Gurtogg bloodboil

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Splug » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:35 pm

At any given time, we tend to have one tank active, one tank with 5-10 acidic wounds trying to recover threat from a knockback, and one tank with no debuffs trying to crank threat as quickly as possible. If everyone has less than 10 debuffs and Gurtogg is staying on the tanks, you're in the right ballpark. We usually have the active tank drop autoattack at 2 debuffs and call the next misdirect in at 4. Nine times out of ten, Gurtogg still decides when we're making our next tank rotation, but making sure #2 isn't a dps and that if all else fails you DO eventually get a transition in are both crucial.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:04 pm

Woot down at last, i had to stack up 800 spelldamage with Crusader to pass our warrior MT in aggro (he got some sick aggro building :> )

Was funny, i died at 12% cause got aggro after a Fel Raged died, the warr MT died at 6% cause he had like 21 stacks of the DoT, the druid died right after the boss dead also :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Gavel » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:25 pm

If you're needing to stack that much spell damage, then one of you is doing something very wrong. He's not supposed to go nuts so that you can't catch up. It's not a TPS epeen fight, it's one of control and transitions.
Gavel

Postby Rhî » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:20 am

I'm working with full avoidance gear set (raidbuffed 70% pure avoidance). It reduces the dot stacks, so you can tank him longer. After losing Aggro I'm using my bubble to clean myself, play one minute with forbearance and some minor threat output to conserve mana and when I can activate Avenging Wrath I make a tps bomb to gain aggro back. Works fine.
Rhî

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:23 am

Gavel wrote:If you're needing to stack that much spell damage, then one of you is doing something very wrong. He's not supposed to go nuts so that you can't catch up. It's not a TPS epeen fight, it's one of control and transitions.

We basically abused of BoP to pass threat from tank to tank, seembed to work nice since DPS were going almost all out even during bloodboil phases, and when a tank had too much aggro/stacks and other 2 weren't able to pass him we just BoPed him. That allowed to kill him with still 2 minutes on Enrage timer which seembs ok to me.

Basically in the start of the fight we had no problems in passing aggro, each one was tanking for about 6-7 stacks then the next tank picked aggro. The problem came after like 5 minutes where passing the 110% had became almost impossible even with the current tank not doing anything, at that point we had to enforce tank transitions by using BoP rotations (we had 4 paladins including me).
Due to this approach i wasn't able to use Avenging Wrath because i had to keep myself without Forbearance in case of a needed enforced tank transition due to too many stacks.

I also found that mana wasn't really a issue, with the correct turnover in tanking + DoTs ticking when not tanking i was always full so was able to go allout. Still i could use more avoidance, i have only 20% dodge and 15% parry, the DoT was stacking way too much on me =\

Now we'll have to repeat that this week tho...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:08 pm

If you're going all out on aggro you're seriously doing it the wrong way, that said, gratz on the kill though.

A much safer way to do it is by never going more then 10k (kick redu) over the 2nd tank, this means chilling out on the tps, as long as your dps takes it really easy the first p1 they can go all out for the rest of the fights duration, and you have a dependable tankrotation going.

Though lately we've been slacking on that and killing with 1 tankadin left standing, actually managed to avoid a new stack long enough for my 35sec 21charge stack to run out today thankfully, as a reward for my valiant efforts he decided it was finally time to drop his belt and trinket in the same kill, ninja.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Gerilith » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:07 am

As I have 800-1000 TPS on this fight I strongly depend on using my DS if I get too many stacks. And I only use HS rank 1 if I've got too much aggrolead. And I've got to eat knockbacks :(
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Inferno255 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:40 am

All our tanks usually have crappy TPS in this fight. I haven't tried yet as we usually lack healers for the fight. Our offtanks are in front with the mt, yet their threats like 200-400 tps at times... We had a CoH priest pull aggro couple of times. Any idea what's wrong? Better spreading of debuffs to have some increased rage gen? We downed the boss several times but it's just annoying.
Inferno255

Postby Worldie » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:01 am

200-400 tps is such an epic failure there.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Chorus » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:37 am

Old news I'm sure, but I tend to follow this recipe when he decides to want to be tanked by me.

0 stacks - full out threat gen. Try to get a decent but not impossible to trumph threat lead.

3-5 stacks - Rank 1 Holy Shield.

6-8 stacks - Switch +Spell damage weapon for your mitigation oriented weapon (For me this is Sun Eater with Mongoose).

9+ stacks - Seal of Light. Stop Consecrating.

15+ stacks - Good job dodging his knockbacks and Bewildering strikes this long. Your other tanks are either generating too little threat and/or you generated too much of a lead. Time to bubble.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... w&n=Chorus
Chorus <Dissension>, 80 Paladin of Bleeding Hollow
Chorus

Postby Inferno255 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:46 pm

I'll try tanking this next raid, seems we finally have enough healers around.
Inferno255

Postby Cakes » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:08 am

I got Fel Rage somehow tonight, and it was complete win. 50+k health and he couldn't touch me.
Cakes

Postby Afraithe » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:27 am

Seems to me like druids have the biggest problem in this fight, I have no trouble keeping my TPS up as an offtank (might take a mana potion or two later in the fight, depending on how much/long tanking i get to do). But our druid that has very nice gear have huge problems maintaining threat, dunno if he is rage starved or something. Our Warrior always starts.

I feel we have so many tools to keep control of our threat, when tanking, downrank holy shield and concecrate to allow the other tanks to catch up, when offtanking, I can keep myself with 2-4k of the current tanks threat easily by adjusting the rank of concecrate etc.

I even manage to tank through a phase when the fel raged person died half way through it, poped the dodge trinket and prayed. Usually Warriors pop shield wall when that happens.
Afraithe

Postby Inferno255 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:22 pm

We use 2 ferals, warr mt gets BB mded onto him. Threat is very very low compared to any other fight.
Inferno255

Postby Chorus » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:32 am

As a sidenote to the mention of Feral Tanks: make sure that they enter combat with Bloodboil in their caster form. They can switch to bear while he's in route to whoever received the Misdirect. We've has Feral Druids in bear get picked for Fel Rage and the only logical explanation is that Bloodboil creates his list of "eligibles" the moment combat starts.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... w&n=Chorus
Chorus <Dissension>, 80 Paladin of Bleeding Hollow
Chorus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple