Gurtogg bloodboil

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:08 am

I actually choose my Icon of Silver Crescent over the Pocket Watch. It's so useful right after a knockback to catch the other 2 tanks in a decent amount of time.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darus » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:26 am

Worldie wrote:I actually choose my Icon of Silver Crescent over the Pocket Watch. It's so useful right after a knockback to catch the other 2 tanks in a decent amount of time.

hmm yeah that might work,. but it wont save your life =) i prefer just using wiz oil in that case and popping a destro pot if needed. but from my experience i really have to hold back on threat to let the other tanks come and play.
Darus

Postby Inferno255 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:36 am

Oneshot everything this week, 4 wipes on BB... I just don't get it. I don't think I can blame wipes on tank threat but seriously, 300-500 TPS is BADDD. The tanks say its not a matter of tps but adjusting their tps to the other tanks. Can't you kinda adjust it higher for all 3? I keep saying it's because they use 2 druids but they won't believe me. We're actually dpsing just enough to not get behind on the enrage timer. The entire raiddps riding the threatceiling. Putting MD's on lowest tanks. Even using heroism on tanks.... Druids even wearing part dps gear to compensate, yet their tps still doesn't get any higher at all. Am I wrong saying all 3 tanks should be able to get around 700-800 tps even when offtanking?
Inferno255

Postby Elsie » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:44 am

Am I wrong saying all 3 tanks should be able to get around 700-800 tps even when offtanking?

Yes, you are wrong. Joanadark posted on her blog (and this forum, somewhere) a parser for tier 6 level tanks. They were all 650-685 tps for the fight.
Elsie

Postby Inferno255 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:46 am

But that's still alot higher then the 300-600 we're getting...
Inferno255

Postby fiorina » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:03 pm

700 sustained TPS is possible but it's very min-maxed and potted. 500-650 are more "normal" values. 300 is very low

All but shadowpriets or DPS shamans can do complete aggro wipe. Let them use it, they will see a magic.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:52 pm

I need a bit of advice regarding an initial tank order. We're trying to work a paladin into our strategies after clearing BT with two warriors and a druid as tanks, and we want to make life as easy on all four of us as possible with this fight. If one of each class is available, which would you recommend using as a leadoff tank: warrior, paladin, or druid?

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:15 pm

Warrior first.

Druids can get their rage through their own attacks.
Paladins have full mana bar on pull.
Warriors will struggle building aggro if they don't start. After that, dots and such will grant enough rage to keep up with other tanks unless you get some odd transitions.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:22 pm

Aye, that was my initial inclination too, but the paladin's gear is a bit weaker than the druid or myself; to keep his mitigation and health at "safe" levels for t6 content, he's dropping a moderate amount of spellpower. Would you still recommend starting with the warrior?

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:22 pm

The issue is not the abilty of doing tps or not. Actually the fact that paladins start with full mana bar gives us a advantage in building threat while not being first.

I usually go with 600+ spelldam here and also judge Crusader. In the worste situation ever i ask for a innervate, but that never happened.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:47 pm

We've downed him twice, and both times I've gone in first...the warrior catches up eventually, after the druid and I :) but I definitely ended up tanking 90% of the fight ^_^ Void Reaver 2.0...
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:53 am

Tanking 90% of the fight is not necessarily a good thing on BB...

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jensaarai » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:00 am

Don't worry, I lost my debuff stacks, cleared them with Divine Shield, and lost them again with BoP...my tanks just had unlucky disorients this week (my druid kept getting disoriented the second he dropped off me, it was kinda funny)...I'm not trying to tank with 30 acidic wounds ^_-
Jensaarai

Postby Oramac » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:36 am

Jensaarai wrote:Don't worry, I lost my debuff stacks, cleared them with Divine Shield, and lost them again with BoP...my tanks just had unlucky disorients this week (my druid kept getting disoriented the second he dropped off me, it was kinda funny)...I'm not trying to tank with 30 acidic wounds ^_-

this has happened to me accidentally on our last 2 kills. ill have like 8 stacks and do nothing except refresh HS, and still wont lose aggro till about 12-15 stacks. then i take a daze (or w/e it is) and immediatly after its over i get aggro back. last time i got to 28 stacks before i just bubbled and caught back up. lol.

im seriously considering running less SD next time. i usually run about 530 unbuffed then use wep oil and JotC. thinking about just going with JoW or dropping the oil. not sure
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Jensaarai » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:25 am

No, I didn't mean I was tanking with 30 debuffs, I meant I do understand the fight and wasn't trying to solo tank it taking a billion debuffs. It just worked out where I had it most of the fight, and without the debuffs...yeah that's hard to explain :twisted:
Jensaarai

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple