Gurtogg bloodboil

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:08 am

Gurtogg is one of my favorite fights.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Jellypop » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:14 pm

about 8~10 attempts last night on this guy in 2 hours. 1st night

39% on the last try. seems the transition between phases really confused the healers, and FR target kept dying, then promptly killing the tanks.

we probably should have him down soon seeing how there really isn't much more other then the enrage timer.

one thing i do notice though, our two holy pallies are consistantly bottom 2 on the healing done, i know their gimped because they can't CoH / HoT / Chain Heal, but it just seems stupidly low compared to other healers.

he doesn't exactly hit too hard, when he isn't giantantic.

oh and watching feral and warrior get crushed is fun.
Jellypop

Postby QuantumDelta » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:20 pm

What do you have your paladins assigned to?
MT Healing is less damage intensive in non-Felrage phases than raid healing.
For Felrage we have almost every healer (we leave 1 CoH priest + 1 other healer (druid/coh priest if we have a second/resto shaman) on the bloodboils and the rest (5-6) go to the FR target).
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Jellypop » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:00 pm

it's about the same,

not sure what the pallies's assignment is on p1, but as usual, everyone but 2 would be on FR in p2.

random guy would shout for a heal, and people would die. it's entirely possible that the DPSers don't carry health pots, not the judge to say.
the stress and crazy amount of distractions a healer have in this fight is amazingly insane.

it's also insane that the paladin that i convinced to spec for santity aura, was forced to spec back to illumination, even though his performance didn't really change.

person who told the paladin to spec back? the warrior main tank.
Jellypop

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:28 pm

I'm fairly sure that your wipes are caused by healers trying to be heroes, trying to heal something they shouldnt.

That's wrong and should be addressed.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jellypop » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:55 pm

or do we just lack direct healing?

last night was 2 resto druids 2x CoH priest 2x resto shammy 2x holy pallies.

does thunderclap help on FR? guess that would help a little bit.
Jellypop

Postby kalbear » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:11 pm

The big thing is getting the bloodboils right. If you can do that, you can consistently heal them. The second big thing is transitioning tanks when they have too many debuffs. A paladin is great for this, but it takes some practice. It is hard to deal with a tank that has 15+ debuffs while the fel rage is going on. That's already a hard phase: people are taking damage from bloodboil, the tanks are taking damage from acid, and the fel raged guy is taking ridiculous damage.

You've got more than enough healers of all stripes there. That's just about ideal, really. Especially the CoH priests; as long as your groups of 5 are in the same party the CoH priests can basically take care of that entire phase on their own. That makes it a lot easier going forward.

I believe TClap doesn't work with FR but I've not been able to find the reference. Try it and see, I suppose.
kalbear

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:47 pm

TC and demo shout must absolutely be up during fel rage, they do work and it's a HUGE help to the survivabilty of the fel raged person.

We usually have the prot warrior go to the boss during fel rage and keep the debuffs up, and then coming back to tanking spot when theres 5-6 seconds left.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby QuantumDelta » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:25 pm

We don't even organise BB takers.

It's as simple as this:

Melee take #1 during pull (we do a long pull, all the way up the ramp and into the pillar on the wall behind the aoe+2 big mob final trash pack, so he BBs at the start of our fight and yes we waste about 10 seconds of enrage timer big woop).

Everyone else is organised at or around their own max ranges.
When they take a BB debuff, they move in.
When they don't have one, they move back out.
Melee goes all the way out for theirs as a group.

That way you have to be retarded to miss your BB.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:27 pm

cool QD, that's exactly our tactic as well :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby kalbear » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:48 pm

The problem with that strategy for the BB takers is that it really messes up using CoH for healing them. With CoH the healing BB is pretty trivial; the hardest part is then dealing with the organization. But if it works for ya, awesome.
kalbear

Postby Echaa » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:16 am

My guild has thrown 2 nights of attempts at this guy, eventually needing to bring in too many healers and he enraged on us at 14%. I normally notice I'm lucky to survive with any more than 10-12 stacks and I'm seeing people talking about up to 20 stacks and living. Is there a specific gear set you use here or are my healers failing THAT badly? We've noticed several of our healers to be slacking recently but I don't think we've had it that badly. Generally fully raid buffed flasked ect. I run with around 21k hp, 18-19k armor, and 32% dodge on this fight using my avoidance/stam gear with no threat problems.

Our Fel raged person dieing leading to tank death or simply tank death without Fel rage is what normally kills us.

Since I'm not entirely sure if armory is in my sig:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ius&n=Echa
Echaa

Postby Seloei » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:41 am

If 4-5 holy paladins spamming max rank holy light on the fel raged and they are geared to be in atleast bt the fel raged person should not be dieing. This is a healer check fight and if someone thinks they can get away with small heals or not focusing on the FR target IF they are assigned to it's a wipe. Healers slacking are healers who shouldn't be there.

Keep your loh ready incase the healers are about to fail saving a fel enraged person. Threat is not counted during FR phase so you don't lose out on anything.
Seloei

Postby Lakirby » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:01 am

Echaa wrote:My guild has thrown 2 nights of attempts at this guy, eventually needing to bring in too many healers and he enraged on us at 14%. I normally notice I'm lucky to survive with any more than 10-12 stacks and I'm seeing people talking about up to 20 stacks and living. Is there a specific gear set you use here or are my healers failing THAT badly? We've noticed several of our healers to be slacking recently but I don't think we've had it that badly. Generally fully raid buffed flasked ect. I run with around 21k hp, 18-19k armor, and 32% dodge on this fight using my avoidance/stam gear with no threat problems.

Our Fel raged person dieing leading to tank death or simply tank death without Fel rage is what normally kills us.

Your healers are failing tbh - I am on a similar gear level to you and I've survived 22 stacks of acidic wound before, and routinely live through 15-20 if I manage to take that many. I run with a similar gear setup, but I use 2 avoidance trinkets (Scarab of Displacement/Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch).
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Echaa » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:55 pm

Lakirby wrote:
Echaa wrote:My guild has thrown 2 nights of attempts at this guy, eventually needing to bring in too many healers and he enraged on us at 14%. I normally notice I'm lucky to survive with any more than 10-12 stacks and I'm seeing people talking about up to 20 stacks and living. Is there a specific gear set you use here or are my healers failing THAT badly? We've noticed several of our healers to be slacking recently but I don't think we've had it that badly. Generally fully raid buffed flasked ect. I run with around 21k hp, 18-19k armor, and 32% dodge on this fight using my avoidance/stam gear with no threat problems.

Your healers are failing tbh - I am on a similar gear level to you and I've survived 22 stacks of acidic wound before, and routinely live through 15-20 if I manage to take that many. I run with a similar gear setup, but I use 2 avoidance trinkets (Scarab of Displacement/Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch).

What kind of gear are you healers in? I'd like to be able to make a comparison too see just how badly they're failing...
Echaa

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple