Remove Advertisements

Gurtogg bloodboil

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby enbee » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:09 am

I've only had felrage once ever, and I don't remember what I did differently
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Worldie » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:58 pm

Something odd happened to me today on this fight.

I was currently tanking, and i got fel raged, i went "all out" (including wings) to do more damage. Then after the fel rage went off, he decided to completely ignore me and ran for a DPS, then another, then a tank, then kept running to DPS althought i had got 0 stuns, 0 knockbacks, and was still spamming damage on him to get him back...

Anyone had this odd behaviour already?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:20 pm

Worldie wrote:Something odd happened to me today on this fight.

I was currently tanking, and i got fel raged, i went "all out" (including wings) to do more damage. Then after the fel rage went off, he decided to completely ignore me and ran for a DPS, then another, then a tank, then kept running to DPS althought i had got 0 stuns, 0 knockbacks, and was still spamming damage on him to get him back...

Anyone had this odd behaviour already?

Seems like standard overaggro. DPS monkeys must realize, that 130% threat threshold require being at range(11 yards?) and tank in melee range.

If they crossed range limit or you was for a second out of melee range, this could happen. "Spamming damage" if he is out of consecration and HS can't be used is not that easy.
If you wanna be safe, use 3 tanks and let DPSers be below all 3 tanks.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Soraki » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:08 pm

fel rage phase, threat is ignored...threat only is generated during the normal phase
Soraki

Postby fiorina » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:10 pm

Soraki wrote:fel rage phase, threat is ignored...threat only is generated during the normal phase

so?
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Arthaal » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:43 am

Soraki wrote:fel rage phase, threat is ignored...threat only is generated during the normal phase

That ignore threat ability can be resisted though... so DPSers must beware.
Infusion of Light: Light's Grace v2.0 - but random.
Arthaal

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:55 am

fiorina wrote:
If they crossed range limit or you was for a second out of melee range, this could happen. "Spamming damage" if he is out of consecration and HS can't be used is not that easy.
If you wanna be safe, use 3 tanks and let DPSers be below all 3 tanks.

Well we do use 3 tanks (althought our 3rd tank quite failed on offtanking threat generation, so basically was just me and the MT tanking most of the time). The odd thing is that according to Omen (yes i dont trust addons as well) i was ahead of most of other DPS and same were other 2 tanks. Also instead of having a druid that seembed to be right behind us 2 in threat, he aggroed a mage that was like 5th or 6th, then probably range issues (110% vs 130%) made him run around.

Ah well, addons.

I'm more convinced nowadays that the war-pala-druid is definitively better than 2 warriors here, warriors have a very hard time building aggro while not hit. Having already full mana bar at start is a great advantage.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:44 pm

LOL Fel Rage HP.

Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby fiorina » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Fel Rage LoH is a fking thing :)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:06 pm

Fel Rage LoH CRIT is a fking thing :)

fixt.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:09 pm

Mh from that screen... a LoH crit... would heal for... 150k o_O

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Gerilith » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:09 am

Worldie wrote:Mh from that screen... a LoH crit... would heal for... 77740 o_O

/fixed

:P
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:14 am

You forgot the +100% healing from the Fel Rage ;)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Gerilith » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:37 am

God dammit.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Darus » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:01 am

God i love this fight, this is were you can show off a bit. The danger is knocking threat to high when youve got DS on cd, ive gotten aggroed few times after bop without touching him before the stacks ran out. Anyway this is the fight where you stack dodge and stamina, pocket watch is a must.

with the ability to totally wipe our debuff stacks we have the greatest advantage on this fight.
Darus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple