Gurtogg bloodboil

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Jonlo » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:16 pm

Could set up Grid to show the non dispellable buffs for the fight
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Bryne » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:12 am

strydaris wrote:If you are playing catch up.... bring distruction pots and have hunter MD as well as use Avenging Wrath is nessessary and its not effected by forbarence

Avenging Wrath is definitely unusable while you have Forbearance.
Bryne

Postby Fangwui » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:31 pm

how many healers would you guys actually suggest bringing to learn the fight? we brought 8 on our first attempt, and it was pretty difficult to heal through the bloodboil debuffs.
Fangwui

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:54 pm

8 or even 9 is the way to go.

CoH priests and Shamans are the win
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Syrcla » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:15 am

This fight is driving me crazy. It's about impossible to control tank rotations with no reliable threat meter. The whole raid has the same version and it only seems to work for half the raid each attempt. On some attempts, it showed me and the other OT warrior doing <20 tps.

Hard to see where problems are with the raid if the tanks can't control the boss. :(
Syrcla

Postby Gerilith » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:43 am

Syrcla wrote:This fight is driving me crazy. It's about impossible to control tank rotations with no reliable threat meter. The whole raid has the same version and it only seems to work for half the raid each attempt. On some attempts, it showed me and the other OT warrior doing <20 tps.

Hard to see where problems are with the raid if the tanks can't control the boss. :(

DPS = Fel Rage. That's all the DDs have to know

Stack 8 = slow, Stack 12 = Attack off. That's all the tanks have to know.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby kartera » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:51 am

Good morning to you all.
I have a problem regarding Bloodboil.
Yesterday we wiped 3 times on him. Normally he is a clear one shot, but yesterday ... it was horribel. As always thread was no problem and the OT made a great job in second aggro. When i was at ~5 stacks i stopped attacking and just HS'ed. The tank switch worked wonderfull. I went out of arcing smash range and let the stacks run out and then i started again with aggro. but then BAM a holy priest, yes a healer got aggro. He was not even nearly to our aggro. not even close. anyone any clue? For me its a miracle...

Second problem. 3. Try i had 10stacks and there was a tank switch. So far no Problem. went out of sight. Healed my self a bit. Let the stacks run out went in again. Bam aggro. Ok i thoughed .. no stacks at all. Stacks went up to 5 again, easy healable. Then he gave me Arcing Smash dot tick and a really unusual high mainhand hit. 7,5k blocked !!! I never have seen this. Is this well just unlucky? Need to mention i was not at full HP and was oneshotet .. nearly. Not even time to bubble.
Has anyone any clue?

thank you for your time

PS: sry for my bad english. I'm from germany.
kartera

Postby Base » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:53 am

We had a couple of tries on him the other night (at the end of a MH run) and had some funny things going on with threat - warlocks overagroing with almost no threat, BB bouncing about 1 shotting healers and things.

Think he might be a bit borked atm.
Base

Postby kartera » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:44 am

Good to hear we are not the only one ^^.
Last week we one shooted him with normal lineup. 2Warris and one Druide as tanks and no aggro probs. Maybe something with the tankadin aggro mechanic? Or he is just another buggy Boss with his days...
I hate him anyway ^^
kartera

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:14 am

the boss is not buggy, omen is.

Paladin threat is quite fine on him.

Even if i must say that i like our new approach to him quite a lot. It's like "tanks spam aggro even if u have aggro", the first who dies wins a cookie :>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Enkal » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:32 am

Going for Bloodboil the first time tomorrow. Raid leader set a troll warrior in mostly Tier 4 level of gear as MT (the same one that got crushed repeatedly by Teron)... any idea if the guy can take the damage?
Enkal

Postby Lieris » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:26 am

Enkal wrote:Going for Bloodboil the first time tomorrow. Raid leader set a troll warrior in mostly Tier 4 level of gear as MT (the same one that got crushed repeatedly by Teron)... any idea if the guy can take the damage?

Bloodboil will drink his blood! Eat his flesh!

Plate tanks really can't afford to eat crushes here and having high avoidance to not build up 10 stacks in 10 seconds or whatever is handy. More than anything though it's a tank skill and discipline check. If he can't keep up shield block there's not much hope.

Remember though there are 3 MTs here working together, it's just best to have the warrior start off as their OT threat is ass. If you're assigning one person as MT your raid has the wrong mindset for this fight.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Enkal » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:41 am

Well my raid leader/GM still think about fights in MT/OT terms. It seems the big problem with the warrior we're bringing is that his threat is shit. That will cap DPS so bad... oh and our 2nd tankadin is a sub even tho he has like half T6 level of gear now (the lucky bastard got 3 tank items this week)...

If this goes on I'm seriously considering moving to another guild.
Enkal

Postby Eneroth » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:38 pm

Okay so we started this guy today, and we got him down to around 60%. I just want to make sure that from what I read, we want to try and loose agro around 10 debuffs? I have read some different numbers, and want to make sure I see the right one.
Eneroth

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:02 pm

Stop building aggro at 6+. Your aim is never getting more than 9-10 stacks.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple