Remove Advertisements

Experiance in Black Temple - 11/5

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Experiance in Black Temple - 11/5

Postby Vires » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:24 pm

My guild and i decided we wanted to run Black Temple again before expansion. Some of us had been there, many had not.

Group composition was:
3 Tanks - 2 warriors and Me (Paladin Tank)
6 Healers - 2 CoH priests, Resto Druid, Resto Shaman, 2 Holy Paladins
16 Random DPS (4 hunters and 3 mages included for AoE)

We stomped through pretty well early on.

Najentus was finished in about 3 minutes, no deaths. Paladin aoe shield wall helped out a lot on the first shield break.

Supremus went down fairly rough because the circle was not spread out enough around him, a number of people with high hp due to pvp gear also caused a number of deaths - still a 1 shot with the majority of the raid up.

Akama went down quickly, a few deaths, but only beacuse a number of people didnt know how to handle the adds on the opposite side of me.

Teron Gorefiend went down after 2 constructs. Not much to say about it here.

RoS took us a couple deaths to understand. Only 1 person in raid had been this far before, so a lot of explaining and lack of understanding caused the wipes.

We got to our final boss of the night, bloodboil, who slapped us silly for the same reason we wiped on RoS. Explanation issues, as well as just a fairly heal intensive fight. We got him to 10% and wiped, and called it.

Just wanted to say - BT is pretty fun at the moment. Many of the raid were only early t5/za geared. I felt like it was a good way to close out the expansion. I really wanted to goto mother so i could at least try and get my shoulders - but - still fun nonetheless.
Vires

Postby vschiano2008 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:51 am

funny you found BT to be fun actually.-

the day after 3.0 went live, my guild jumped in BT again (we've already cleared it pre patch) full cleared everything up to illidan.. (fire resist tanks were not online- they quit since we completed progression)

in vent, we had a discussion- only about 8 out of 25 people wanted to continue raiding. clearing BT, one shotting everythign in a little over 2.5 hrs was a big let-down to alot of people. there was no challenge anymore, and nobody was 'into' it anymore.

i just want to say, i was one of the 8 people who wanted to continue raiding. I said that i enjoyed playing wow, killing shit, and raiding was fun for me.

6 days till wrath.. sigh... i've logged on WoW 5 times in the past 3 weeks.
vschiano2008

Postby dmok » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:06 am

As a guild who had only begun work on BT when the 3.0 patch hit (Naj down pre-nerf), I can say we all find the nerfs to be satisfying in that we get to see content we never thought we would get to. Only raiding 2 nights a week as a guild, progression has been slow but steady. With our late start, we took months to put kara on 3hr farm, and a few months past that to even get the critical mass for a 25man raid. Since then we have struggled only on Al'ar, and that lasted a mere 5 nights (again, we raid 2 nights per reset).

In just 2 weeks since 3.0, we cleared to and downed Mother Shahraz and are now working on Illidari Council. Our biggest problems with them so far are on interrupting the heals, but that will come in time. We go back in on Sunday hoping to down Council and see Illidan.

This last month has seen many raiders finally excited about raiding again, as we all get to see stuff we never thought we would ever get to. With Illidan in sight and only 1 scheduled raid night left, excitment fills the air ...
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Return to Black Temple