before the 1st enrage, just get a priest to chain pws you and a paladin to bosac you, I've done it on every single one of our kills, even one without bv stacked gear, havent died yet.

Our rotation ;

Me
Rogue(enrage)
Warrior
Rogue(enrage)

He's usually into p2 before the 2nd rogue has a go, but on our first kill we had to have a druid to take over after the 2nd rogue, a rogue can take a full enrage without a hitch, the new tank just has to move in in time so the rogue doesn't get killed, a good tip also is to soulstone your rogues up in case something goes wrong/bad luck on the dodges.

Also your gear seems perfect for both p1 and p3, don't change it.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:24 pm

Ahum i can take a whole string of hits *before* and enrage and end up with still 20-30% HP without big issues. I was not taking the first one cause we abused of druids doing that (we had 2). I took the 2nd string so in case the rogue was getting unlucky i could step in and take a couple of enraged hits and prevent him from dying.

I think next time (which will be with me + our guild MT instead of one of the other warriors) we will go with a similar tactic. Druids with avoidance trinkets (moroes + depleted thingie) seembed to work well for enrages tho.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Oramac » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:47 pm

Worldie wrote:Question about p1:

We are learning this boss right now, we are now costantly getting into p2 but we often have dead people in p1.

We actually are using this "rotation" for p1:
- Hunter
- Bear
- Bear <- Enrage
- Rogue <- Enrage
- Me
- Rogue <- Enrage
- Prot Warrior
- Eventually something that can take some hits
In case of a third enrage the prot warrior takes over and SW+LS, but that happened only when we had 3 dead people from the start (kinda failed on transitions)

Is this a good way to do that, or we are doing something wrong? Cause basically i found that i could not really tank an enrage even if i was at 100% hp and i can't see if it's for my gear (i'm in block value + spelldamage mix, somewhere near 19-20k HP and 800+ BV, + 4 tier 5 bonus, + autoblocker for 260 added block, ending up with potential of 1200-1300 blocks, this supported by 600ish spelldamage).

I was thinking that i did not want too much avoidance for P3 since i anyway need to be hit to get mana back to spam threat cycles, and i want as much spelldamage as possible to pump out some insane TPS. I'm obviously still uncrushable and uncrittable with this setup. Is this kind of high block value + high spelldamage + moderate stamina suitable for both P1 and P3?

we're on exactly the same thing you are. just learning the fight and having the same troubles with P1. i'm usually in my avoidance gear though as i haven't broken it to the guild yet that a pally might be better for P3 (still sorta kinda biased to warriors).
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Cakes » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:05 am

Similar to Enbee, we do

Me
Rogue
Prot Warrior
(Phase 1 is pretty much dead here, sometimes we don't see the second enrage)
Rogue

Sometimes rogues get unluck on enrages, but for the most part, evasion is pretty hax. I'd recommend stacking block value for the first time you do it, and using something like Dabiri's Enigma if you get low on health. My general experience is that avoidance gear more often than not got me killed or low enough that someone else had to step in.
Cakes

Postby Afraithe » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:30 am

Put SS on your Rogues, they might screw up.
Afraithe

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:36 am

Afraithe wrote:Put SS on your Rogues, they might screw up.

Do SS/CR work in P1? I thought that if someone uses it would be resurrected with like 1 HP due to the -100% healing effects

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:59 am

Worldie wrote:
Afraithe wrote:Put SS on your Rogues, they might screw up.

Do SS/CR work in P1? I thought that if someone uses it would be resurrected with like 1 HP due to the -100% healing effects

they can ss up after p1, or during it doesnt matter, just make sure to cleanse them fast if they have 1 hp :p
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Inferno255 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:46 pm

I use 505 BV for p1(and pocketwatch ofc), should get me going till the first enrage. If I'm lucky I can take 5-10-15 more secodns after the first enrage. Ask priests to spam shields on you whenever possible. Not going too high on BV since I actually want to stay alive in phase while tanking.
Inferno255

Postby Suwtoo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:21 am

Does anyone have an update to the Seethe mechanic for 2.3.2? Does it still not trigger on RD and need to have a warrior taunt for you to start it? We are going to start real attempts on Reliquary this week, and I'll be P3 tank, just want to know the exact setup I need for the pickup.
Suwtoo

Postby enbee » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:52 pm

why would you need seethe to be up?
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Splug » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:24 pm

Using seethe while raid damage holds for the first 10 seconds of the fight provides the tank with a very nice agro buffer. It also makes for a very nice time to dump misdirects.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple