Remove Advertisements

Illidan Stormrage

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:02 am

theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ithus » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:21 am

just a preference question here but do you guys favour 2 avoidance trinkets on illidan? like for example moroes lucky pocket watch and shadowmoon insignia? or some other variable like the new (and pretty awesome) empyrean tortoise or still do you go for a DMC:V/Commendation and avoidance trinket?
Ithus

Postby Gerilith » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 am

Ithus wrote:just a preference question here but do you guys favour 2 avoidance trinkets on illidan? like for example moroes lucky pocket watch and shadowmoon insignia? or some other variable like the new (and pretty awesome) empyrean tortoise or still do you go for a DMC:V/Commendation and avoidance trinket?

Commendation + Pocket Watch = Win imho.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Stroja » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Ithus wrote:just a preference question here but do you guys favour 2 avoidance trinkets on illidan? like for example moroes lucky pocket watch and shadowmoon insignia? or some other variable like the new (and pretty awesome) empyrean tortoise or still do you go for a DMC:V/Commendation and avoidance trinket?

I keep my DMC:V and Commendation trinkets on, but change out my cloak, boots, ring, and libram. I end up with better stats overall that way - but considering the balance of stats needed to combat Shear mechanics, what is best for you depends greatly on what situationally useful gear you have in your bags.
Stroja

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:01 pm

I used 2x avoidance on our very first attempts, avoidance+stam after our first kill.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:31 pm

Tanked him :D

I think ill stick to using 2 x avoidance , I belive better then a stam one + avoidance
Io.Draco

Postby Gerilith » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:37 pm

There's nothing over Commedation + Pocket Watch for this fight imho.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Ithus » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:42 pm

One more quick question as i get ready to tank illidan (can't wait personally even though its been done a zillion times by other people on other realms alliance bladefist still lacks illidan down :p)
But my question was one of rings, i have the age old ring of sundered souls which i don't think i've taken off since i got it, the TK trash ring and im (almost) exalted with SotS.
I'm still a few weeks away from attempts on illidan i think - we have to get past Council and i fear that we got past ROS this week as luck will still take some time to reliably get past that boss, but http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34888 was released with 2.4

Knowing which i have access to when i get to illlidan i was leaning towards a ring of sundered souls and the new badge ring.
Anyone have any other suggestions which they'd like to put forward?

Ps, i'm kind of an experienced tank but i still like to have other peoples opinions before i run head first at something which i might be making mistakes at :p
Ithus

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:47 pm

As long as you don't lose the Unshearabilty, the new ring is WAY better than the sundered souls

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ithus » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:02 pm

I was considering using both the sundered souls ring and the new badge ring as i'm still running around with crafted boots as the tide stompers remain a myth and they have mitigation in shield block but would like more avoidance
Ithus

Postby knaughty » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:13 pm

Stroja wrote:Thanks to the info in this thread, we downed Illidan last night 8)

Healing me through the enrages wasn't a problem with ironshields, and we didn't have an optimal raid setup.

Your news and Armory profile gives me great relief. We had our first kill on Sunday, our 4-piece T-6 Warrior MT quit Tuesday, I'm the next best geared person with a shield (1 piece T-6).

I've checked your Armory, your gear matches mine, almost piece for piece. Which trinkets / rings did you select for Illidan?

Trinkets I was thinking DMC:V + Moroes

Rings I was going to use Eternal Defender & then a toss-up between Ring of the Stalwart Protector (2.4 badge ring) or Band of the Abyssal Lord from Supremus.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Stroja » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:19 am

Knaughty wrote:I've checked your Armory, your gear matches mine, almost piece for piece. Which trinkets / rings did you select for Illidan?

Our first kill, I used these items:
Slikk's Cloak of Placation for extra armor.
Signet of the Last Defender and Band of Eternity
Scarab of Displacement and Darkmoon Card: Vengeance
And ofc, Libram of Repentance

I had no T6 at the time - just T5 shoulders, off-set, and badge gear. Since then, I've added T6 legs and use these items:

Slikk's Cloak of Placation for extra armor.
Signet of the Last Defender and Band of the Eternal Defender
Boots of the Protector
Darkmoon Card: Vengeance
Commendation of Kael'Thas
And ofc, Libram of Repentance

My stats feel more solid with the second setup, and my threat is higher (T6 legs, duh). I was popping my trinket for enrages, but Ironshields are imba to the point that it isn't necessary.

I haven't tried a setup using the new badge ring yet - I'll be playing with those stats later this week when I respec back to 5/5 Anticipation.
Stroja

Postby Lrdsoth » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:54 pm

Guys sense this topic is up I was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit. I have been MT'ing a lot and am not new to this, but I have gotten a bit of new gear and am having a lot of trouble for some reason figureing out what to wear for Illidan. I think my brain is shutting down! Maintaining uncrushable with max HP and avoidance and unshearable.

Her is my profile,
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Lrdsoth

Now I have these itmes as well:
Inscribed Legplates of the Aldor
Libram of Repentence
Pauldrons of Stone Resolve
Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury
Band of the Eternal Defender
Band of the Abyssal Lord
Figurine - Living Ruby Serpent
Spyglass of the Hidden Fleet
plus other lower lever things....

Now when I picked this stuff up it was all upgrades and I have used all of it from time to time. I just got the T6 shoulders and it has thrown a wrench into the works. I also am sitting on about 200 badges.

What should I do? I have been wracking my brain on it for a few days now.

I hate asking for this kind of help, makes me look like a noob, but I really do need help with this one.
Lrdsoth

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:16 pm

Just use the set you'd use to tank any other boss that hits relatively hard, then eventually trade off some items until you get the famous 101.8%.

That's all, really. Don't care too much for threat, Illidan is _not_ a DPS race, it won't hurt your DPS to slow down a little.
The libram of Repentance is basically a must have anyway since it's 5.33% free points toward unshearable.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:49 pm

Gerilith wrote:There's nothing over Commedation + Pocket Watch for this fight imho.

Hmm after talking with some of my healers I decided to use shadowmoon insignia and commedation , I trust their judgment well enough heh
Io.Draco

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple