Gurtogg bloodboil

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Lieris » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:57 pm

Worldie wrote:Stop building aggro at 6+. Your aim is never getting more than 9-10 stacks.

I will second this.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Enkal » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:02 am

Tried for the first time last night, me and 2 ferals. Was fun to try to match aggro etc but as soon as I got aggro my threat jumped like crazy, had to bubble and let it time out to lose aggro.

Got him to 70% or so but we had only 8 healers and no brain heals. We'll try again tomorrow with 10 healers I think.
Enkal

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:59 am

A good way to deal with it is, when you get aggro, start with JoR and a max rank consecration, then don't use consecration anymore but keep SoR and JoR, after 4 stacks stop JoR, after 6 stack switch to HS rank 1, after 8 stacks stop autoattacking, after 12 stacks bubble :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Stroja » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:55 am

For me, I pretty much do nothing but autoattack once I get aggro - I still usually wind up with 10+ stacks before he switches to another tank.
Stroja

Postby Enkal » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:34 pm

Really fun fight, I like it! :)

29% on our best attempt tonight, will get him next week!
Enkal

Postby Tekkel » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:20 am

Had the pleasure of 1 shotting him on our fresh day with a working threatmeter after a night of wiping due to a broken meter. I died on one of the last fel rages when he gibbed a mage and I took 22k dmg in the same second with a proper ticking debuff but overall very nice. It is really just hope he doesn't crush a clothie twice in a row and u can win it.
Tekkel

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:22 am

More than "doesnt crush" you hope for a "doesn't crit" >.>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Enkal » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:38 am

On that night of wipes and our 29% attempt he went for the same mage every attempt and of course that mage always died. Very frustrating. :(
Enkal

Postby Cimzar » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:56 am

This is probably one of my favorite fights, mostly because I start the fight. The warrior and bear I tank with are very good as well, so it is rarely a difficult fight. This is how we do it, though:

I start the pull with AS. Put ImpJotC up and holy shield, then get a couple of JoRs before I hit escape and stand there taking hits so the other tanks can catch up. I don't autoattack until one of them grabs aggro, and through the end of the first rage I only worry about keeping the JotC up on him. Once the stacks are off of me, I pop my wings and blaze back up to get aggro, rinse repeat.

Two helpful things are to have a couple of hunters to help tanks that can't keep up (happens to any tank that is not taking hits with decent raid dps) and wear max avoidance gear. Every time you dodge an attack, you are getting one less stack, and means you can tank that much longer. The less the tanks have to switch, the better the fight will go. Oh, and BoP does not remove the stacks, but does stop them being re-applied from pulling aggro before they are gone.
<3 Bram
The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!
Cimzar

Postby Viskahn » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:33 pm

i just did bloodboil on my tankadin for the first time tonight and had a slight problem.
im probably stating the obvious with a lot of this, but no matter; we have 3 tanks on bloodboil, and we try to swap tanks at ~7-10 debuffs, which means stopping threat generation at 5 debuff stacks.

the first try, i was scared about being able to keep up with the other tanks on threat, so i used some extra spelldamage gear, but ended up too squishie and died (not that it mattered, since the try was already a wipe)

so basically, the second try went something like this (the tanks being myself, a feral druid and a prot warrior (who is the MT))
Prot warrior starts the fight, and calls to swap tanks after about 15 seconds. The druid gets misdirected and takes aggro, gets knocked back immediately and then the boss is on me.
So i start tanking, get to 4 debuffs and stop doing anything other than keeping holy shield up to stay uncrushable. i get to 11 debuffs and neither of the other tanks has pulled bloodboil off me yet, so i decided to BoP myself to drop aggro for 10 seconds. After the bop wears off however, i still have aggro and bloodboil turns straight back to me, i have forbearance and cant bubble, and i die. fortunately he was at 30% by that point, so the other two tanks could take him for the rest of the fight.

Note that the new omen wasnt working properly, so we couldnt see exactly where each tank was on threat. A problem i know, but should still be doable.

So was i doing something wrong? should i have bubbled to wipe the debuff as well as lose threat? do the other tanks just need to learn2aggro? should i not use holy shield and risk being crushed to death?

this was my first time in black temple on my tankadin (ive been in up to RoS on my rogue) so a lot of it was new to me
Viskahn
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:36 pm

holy shield rank 1 instead of max rank might make things better

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Eneroth » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:08 pm

Thanks for the help guys, today we brought him down with really being our second day of solid attempts with him. I was able to use the info from here to help out the other two days, a prot warrior and a feral druid as well as myself. Thank you again.

PS: He dropped crap, that will get DE'ed after WoWJutsu updates.....
Eneroth

Postby Andover » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:06 am

Viskahn wrote:i just did bloodboil on my tankadin for the first time tonight and had a slight problem.
im probably stating the obvious with a lot of this, but no matter; we have 3 tanks on bloodboil, and we try to swap tanks at ~7-10 debuffs, which means stopping threat generation at 5 debuff stacks.

the first try, i was scared about being able to keep up with the other tanks on threat, so i used some extra spelldamage gear, but ended up too squishie and died (not that it mattered, since the try was already a wipe)

so basically, the second try went something like this (the tanks being myself, a feral druid and a prot warrior (who is the MT))
Prot warrior starts the fight, and calls to swap tanks after about 15 seconds. The druid gets misdirected and takes aggro, gets knocked back immediately and then the boss is on me.
So i start tanking, get to 4 debuffs and stop doing anything other than keeping holy shield up to stay uncrushable. i get to 11 debuffs and neither of the other tanks has pulled bloodboil off me yet, so i decided to BoP myself to drop aggro for 10 seconds. After the bop wears off however, i still have aggro and bloodboil turns straight back to me, i have forbearance and cant bubble, and i die. fortunately he was at 30% by that point, so the other two tanks could take him for the rest of the fight.

Note that the new omen wasnt working properly, so we couldnt see exactly where each tank was on threat. A problem i know, but should still be doable.

So was i doing something wrong? should i have bubbled to wipe the debuff as well as lose threat? do the other tanks just need to learn2aggro? should i not use holy shield and risk being crushed to death?

this was my first time in black temple on my tankadin (ive been in up to RoS on my rogue) so a lot of it was new to me

If you BoP and the other tanks aren't above your threat then you need to move to max range to get to the 130% threat cap. If say you BoP and as it wears off and you're in melee range and 111% over the person tanking he will go right back to you.

Read back a few pages here. Multiple times what people suggest is as you get him, keep Holy Shield Max Rank at the beginning then gradually scale it down. Once you have 4-6 debuffs stop all attacks, use Holy Shield Rank 1, don't consecrate and let the other tanks pull it off you. Only thing you should be doing is taking the hits and don't get crushed.

Once the other tanks have it get right back on their threat tail and wait for the debuffs to wear off. Once that happens away you go. Take back over and show them who's boss. If for some reason you lose a tank or get too many debuffs you can use Divine Shield/drop shield to remove the debuffs and tank him for an entire rotation.

All this has been discussed earlier in this thread.
Andover

Postby Balsimar » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:10 pm

So what exactly is the best method for regaining threat when you're OT?

Everything is fine when I'm MT... Rank 1 HS, no seal, eventually someone overtakes me... but then it seems when I lose aggro, I immediately drop to the bottom of the threat list and get yelled at for not doing my job.

I'm using SoR/JoR, consecration, AS, Wings... everything I have, and it just seems like I can't overtake the DPS.

I'm considering bringing destruction pots next time. What amount of Spell damage do the rest of you bring to this fight?
Balsimar

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:12 pm

500 buffed i've usually got there.

Just usual rotation without holy shield. Stay in front of him in case you need mana

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple