Remove Advertisements

Flames of Azzinoth, 1 tank?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Flames of Azzinoth, 1 tank?

Postby Tats » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:12 pm

is it possible, post patch, for a paladin to tank both flames?
Tats

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:44 pm

Given the mechanics of the fight, I can't think of how you could position this in such a way that would make sense and not kill the raid in burning fire.

Perhaps tank them in the middle and strut back and forth across the grate, and let the raid dance around and dodge eyebeams?

P2 lasts all of a minute or two now, so perhaps it would be possible?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Re: Flames of Azzinoth, 1 tank?

Postby Elsie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:14 pm

Tats wrote:is it possible, post patch, for a paladin to tank both flames?

Yes. Start at the back middle. Blow bloodlust, wings, and a strength potion (+70 strength) at the start. Kill one flame before you reach the opposing side, zig-zagging. The raid will be at the opposing side. Then bring the remaining flame to his side.

This really only works with t6/sunwell gear I think.
Elsie

Postby fafhrd » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:48 pm

Do the flames all count as aoe damage? How high can their damage get over a minute and a half?

*thinks of pet tanks with over 75% passive aoe damage reduction*
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Dendrah » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:56 pm

I couldn't play my hunter yet post patch but will the pet be able to keep aggro of the healers? and will you be able to move him correctly when an eye beam comes his way?
Dendrah

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:05 am

fafhrd wrote:Do the flames all count as aoe damage? How high can their damage get over a minute and a half?

*thinks of pet tanks with over 75% passive aoe damage reduction*
It's environmental damage as far as i know.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ryuusuke » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:27 am

Eye of the Beast tanking a Flame of Azzinoth
Man do this, fraps it and you'll be known for eternity! xD
Ryuusuke

Postby caboom » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:44 am

Also te gorrila pet for hunters looks tankish, no clue if there may be a better pet actually, anyhow tell us how it went if u try it.
caboom

Postby sanctifico » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:04 am

The raid positioning would is tricky (they have to stay behind the flames as they can breath anyone who's alongside/ahead of you), and you get flame patches coming along very fast as there on different timers.
Incoming damage, was a problem the one time i pursuaded my old guild to try it. You need to be FR capped with as much avoidance as possible (so full T6/ Sunwell gear to pick from).

I managed two attempts at doing it like this pre patch but neither one was successfull enough to warrant more wipes to perfect it. The positioning meant that the raid healing was much higher (two groups instead of four), not only that the raid had to move to avoid the breaths when i turned the adds. I coulden't survive the flame patches once I started moving back towards the start of my kitepath again (couldent move left or right due to range on the enrage.)

Im sure its possible now, as the first would die before a full kite lenght is completed.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby hopps » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:54 am

I have a decent video of me doing this post patch, loading it to a server that won't die...
hopps

Postby hopps » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:03 pm

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=93481

I didn't even know he was filming and didn't really think about positioning...it sorta turned out ok though...

I wore max FR wasn't sure what kind of dmg I was going to take...
hopps

Return to Black Temple