Remove Advertisements

Teron Gorefiend

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Mortehl » Wed May 07, 2008 5:21 am

On the first of every month, 200 ancient lichen and 300 motes of earth get handed to a pot specced alchemist and that covers... me.

Abuse these things like no tomorrow.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Worldie » Wed May 07, 2008 7:49 am

I used to buy them by myself, recently the prices of Ancient Lichens on our server got so ridicolous (meh, i bet that Last Resort's tanks ninjaed 99% of them from AH ><) that i had to ask gbank help to keep having Ironshields for both me and the only prot warrior in the guild.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amarant_Pally » Wed May 07, 2008 5:05 pm

Well, like I said earlier, neither of us are in the habit of using Iron/Stone-pots. We've never used them, on any progression fight. I'm not debating, or questioning, their usefulness.

But considering if he and I *had* used them, I feel the healers' "results" would have been the same. So, it seems a lose/lose situation for me.

A similar thing happened with me tanking Kael (when he was still progression for us). We had 3 attempts where I was going to tank him. First 2 attempts, we never even got *to* Kael. 3rd attempt, I (admittedly) mess-up once with avoiding Pyro. I get called down from tanking, and the try after, we win. :( Granted my failure caused that one, and now I'm just rambling about my frustrations w/ Pally-tanking (a whole other issue).

So...this might seem a bit n00bish of me, but what is WWS? And where can I get it? I've heard/read about it before, but to my knowledge, no one uses it in my guild (we're a very lax raiding guild; on a server that had 3 guilds break into BT/MH only weeks before 2.4 patch [my guild included]). Perhaps, if I have another shot at other bosses, I can illustrate to them the actual damage differences between me and the Warrior. So far, I've only been able to convince them at me tanking Leothoras and RoS-P3 on a regular basis.

(Oh, I'm sorry if this overall post de-railed the main topic, so...yeah.)
Amarant_Pally

Postby Devilheals » Wed May 07, 2008 10:16 pm

Devilheals

Postby Tekkel » Fri May 16, 2008 7:24 am

Finally had a shot at this boss. Ran some tps calculators and wws views accross it and doing 1100tps without getting crushed which seems pretty nice compared to our warrior with an average of 15 crushes per fight that does between 1050 and 1150 tps.

Probably will still be dispel bitch if the warrior is around but it's nice showing u can tank it properly.
Tekkel

Postby Slamdorff » Fri May 16, 2008 4:14 pm

Tekkel wrote:Finally had a shot at this boss. Ran some tps calculators and wws views accross it and doing 1100tps without getting crushed which seems pretty nice compared to our warrior with an average of 15 crushes per fight that does between 1050 and 1150 tps.

Probably will still be dispel bitch if the warrior is around but it's nice showing u can tank it properly.

Very funny. I'm actually our progression tank for Teron and a few days ago we had him twice on 1%:) Only sloppy ghosts hindered the kill.

You can see one try here:
http://wowwebstats.com/xnjgoz13uyipi?s=9979-10345&a=51

I did app 1025 tps, and was wondering if thats acceptable and what TPS the rest of you do on Teron fights?

I am here:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronzebeard&n=Slamdorff
(If im in threat gear then change neck, shield and ring to something proper. I have most of whats available.)

Any comments on threat generation appreciated.

Cheers,

Slam
Slamdorff

Postby Worldie » Fri May 16, 2008 6:53 pm

1025 tps on progression is even too much i'd say.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Slamdorff » Sat May 17, 2008 3:00 am

Worldie wrote:1025 tps on progression is even too much i'd say.

Too much? Like in "shift to less threat and more HP/mitigation/avoidance" or what? Really interested in how TPS can be too much. Also I never thought 1025 tps on a demon bos in t6 content was a high number. I know you went far to keep up TPS, Worldie. I'd love if you would pls comment this a bit more comprehensive.

And my DPSers won't agree with you, since we are now all blessed with free imba epics - and they keep yelling for threat (I will take their Shaman - yes I will:))
Slamdorff

Postby Worldie » Sat May 17, 2008 4:50 am

If your threat bars look like this for 3/4 of the fight:
[--------------------------------] You
[---------------] Your best DPS

Then yes, switch out some aggro for more mitigation, there's no need to overtps, you just need 101% of the DPS aggro in order to tank, no need for absurd numbers.

Assuming you just entered BT with your guild (progression, you said) i don't think you'd have people pushing 2k+ DPS, most likely you will have people in between 1000 and 1500 DPS, that's fine with 900ish TPS.

Obviously my point doesn't stand if you got exceptional DPS riding your threat line.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Slamdorff » Sat May 17, 2008 7:19 am

We agree then I'm sure.
Top 4 dps in last raid (all locks btw) are all above 1400 DPS - one pushing 1800.

I'll stick with the 1000 TPS while tanking:)

Thx a lot.
Slamdorff

Postby iwillpunishu » Thu May 29, 2008 11:15 am

fafhrd wrote:
Lieris wrote:
Um, yourself. Nobody is going to do 2K DPS before they get their 4 piece T6 and when this fight is progression for a guild (the only time it matters) a paladin is a wonderful choice here.

What happened to you on Kalecgos has got nothing to do with the price of fish. If your warlocks can't watch Omen at that progression level there's not much hope for them.

If you ask your warlocks to try without any threat cap, I'm pretty sure you would find several able to break 2k dps without 4pc bonuses. Every one of our warlocks has done it in the past, without 4pcs bonuses. Heroism + BM hunter + spriest is pretty rigged for lock dps.

Ok I'm a noob, How does a BM hunter improve warlock dps?
iwillpunishu

Postby Worldie » Thu May 29, 2008 11:32 am

3% damage to his party

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby iliya » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:01 pm

Ok, something's amiss here. Tonight, I had a chance to tank him, but for all five times we tried, we wiped. And from my log, I was taking roughly 7k-9k damage per melee swing. And judging from other responses here, that's too much. If it was crushing, it'd be for a lot more, and I've been crushed during a GCD ><.

Ironshield pots? Get more avoidence? What do I need to do on this guy?
Iliya - Vek'Nilash: Retired
iliya

Postby Novariety » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:07 pm

iliya wrote:Ok, something's amiss here. Tonight, I had a chance to tank him, but for all five times we tried, we wiped. And from my log, I was taking roughly 7k-9k damage per melee swing. And judging from other responses here, that's too much. If it was crushing, it'd be for a lot more, and I've been crushed during a GCD ><.

I can't armory you at work :(, but are they the stats in your sig you have whilst in boss tanking gear? If so your dodge seems a little low at just over 20%. SOunds like you may need more avoidance. Ironshields are always good :).
Novariety

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:27 am

iliya wrote:Ok, something's amiss here. Tonight, I had a chance to tank him, but for all five times we tried, we wiped. And from my log, I was taking roughly 7k-9k damage per melee swing. And judging from other responses here, that's too much. If it was crushing, it'd be for a lot more, and I've been crushed during a GCD ><.

The per-hit numbers won't change from that much :| He really just hits like a tractor pushing against a mouse. Our Brutallus tanks in their full survival gear still take crushings up to 13500 damage.

YOu may want more dodge, I guess. If your mana is full all the time there is always space for more dodge :p
And make sure the warriors/warlocks are keeping demoralizing shout/curse of weakness up, specially if he's 'Reckled', he gets nastier.

Ah, and the prime reason on progression for you to tank him over a warrior is that the warrior will do more damage in fury gear than you'll do in ret gear. Raid dps is the key of the fight, isn't it? ;)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple