Illidan Stormrage

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:57 am

If you want to feel less squishy, use ironshields for the whole fight. As long as you can afford them ofc.

I used to use them always, on our latest kills i've started to use them only on the "pull", and on enrages since my armor went up a bit since our first kills.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Stroja » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:01 am

Thanks to the info in this thread, we downed Illidan last night 8)

Healing me through the enrages wasn't a problem with ironshields, and we didn't have an optimal raid setup.
Stroja

Postby Relel » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:55 am

We killed Illidan and been using a tankadin since pull #1 on him

Both warriors or feral druids were tanking the flames.

I don't think we'll ever use a warriror tank on him unless our pally takes a break.

Oh also, pally got the shield on first kill

And he was still wearing a bit of T4, I think he only replaced the maiden gloves and t4 legs with T6 the week right before the kill for 2pcs bonus and he still has T4 head! Needless to say he wasn't outgearing it at all!
Relel

Postby baneoftruth » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:03 pm

I have a serious shear-avoidance question here...it is my understanding that shear cannot miss, which would remove my miss from defense off of the table. In a classic sense, this would mean that I would have to verify my miss % (let's say for argument's sake that it's 10%) and add it to the standard 102.4% "uncrushable" calculation. So instead of needing 102.4%, I would need 112.4%. However, Illidan dual-wields, and I do recall that this should increase his miss %, thus dropping the effective avoidance that's really needed, right?

Long story short, what's the magic number for avoiding shears?
baneoftruth

Postby Hollyhell » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:27 pm

baneoftruth wrote:I have a serious shear-avoidance question here...it is my understanding that shear cannot miss, which would remove my miss from defense off of the table. In a classic sense, this would mean that I would have to verify my miss % (let's say for argument's sake that it's 10%) and add it to the standard 102.4% "uncrushable" calculation. So instead of needing 102.4%, I would need 112.4%. However, Illidan dual-wields, and I do recall that this should increase his miss %, thus dropping the effective avoidance that's really needed, right?

You cannot avoid (dodge/parry) a shear. You can only block it.
Hollyhell

Postby Gerilith » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:32 pm

Hollyhell wrote:
baneoftruth wrote:I have a serious shear-avoidance question here...it is my understanding that shear cannot miss, which would remove my miss from defense off of the table. In a classic sense, this would mean that I would have to verify my miss % (let's say for argument's sake that it's 10%) and add it to the standard 102.4% "uncrushable" calculation. So instead of needing 102.4%, I would need 112.4%. However, Illidan dual-wields, and I do recall that this should increase his miss %, thus dropping the effective avoidance that's really needed, right?

You cannot avoid (dodge/parry) a shear. You can only block it.

That's bullshit. I avoided several Shears by myself.

101.8% dodge + parry + block since Shear cannot miss.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby baneoftruth » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:34 pm

Hollyhell wrote:You cannot avoid (dodge/parry) a shear. You can only block it.

Shears can be dodged/parried/blocked/full-hit. They cannot miss...

That's bullshit. I avoided several Shears by myself.

101.8% dodge + parry + block since Shear cannot miss.

So you're .6 below the standard 102.4% mark...I guess Illidan dual-wielding makes up for that?
baneoftruth

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:46 pm

The missing 0.6 is due to the missing "miss" from teh calculation.

Shear requires parry+dodge+block = 101.8%
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby baneoftruth » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:49 pm

Worldie wrote:The missing 0.6 is due to the missing "miss" from teh calculation.

Shear requires parry+dodge+block = 101.8%

Well dammit...if I add up the numbers from my character sheet, I only hit 97.99 (with holy shield). I can always re-equip the Libram of Repentance to get another 5%...I was just hoping to not have to remove my SoR/JoR libram so I could push the threat ceiling even higher :-(
baneoftruth

Postby Gerilith » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:53 pm

Since he is both a fasthitter and a demon, threat will not be one of your problems. I personnaly stick to Libram of Repetance + maximization of avoidance and EH.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby baneoftruth » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:56 pm

Gerilith wrote:Since he is both a fasthitter and a demon, threat will not be one of your problems. I personnaly stick to Libram of Repetance + maximization of avoidance and EH.

Fair enough. Thanks!
baneoftruth

Postby Stroja » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:52 pm

You most certainly can dodge/parry shear.

WWS wrote:03:39'54.671 Illidan Stormrage's Shear dodged by Stroja
Stroja

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:59 pm

No need for WWS tbh, new SCT (finally) shows you also what you have dodged-parried.

I feel quite better now that it shows Block(Shear) or Parry(Shear) or Dodge(Shear) instead of just Block, Parry or Dodge.
I was having a hearthbreak everytime shear landed cause i didn't know if i avoided it or not.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Hollyhell » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:01 am

Stroja wrote:

You most certainly can dodge/parry shear.

WWS wrote:03:39'54.671 Illidan Stormrage's Shear dodged by Stroja

I totally didn't remember this. Now it reallllllly makes me wonder why I took 2 shears on my first tankings of him when I *swear* that HS was up.
Hollyhell

Postby Vandril » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:36 am

Shear can not miss, so you must have 101,6% (not sure about the exact number) combined Parry / Dodge / Block
Vandril
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple