Ros/illi council

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Ros/illi council

Postby Conaan! » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:57 pm

last week we got lucky on RoS, somehow got him through P1 and killed him, but im not too sure about this week, we were just winging it on who gets fixated, is there a general rotation you use for it?

question for illi council, must you use 2 hunters? warrior tank only on pally and your pally tank on rogue right? their trash, any specific raid killers?
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Tiranknight » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:11 pm

RoS we start with a Hunter running in with Aspect of the Monkey on he only starts it and has her for less then 10 secs, then 1 Warrior tank takes over, when she's about to Frenzy we have a Rogue come in and pop Evasion, if not dead yet 2nd Warrior tank comes in and uses Shield Wall.

that's just us.. pretty sure every guild has their own rotation for how they do it.. we struggled figuring out phase 1 as well but once you've got the tanking rotation it's not bad. I actually don't tank her in Phase 1, I AoE tank the ghostly adds that spawn in between phases. Phase 2 your Rogues, and Mages need to be on the ball with Kicking, Counterspelling the Spirit Shocks.... that is a must.

Illidari Council pretty sure you don't need 2 hunters, just having them makes the opening pull easier... If you don't you'll need your other tanks to run in and manually grab their targets. We start of with giving the Mage Tank a Blessing of Protection letting him run in and Spell Steal, we have a Hunter misdirecting Paladin to main-tank, and another Hunter MD'ing the Priest to the other Warrior tank, while I run in and manually grab the Rogue.

trash on the way to Council? these weird Arcane Giants you see in Tempest Keep they spam like a moonfire spell on your Raid... the big packs we just AoE tank em and chain pull them lol.
Tiranknight

Postby Daemon » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:26 pm

After the patch we tend to nuke P1 RoS down uber quick so it''s just 3 tanks (me, war, war) alternating shield wall / bubble wall.

As for council, I tank the paladin and have a war on priest. Then a druid/war on rogue. Trash is AoE spam, apart from the patrolers which are tank n spank pretty much.

The only reason I'd take 2 hunters (and we always do) is it makes the initial council pull alot easier, get your mage tank casting pyro and count down time the MDs. works like a treat.
Daemon

Postby Dendrah » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:42 am

On council I'm tanking the paladin since I have the best survival stats. We have a warrior on the priest and a warrior or druid on the rogue.

We use an imp (shifted) shooting fireball on the mage to start the fight. That way the first tank doesn't go squish in 2 seconds.
Hunters MD on the mage and the priest.

The hunter on the mage has to watch out not to be to quickly. Spellsteal first, MD after.
Dendrah

Postby Conaan! » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:51 pm

thanks guys for the responses, ill try them out this week
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Petrus » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:57 pm

The Decapitator is the best thing EVAR for Council pulls.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Dendrah » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:59 am

Yes our warrior tank for the priest uses that weapon on the pull to put as much aggro on her as fast as possible.

I personally take the risk of frisbeeing the paladin. This sometimes also brings the rogue on me. Time it well so you don't pull the mage or you're dead.
Dendrah

Postby caboom » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:41 am

Dendrah wrote:Yes our warrior tank for the priest uses that weapon on the pull to put as much aggro on her as fast as possible.

I personally take the risk of frisbeeing the paladin. This sometimes also brings the rogue on me. Time it well so you don't pull the mage or you're dead.

You put urself and the raid at risk by freesbeeing, the way we pull on council is to have the mage pull in the 1st place with mds on everyone else, and the mage gets boped right when he is casting so he does not get squished by the rogue or paladin, since i am always tanking the priest, i just run in and judge then consacrate where she stands.

About RoS p1, i think my guild has the most stupid simple way of doing it, you don't need tank rotations u don't need anything else, everyone bunches up in melee and just take a fixate and move right out as u got it(except when it's us tanks, i usually use the pocket watch and stay in longer) this way ur tanks never die, you have no danger of anything happening, we even had priests shield themselves and go in, everyone that is scared enough just stands back and DPSs. When the enrages happen RL says : "move out if ur not <the guy that currently has fixate>" and a rogue stays in melee and picks her up during enrage. This has worked so well that since i do RoS like 2-3 months now with my guild, i never saw anyone at all die in p1.
caboom

Postby QuantumDelta » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:20 am

We've done it with 0 hunters in the raid.
Mage Pulls with BoP (cast in combat) Tanks all standing in the same place pick up your target with a shield slam/judgement/maul/whatever :P
Then spread out to positions.

We actually didn't wipe much due to not having hunters, more to people being retards and standing in blizzards for a while.

RoS P1 needs no rotation, though a high bV paladin/warrior combo can duo tank him *bar enrages possibly quite well, which sometimes helps to increase raid DPS in P1 as the boss moves significantly less.
If you have a tac that works and works reliably, stick to it, with a lot of content there is no 'right way' :P
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Dendrah » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:20 am

caboom wrote:You put urself and the raid at risk by freesbeeing.

Well I have done 30 pulls like this and we only wiped ones when my frisbee missed. I just wait that little tad longer for the rogue and paladin to be down the stairs before I frisbee in. The extra rogue is not really an issue and got pealed of me very fast.
I admid that the imp goes squish and that this only is possible with instant frisbee but as far as I'm concerned it goes very smooth.

You can also use judgement for this but I prefer to frisbee because indeed then I can also pick up the rogue instead of him ganking a healer.
Dendrah

Postby Maat » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:56 pm

RoS... Phase 1, we just have anyone with good HP go in, usually trade off between the tanks because we're bored. It shouldn't live through one enrage - we usually kill it before it enrages at all. If it does, we throw a rogue in there to evasion.

Illidari Council, I'm assuming you'll tank the rogue. We have the mage initiate the pull with a Blink + Spellsteal, so I run in close behind the mage to BoP him (HoP -_- never) as well as dump a judgement on Veras.

Just don't judge Light on Veras at the start, the healing threat was wild enough to bring Gathios to me despite him getting MDed onto the warrior tank.

I should just double-tank them next time, honestly...

Oh right, the robots cast something called L5 Arcane Charge which will deal damage equal to someone's max hp (I believe adjusted by various % reductions such as def stance, sanctuary etc.) but with all the moonfires around it's a killer. It's a 2-3 second cast so have a priest watch for the cast bar and PW Shield whoever it's casting on.
Maat

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:18 pm

Maat wrote:Just don't judge Light on Veras at the start, the healing threat was wild enough to bring Gathios to me despite him getting MDed onto the warrior tank.

How o_O i mean, you should be the only one hitting Veras anyway.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Maat » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:58 pm

Worldie wrote:
Maat wrote:Just don't judge Light on Veras at the start, the healing threat was wild enough to bring Gathios to me despite him getting MDed onto the warrior tank.

How o_O i mean, you should be the only one hitting Veras anyway.

The healing threat from me judging light on Veras for the pull and then getting healed from it (I use Seal of Blood to tank him) was apparently enough to get Mr. Gathios extremely pissed at me (our warrior tanks Gathios still) and then Holy Shield procs and accidentally whacking him with my HotR added injury to alleged insult.

It was all pretty amusing and started off the fight in a nice little panic :p
Maat

Postby Invisusira » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Invisusira

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:49 pm

theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to Black Temple