Remove Advertisements

Gurtogg bloodboil

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Bryne » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:56 pm

I'm not the one who got crushed by Bloodboil.

Also, I have no idea if that's the setup you were wearing at the time, or if you accidentally swapped in some incorrect gear or had something break, which is almost certainly what happened.
Bryne

Postby fiorina » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:58 pm

That attack could be from behind/side
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Drak » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:53 am

Downed him yesterday, definately interesting for tanks. My guild actually wanted me to heal at first because healers kept running oom or something (we had 9 healers in raid btw), but I said I would just drop group if I didn't get to tank so they let me and we ended up killing him because of me.

He got to 5-10% and killed our warrior tank and our druid just got done tanking him and had about 15 stacks already at nearly full duration so I picked him up, tanked him until his next fel rage, cleared my stacks via bubble and then tanked him until he died.

Let's just say they were glad I refused to heal for this fight. :p
Drak

Postby Questioner » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:13 am

Fiorina, I suppose that could be an explanation, it was right at the phase switch. Thanks.

On another note, after discussion with our warrior tank about thunderclap indeed being good on a boss that hits really fast (/facepalm), he died last night on a fairly perfect kill.

What is up with him only choosing clothies some nights? We only had 8 in the raid and 90%+ of the fel rages were clothies. Ugh...Not really a fan of this boss, though I do enjoy the tanking methods on it.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Morganim » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:31 am

Questioner wrote:Fiorina, I suppose that could be an explanation, it was right at the phase switch. Thanks.

On another note, after discussion with our warrior tank about thunderclap indeed being good on a boss that hits really fast (/facepalm), he died last night on a fairly perfect kill.

What is up with him only choosing clothies some nights? We only had 8 in the raid and 90%+ of the fel rages were clothies. Ugh...Not really a fan of this boss, though I do enjoy the tanking methods on it.

just wait for the fantastic nights he does several rogues.
One night it only went on rogues, was easiest BB kill ive ever seen + the rogues had some decent damage going for themselves :P
Morganim

Postby Splug » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:47 am

Questioner wrote:What is up with him only choosing clothies some nights? We only had 8 in the raid and 90%+ of the fel rages were clothies. Ugh...Not really a fan of this boss, though I do enjoy the tanking methods on it.

For what it's worth, Gurtogg will not select warriors for Fel Rage (evidently, we have enough rage of our own!). So if you have, say, a prot warrior and two fury warriors in your raid, you've effectively cut your legal targets down to 21. Rumor has it he won't select druids either if they start the fight in bearform (he flags them as having rage). Though I've definitely seen him go after our feral tank at least twice, I have no idea what form he starts the fight in. It still feels like the odds are stacked against mages for some reason, though...

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:15 am

That's incorrect, i've saw our bear getting fel rage once.

I have to agree i don't recall any warrior ever getting fel raged, while i did get it once.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jensaarai » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:16 am

Splug wrote:
Questioner wrote:What is up with him only choosing clothies some nights? We only had 8 in the raid and 90%+ of the fel rages were clothies. Ugh...Not really a fan of this boss, though I do enjoy the tanking methods on it.

For what it's worth, Gurtogg will not select warriors for Fel Rage (evidently, we have enough rage of our own!). So if you have, say, a prot warrior and two fury warriors in your raid, you've effectively cut your legal targets down to 21. Rumor has it he won't select druids either if they start the fight in bearform (he flags them as having rage). Though I've definitely seen him go after our feral tank at least twice, I have no idea what form he starts the fight in. It still feels like the odds are stacked against mages for some reason, though...

-Splug

And I believe this is because of a bug in their code. I've gotten Fel Rage once, and only once, but as soon as I did, I lost it, and Gurtogg proceeded to go about destroying our raid.

I was tanking him before the Fel Rage, and had acidic wound debuffs...as this is the only thing different from the rest of the raid, I believe this is what causes him to bug out, and why they don't have him pick members with rage bars (dumb, but a quick fix maybe...although not one for guilds with a paladin tank >.<)

I have a screenshot of it, I'll post it later.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:20 am

That's some dull bug, since it happened exactly same thing to me, when fel rage finished, he definitively ignored me, even if i was actually tanking him before getting the rage. I wasn't able to get aggro back no matter what i did.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Jensaarai wrote:I was tanking him before the Fel Rage, and had acidic wound debuffs...as this is the only thing different from the rest of the raid, I believe this is what causes him to bug out, and why they don't have him pick members with rage bars (dumb, but a quick fix maybe...although not one for guilds with a paladin tank >.<)

I have a screenshot of it, I'll post it later.

The bug that causes players to immediately lose Fel Rage after they get it is not exclusive to tanks. We've seen this happen to a couple shaman and I think a hunter. My understanding is that the bug is similar to that of picking up the berserking buff in BG's: if you grow into terrain such as a wall or a torch, the buff causing you to grow is removed. When you had Fel Rage bug out on you, were you close to a wall, torch, or other terrain?

However, we did notice that Fel Rage seems to reset your threat (as I'd mentioned, he clipped our druid with it once. After it faded, the feral druid which had been #2 on threat was the last person to die in the wipe that resulted from his secondary threat going MIA). That bug... definitely needs work.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Tekkel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:36 pm

Had some tries at it tonight. Starting first didn't really seem to work. Had to stop right after the initial rotation with building threat or I would not loose it in p1. Swapped to the feral druid first which went a bit better but swapping between a feral,prot war and prot pally takes some time to work out. Not getting debuffs in p1 seems to lead to rage/mana starvation though.

We never got to a stable second p1 though even though tanks lived through they always died at that point. Being it too much debuffs and swapping not working or loads of people dead.
Tekkel

Postby Worldie » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:21 pm

Rage/mana starvation -> get a cleave or two

Let the prot warrior start.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:51 pm

I've never been a fan of moving to the front to eat arcing smash just to build rage (as a warrior). You do gain a little more out of the splash damage, but adding parries to your attack table means you end up losing rage there. Essentially, you create needless healing (through a mortal strike style debuff) on a fight that already has a lot of splash damage. Instead, we use the random-target acid breaths as a tank rage feed.

Code: Select all

MeleeDPS
                               vv
Bloodboil   Raid          OT>  Gurtogg> <MT
gutter      bulk          OT>

If he targets a ranged or healer for acid breath, he won't reach them, but he will breathe on your OT's. If he targets a melee, they need to quickly rotate 90 degrees to stand on the OT's. End result is a nice healthy rage feed from the DoT damage, without the parries or MS debuff. Though, lately we have been a bit lazy about rotating the melee, and it's made life more difficult...

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby strydaris » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:54 pm

Tekkel wrote:Had some tries at it tonight. Starting first didn't really seem to work. Had to stop right after the initial rotation with building threat or I would not loose it in p1.

I use to have this trouble. Considering the BB is a dual wielding boss and hits fast and can crush you to death you always need to have HS up. Top rank HS is not needed though. I usually down rank my HS to allow the other tanks time to play catch up. Also play with your gear some. I usually do this fight with about 25-27% dodge 18-20% parry and 24-26% block. The more dodge you have the better though. If you dodge his attacks then you obivously get no debuffs. No debuffs means you can tank longer without using your bubble.

So ya recap here. If you are having trouble with your other tanks catching up down rank your HS to rank 1 or 2. Judge Light instead of crusader if you need to drop more threat. Have a hunter ready on an MD to the next tank in line if you need to not tank for a bit.

If you are playing catch up.... bring distruction pots and have hunter MD as well as use Avenging Wrath is nessessary and its not effected by forbarence
strydaris

Postby Dorvan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:26 am

Quick question: does anyone know of a mod that would easily display a small window showing how many acidic wound debuffs each tank has, as well as the time left on the debuff? Just got our first kill last night, and having the tanks communicate with each other about their debuff status made transitions go a lot smoother, it'd be nice for both healers and tanks to have a small mod with this status.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple