Remove Advertisements

Mother and Illidan

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Dendrah » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:41 am

ShaiHulud wrote:My posts were directed to those saying it was still a challenge because they had a lower ilevel. I could careless about the nerfs just people coming in here acting like killing Illidan Post 3.0 is some kind of achievement.

Clearing Kara in full greens is an achievement. Killing Illidan in Kara epixs is an achievement. The problem comes from the lack of gear, not the difficulty of the fight. I have seen BT in 2.4 and I see it now in 3.0 and you are 100% right that the difference is huge. Still Ilidari council felt like progression due to our gear.

I mean... I wear Maiden neck, Maiden gloves, Arran and Kara ring, S2 shield and Kings defender and still I'm the main tank. And yes I'll be tanking Illidan with them.

Wanna compare gears? then you'll see that end BT is hard for us and that it will be an achievement to kill Illidan.
Dendrah

Postby Belarkan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:21 am

I must say Illidan in itself isn't hard but flames still are.
9/10 wipes we have on illidan are during the flames phase.
Belarkan

Postby caboom » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:26 am

Dendrah wrote:
ShaiHulud wrote:My posts were directed to those saying it was still a challenge because they had a lower ilevel. I could careless about the nerfs just people coming in here acting like killing Illidan Post 3.0 is some kind of achievement.

Clearing Kara in full greens is an achievement. Killing Illidan in Kara epixs is an achievement. The problem comes from the lack of gear, not the difficulty of the fight. I have seen BT in 2.4 and I see it now in 3.0 and you are 100% right that the difference is huge. Still Ilidari council felt like progression due to our gear.

I mean... I wear Maiden neck, Maiden gloves, Arran and Kara ring, S2 shield and Kings defender and still I'm the main tank. And yes I'll be tanking Illidan with them.

Wanna compare gears? then you'll see that end BT is hard for us and that it will be an achievement to kill Illidan.

If it makes you feel better i was wearing maiden neck and gloves when i 1st tanked illidan aswell and it was still 2.4 back then, it was tough and getting a shear trough or not using ironshields on p5 or nightmare seeds+trinket on enrages was insta-death, but i pulled it trough ;)
caboom

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:37 am

caboom wrote:
Dendrah wrote:

If it makes you feel better i was wearing maiden neck and gloves when i 1st tanked illidan aswell and it was still 2.4 back then, it was tough and getting a shear trough or not using ironshields on p5 or nightmare seeds+trinket on enrages was insta-death, but i pulled it trough ;)

I had belt of the guardian!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Torquemada » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:48 am

I still do. :(
Torquemada

Postby Dendrah » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:55 am

Belt of the guardian... hm... Didn't I put it in the list as well?

So you can add it to the Maiden gloves and neck, the 2 Kara rings, the S2 shield and kings defender.

I have the nasty feeling of fail creeping up. Althou I succesfully tanked all the other bosses so far. Except for mother because of her shriek.

I mean... I tank Bloodboil solo with my OT just picking him up when I'm disoriented. Then I can spank Illidan right? Anyway I'm gonna try it as soon as we get his council down. I'll keep you posted.
Dendrah

Postby Frickit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:30 am

The way I look at is that I've been ready for all of BT for a long time. I just never found a full 24 other solid enough people to do it(people didnt realize fast enough that badge >T5). Im in a good place now and we just cleared BT for the first time. I had never gotten passed Naj and one attempt on Bloodboil before.

It was all very very easy. Im positive its not easy for every guild going in there post nerf. If you can utterly destroy black temple now, that is an achievement. That is showing that with a little effort (and 6 more months Blizzard you sons of bitches!) the gear and skill level of the guild pre-nerf was definitely possible.

so ya...Illidan Down motherfuckers Post nerf GO ME! Zero wipes on flame tank phase my second night ever doing it. 15.4k fully buffed hp heheh (not for nothin my job was harder postnerf due to less defense rating and more % to be critted on. so /rasp)
Last edited by Frickit on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frickit

Postby Dendrah » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:32 am

gratz you!!
Dendrah

Postby Lauranna-Skullcrusher » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:16 am

My guild tried Teron for the 1st time just before the patch. The guild was formed beginning of summer so we had a pretty good progression but we ran out of time.

Our best try was 48% after 2 construct.

Now past 3.0.2 in a week we breezed through all the bosses killing them in 1 or 2 tries (except Council which took us 4 or 5 tries)

Illidan is a different story tho. I tanked him in 2.4 (with another guild) and tanked him last night in 3.0.2. No sheer makes Illidan a big punshing bag BUT P2 is still not easy. If you are not prepared/geared (the 2 tanks in FR gear), you are going to be stuck there forever.
Lauranna-Skullcrusher

Postby caboom » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:38 am

Dendrah wrote:I mean... I tank Bloodboil solo with my OT just picking him up when I'm disoriented. Then I can spank Illidan right? Anyway I'm gonna try it as soon as we get his council down. I'll keep you posted.

He's not so much harder than BB, ofc he hits a bit harder but yet again you have alot more healers focusing you this time, stop thinking and do it !

When i did it the 1st time, i told my raidleader that is a big posibility of fail(was relying on agi totem to get unsheareable with 1.5k less health than what worldie suggests in his guide) and he said, "it's np you can do it" "but what if i fail" "argh! just go in and do it!" and i folowed his word and i had just 2 shears in my whole experience of about of month tanking him while he still sheared, both of wich were more me beeing stupid than anything else gear related, and i died only once while tanking him, while taking one of those mentioned shears.
caboom

Postby Dendrah » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:52 am

I really want to but we're still struggeling with the council. After 1.5 nights of wipes people finally start to learn that you have to stay out of the AoE.

If the interrupts on that bloody priest go well we'll see Illidan tonight.
Dendrah

Postby samsara » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:45 am

Frickit wrote:The way I look at is that I've been ready for all of BT for a long time. I just never found a full 24 other solid enough people to do it(people didnt realize fast enough that badge >T5). Im in a good place now and we just cleared BT for the first time. I had never gotten passed Naj and one attempt on Bloodboil before.

It was all very very easy. Im positive its not easy for every guild going in there post nerf. If you can utterly destroy black temple now, that is an achievement. That is showing that with a little effort (and 6 more months Blizzard you sons of bitches!) the gear and skill level of the guild pre-nerf was definitely possible.

so ya...Illidan Down motherfuckers Post nerf GO ME! Zero wipes on flame tank phase my second night ever doing it. 15.4k fully buffed hp heheh (not for nothin my job was harder postnerf due to less defense rating and more % to be critted on. so /rasp)

As i understood this you did Illidan with mostly Badgegear? Would be interessting if "Eyebeams" still exists (havn't seen one since patch) and how long does the fight lasts with batchgear ( minus that one minute where he's just talking crap)
samsara

Postby caboom » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:23 am

samsara wrote:
Frickit wrote:The way I look at is that I've been ready for all of BT for a long time. I just never found a full 24 other solid enough people to do it(people didnt realize fast enough that badge >T5). Im in a good place now and we just cleared BT for the first time. I had never gotten passed Naj and one attempt on Bloodboil before.

As i understood this you did Illidan with mostly Badgegear? Would be interessting if "Eyebeams" still exists (havn't seen one since patch) and how long does the fight lasts with batchgear ( minus that one minute where he's just talking crap)

1st week we killed him it was the same as u said, no eyebeams, but last week we had eyebeams but it was just on one side.

@Dendrah: reading ur post now i am thinking keeping the mt up will the least of ur problems :D
caboom

Postby Frickit » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:37 am

Every attempt on illidan so far there were eyebeams on both sides.
Kiting through blazes and dodging eyebeams is the entire phase why wouldnt there be eyebeams? That would be too easy.

I think you all have way too much dps :?
Frickit

Postby Dendrah » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:33 am

We had 2 tries on Illidan yesterday. Both times we went to P2 and died :)
Dendrah

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple