Remove Advertisements

Illidan Stormrage

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Illidan Stormrage

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:18 am

Taken from bosskillers :

Your main tank should have a Shield Block effectiveness of 100%
Shear - Reduces the health of his current main aggro target by 60%. Use Shield Block to stop it.

2 of which will need capped fire resistance of 365.

Flames of Azzinoth

Melee hit - hits for around 2 - 3k on 385 fire resistance (their melee attacks count as fire damage, though they can still land crushing and critical blows). A normal hit lands for around 10k damage without any fire resistance.

Now might I ask what blizzard is thinking? we can't illidan since shear will kill us , we MIGHT be able to tank the adds , but getting crushing immune and 365 resistance is almost imposible

And then they call it a balance...
Io.Draco

Postby Kaelie » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:27 am

The Shield Block comment makes it sound like you can simply block Shear and not have it mangle you, in which case HS would be fine. I can't think of anything else it would be, since as far as I know Shield Block doesn't do anything special besides add 75% block, but the way they worded it is kind of odd, so I'm not sure.
Last edited by Kaelie on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelie

Postby enbee » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:31 am

First of all.. bosskillers.. is more often wrong then not.

Second, the maintank does not tank the fire dmg..
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Swiffer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:38 am

Actually, because of the way shield block works compared to holy shield. We would definitely be the better tanks for the first phase (his "human" phase).
Warrior might have to risk crushing blows just to keep shear from hitting them. we wouldn't.
Swiffer

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:15 am

enbee wrote:First of all.. bosskillers.. is more often wrong then not.

Second, the maintank does not tank the fire dmg..

Yes that I know, two off tanks need to do that

And how can ya get as a paladin 365 resistance to fire , crit AND crush immune ? i find it very imposible

As for shear , you need to have 100% block with holy shield / shield block to avoid it , or thats what the guide says , for us this would be imposible , I shure hope it is not true
Io.Draco

Postby enbee » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:28 am

warlock fr tank? :>
Last edited by enbee on Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby enbee » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:29 am

Io.Draco wrote:As for shear , you need to have 100% block with holy shield / shield block to avoid it , or thats what the guide says , for us this would be imposible , I shure hope it is not true

you can also dodge/parry it, and it can miss
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Sereen » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:25 am

enbee wrote:
Io.Draco wrote:As for shear , you need to have 100% block with holy shield / shield block to avoid it , or thats what the guide says , for us this would be imposible , I shure hope it is not true

you can also dodge/parry it, and it can miss

Therefore, any uncrushable tank can take it..... Poor druids. :\ xD

Just watch how you read these things, because most people write strats for warrior tanks.
Sereen

Postby Oranniv » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:24 am

I would say...worry about this fight when your guild is there tanking it.
Oranniv

Postby Mortehl » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:37 am

Heh. Wanna put cash down that in the end more Paladin tanks tank this then Warriors? It makes zero sense to put them on there considering sheer eats a shield charge and crushes = doom.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Lore » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:15 am

Crushing blows really aren't a concern on Illidan. Illidan himself doesn't crush, and the elementals do fire damage which can't be blocked, so you just have to eat the crushes there (which with 365 FR a crushing blow isn't as big of a deal). We've actually been tossing around the idea of having me tank Illidan, while our Warriors handle the fire elementals.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Cakes » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:33 am

15 Minute Beserk... GL on that! :)
Cakes

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:41 am

Lore wrote:Crushing blows really aren't a concern on Illidan. Illidan himself doesn't crush, and the elementals do fire damage which can't be blocked, so you just have to eat the crushes there (which with 365 FR a crushing blow isn't as big of a deal). We've actually been tossing around the idea of having me tank Illidan, while our Warriors handle the fire elementals.

If you tank him post a movie :)
Io.Draco

Re: Illidan Stormrage

Postby fiorina » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:47 am

Io.Draco wrote:Taken from bosskillers :

Your main tank should have a Shield Block effectiveness of 100%
Shear - Reduces the health of his current main aggro target by 60%. Use Shield Block to stop it.

2 of which will need capped fire resistance of 365.

Flames of Azzinoth

Melee hit - hits for around 2 - 3k on 385 fire resistance (their melee attacks count as fire damage, though they can still land crushing and critical blows). A normal hit lands for around 10k damage without any fire resistance.

Now might I ask what blizzard is thinking? we can't illidan since shear will kill us , we MIGHT be able to tank the adds , but getting crushing immune and 365 resistance is almost imposible

And then they call it a balance...

I am tanking adds just fine. There is a lot of bollocks on bosskillers :)
First you need just 365 FR. Flames don't crush. They crit indeed but crits are partially resistable. Due to heavy continuous damage, paladin is awesome tank from mitigation point of view because AD is almost always kicked in. Our threat is kinda crap compared to druid due to non-blockable attacks, looking forward to see how 15 minute timer will be handled.

Our shield block work on shear. But his dmg is too spiky for my taste and I am very unlucky with Tier6 drops so far so warriors are tanking him (but just due to better gear and Last stand/SW). Actually pala would be a good tank there once geared appropriately, he is a fast hiting dual-wielder, no worries about aggro
Last edited by fiorina on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:57 am

I really don't see the 15 minute beserk staying as it is now. The fact that there are some 20 odd parses on WWS in which the raid put out enough dps to kill him in 15 minutes pre melee haste nerf really makes me wonder how feasible this is.
Cakes

Next

Return to Black Temple