Mother and Illidan

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby caboom » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:28 am

Dendrah wrote:Yes and that is what we are attempting.

It is just very annoying alot of people keep saying that it is so ****ing easy and that no real advise is needed. Well we need the advice, the tactics and all other help we can get just to down him.

For illidan :
Apply regular 2.4 tactics and you will be fine, gear acordingly for flame phase, gear your lock tank acordingly, make sure he knows what he's supposed to do, make sure your maintank has the desired hp and armor and prioritises them over avoidance now, because those will be harder to reach with your gear lvls. If you feel your tanks or raid are not getting enough heals, bring an extra healer contraire to what the strats say. Make sure the boss is propertly debuffed according to what Worldie's guide suggests.
Every phase change do what your supposed to, have your healers assigned propertly and you will score the kill. ;)

On Mother you know as a paladin tank that u'll be forced to OT, have your best warrior/druid tank(threat wise) maintanking, assign healers propertly, bring one extra if u feel it's necessary. When everything is rdy, hog you tank and the dps into putting out as much as possible, and try to keep as many alive as possible. Last but not least my guild uses MotherDirection add-on for this fight(get it of wow.curse.com) wich shows you the direction you need to run to to get as far away as possible. Also i don't remeber if this is noted somewhere in strats but tank her near to the side walls, with dps/healers hugging the wall aswell.
caboom

Postby Dendrah » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:50 am

What is her CD on the shriek?

Note we have tons of melee around so my JoL threat will go throu the roof :)
Dendrah

Postby caboom » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:20 am

Dendrah wrote:What is her CD on the shriek?

Note we have tons of melee around so my JoL threat will go throu the roof :)

no clue, go read bosskilers tacs... lazy ><
caboom

Postby Torquemada » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:26 am

I don't know how often it goes off, but I think it sticks for 10 seconds when she does it. Looking at our numbers lately, I think with JoL on her and still being able to Hammer that I would still be able to tank her, spamming all my other abilities when the Shrieks drop.
Torquemada

Postby Stilgarr » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:55 am

Dendrah wrote:Yes and that is what we are attempting.

It is just very annoying alot of people keep saying that it is so ****ing easy and that no real advise is needed. Well we need the advice, the tactics and all other help we can get just to down him.

Will admit to having a couple of shandys on Mother and council so it's touch fuzzy.

With Mother we looked at the kit and who was in the raid in general (dont make ANY gear until you have the group set and ready to go) then made 3 parts of the crafted set and a couple of people had the cloak already.
The trash there was literally AoE'd down all the way.
For the fight everyone bunched up with the 3 tanks behind the raid.
Mother was MD'd to the tanks (stood on top of eachother) given a few seconds and the DPS just went for it.

She died very quickly after that. If the teleporting of people gives you hassle just make sure people run away from anyone and your set.

For council I took the rogue and had a macro for when he pops out of vanish to grab him with AS.
No need for the nature pots now either really. But stick to the guide about the mage part though, the rest I'm really not sure on.

For Illidan get 2 tanks with as much FR as possible, badge and 2 parts crafted for plate will easy cover it. I messed up (sort of) and forgot about Defense untill the last minute and pop 4 spare Def/Sta gems in the kit. Looking back I really should of aimed for a bit less FR but enchanted and geared more for the 490.
In P1 have the MT pick him up and move around the bigger circle when he drops blue fire.
For the fire guys, if you only have a couple of melee, tell them to chill and wait for P3. Have the tanks face them away from the raid and dont bother kiting them if your healers can handle that. Have the MT yell whose side Illidan is on for the beams and only then move the Elemental.
For the Demon part, as he changes stop ALL dps except for the 'lock and have a MD ready. Watch for any demons going for the 'lock tank an have ranged (only) kill them as priority.
Once thats done have the MT take him to the P1 tanking spot and do the same as before, ignore the traps unless close by, have DPS blow everything and enjoy :)

rough I know and Worldies guide is much much more thorough, just what worked for us last night so might be handy for you :)
Stilgarr

Postby Dendrah » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:09 am

Thanks mate. I did read Worldie's guide as well. Tbh it is more the gear I'm worried about. We have only 1 FR tank and hardly any HoD's. All our other tanks have 50 badges tops. On top I really wanna go for Illidan this Sunday. I'm not sure if we will pull it off.

Well our first job will be the HoDs and the rep to craft the items (yes indeed even that is a problem atm)
Dendrah

Postby Frickit » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:17 am

I have 240fr with aura. Just random fr stuff...I retain decent threat/stam though so Im wondering
A. thats enough fr with the nerf isnt it?
B. BoJs not going to matter in xpac? Should I just buy the rest of the fr badge pieces? Or will they matter/buy gems and holy stuff instead?

idk if ill even be the fr tank, but since im new to the guild i doubt ill be the one tanking illidan tonight.

lol woulda got to him days ago but the instances keep crashing half way thru BT, and im having fun finally seeing that content :P lord knows ive been ready for it for 6 months
Frickit

Postby Stilgarr » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:02 am

HoD's are for the shadow kit and if your really short have the kit made for healers perhaps as if they die your boned, if DPS die the rest can still be healed ;)
Not perfect but better than nothing.

Looking at where you say you are atm, you wont be far behind us if at all tbh so you should be ok.

With FR, one of the tanks was a druid and had badge kit and nothing else iirc, i had badge and the FR head and bracers from blacksmithing. The BS set is 4 part though so get the bank to fund that then pick the badge stuff up as 2 parts (chest and legs) overlap so no point getting everything.

I would really aim for pushing over 300 with the aura though as the damage can be really spiky and you dont want healers going all brown trousers on you.

Badges are going down the bog in Wrath so any plate / leather wearer with enough spare tbh would work, make sure they go Prot though. If you have a resto druid with a ton of badges just ask him if he will pick the kit up and the spec (GB could even offer some cash or something maybe) and see him dead, or stay dps and wipe / not go. Same for Ret tbh.

I was not chuffed about 100 badges going on the kit when I was 10 away from the 2-hander, but seeing him dead was way worth it in the end.

Badge DPS and stuff from MH and early BT will be fine, it get tense but in a good way.

GL with him guys, even nerfed the fight is a corker :)
Stilgarr

Postby Dendrah » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:53 pm

Yep the Gb will fun the 4 BS pieces and one of our warrior tanks will buy 1-2 extra badge pieces. We'll bring an extra healer. Our DPS is breaching down my tanking partners neck all the time anyway so they are good for it.

Strange how I can get very far in front while they can't... Even our other paladin can't...
Dendrah

Postby sanctifico » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:10 am

Dendrah wrote:Looking back I really should of aimed for a bit less FR but enchanted and geared more for the 490.

I tank them with 450Defence and FR Cap, critical strikes from Elementals are just pansy hits if you resist 75% of the damage

If your below the FR cap, then uncritability could save your ass, but then if your below the FR cap you have the slots avaliable to gear for it.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Aleph » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:59 am

Petrus wrote:Are the Flames' attacks Elemental? I know the Flames themselves are classified as Demons, which is why I ask. (P.S. that means use exorcism!)

Wait what? Is this new in 3.0 or has it always been the case? I always assumed they were elementals and never checked!
Aleph

Postby sanctifico » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:34 am

Aleph wrote:
Petrus wrote:Are the Flames' attacks Elemental? I know the Flames themselves are classified as Demons, which is why I ask. (P.S. that means use exorcism!)

Wait what? Is this new in 3.0 or has it always been the case? I always assumed they were elementals and never checked!

They have been deamons since the 2.3 patch afik.

My cycle has always been, Excorsisim > Judge > Consecrate > Holy Wrath

Just add Holy shield and HotR to the cycle, since
A: you can block their attacks
B: HotR + HS = more imbah tps.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:29 am

Aleph wrote:

I'm pretty sure they were Demon even before 2.3
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Belarkan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:53 am

Cleaned BT for the first time last week. We used to be 4/9 before patch.
Mother is pretty easy. Killed at the second try, because we were surprised by the fight and didn't do any preparation work on it (reading the strat live because we were expecting to wipe a bit on teron and ROS).
Raid was with an average 2 pieces of SR.

Illidan is still a bit of work. We had 9 tries on it.
2 wipes occured near the end due to demons poping everywhere within the raid.
The other one were because healers couldn't keep us alive Somehow, they found nice to stand in the flammes and die. The flames DO hurt you'll need a lot of FR.
However, there are still eyebeams, Illidan still turn into a demon and it took us 10 minutes to kill him.
I believe we'll be faster next time now that we have seen the fight.
Belarkan

Postby sanctifico » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:23 am

Belarkan wrote:I believe we'll be faster next time now that we have seen the fight.

Yeah about 5mins 2secs (including all the animations, so DPS time was much lower)

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple