Remove Advertisements

RoS

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

RoS

Postby Dendrah » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:43 pm

After oneshotting the first 4 bosses and killing Bloodboil on our 3rd try we went to RoS.

I grabbed him in P1 because of my huge blockvalue (the other tank was a feral druid). I noticed however that he hitted me for his full amount a decent few times. I'm uncrushable and had my holyshield up 100% of the time.

What could have happened?
Dendrah

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:48 pm

RoS P1 aura gives -350 defense and nerfs your avoidance considerably, about 20% less in all avoidance stats
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dendrah » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:45 am

Ouch. That will have been the reason. Well I lasted till the enrage anyway. This new BV changes are goddly.
Dendrah

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:20 am

Previously people used to gear up for high BV / BR for P1 tanking.

Well, i did gear for that, 800ish bv, and rest spam spelldamage for P3 ^_^
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby samsara » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:24 am

in phase 1 there is no need to tank him. Just let everywone step into the circle and ppl with low hp just step outside the circle (only 2-3 meters from the middle of the circle) so 3-5 ppl gets beaten but don't die. Last time (the first time after the 3.0.2 nerf ros didn't even come to his enrage.

This is one of the the biggest nerfed fights (maybe illidan too) in BT .. you don't have to care about thread or interupting spells, just pump him down with pure dmg.
samsara

Postby Dendrah » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:41 am

Well we got to P2 afterwards and I did read here that P2 could just be zerged but we failed. Maybe because we only had 2 tanks and he kicked our melee around by lack of unconfunded tanks. We'll try again today.
Dendrah

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:51 am

P2 you cannot exactly "zerg".

You can ignore the "kick spirit shock - reflect deaden" thing, but you still need to kick shocks and dispel shields or he will just stun the tank and kill the raid one after another.

So, just tell interrupters to interrupt everything, put felhunters to autoeat, profit?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dendrah » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:57 am

Thanks for that tip Worldie

I have been there before but on my hunter so BT is new to me as a tank :)
Dendrah

Postby sanctifico » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:49 am

MH, BT are jokes (we pugged both)

Aside from one wipe on Council (mage tank forgot to spellsteal), One on Azlagore (Retarded holydin (T4/Badge gear (freind of a guildy) I clearley explained and marked the tank for Dooms, holyretardin gets doom and runs to ME on Azlagore. I got stunned and wtf pwned by three unmitigated hits during silence at about 30%. We still cleared both instances in less than four hours.

Trash = AoE Down with all tanks building AoE threat even rogues and warriors can AoE with impunity.
Bosses die in ~1/3rd the time they used to (if not faster)
Illidan - P1 one Stomp, P2 I got an eyebeam on 1% of the second add (I was /dance /violin with my dead elemental mob and no-one called it), P3 well erm 65%-30% took 25seconds <3 heroisim last 30% went down in about 20seconds.

(offtopic)
Sunwell 1-5 was erm easy -
Kalecgos was too easy, and dps on the dragon was too fast, we had to adjust tactics because of just how fast dps was. we had the dragon on 60% before the first portal, and 30% before the second, when we called dps to stop he was at about 15% from tank damage by the time the deamon was at 20%.

Brutalus 3m2sec and we think we could do faster (We waited with heroisim but the boss died before it ran out) both me and the warrior tank had 2x the threat of the nearest DPS.

Pre patch we were on Twins with several low % wipes Last night, we two shotted them,

Three shotted Mu'ru with about 5mins to explain roles and for me to hs to pick up my Shadow Res. Tanked Sentinels & all Void Spawns 30% 172buffed Sres, 490def.

Wiped at 60%,50%,36%,33% and now we have two full raid nights to perfect dragons and colapse.

To be fair, anyone who was past Brutallus prepatch will clear Sunwell if they are still raiding.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby samsara » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:12 am

Worldie wrote:P2 you cannot exactly "zerg".

You can ignore the "kick spirit shock - reflect deaden" thing, but you still need to kick shocks and dispel shields or he will just stun the tank and kill the raid one after another.

So, just tell interrupters to interrupt everything, put felhunters to autoeat, profit?

It's probably better to "do it the normal" way. Our bad luck was the the "interupters" didn't had castbars (fucked up their ui .. patch ftw XD) so the only thing which where done was stealing the shield by mages. The tankstun's where not a big issue for us as there where 2 warri and 1 pally (me) standing there doing shitloads of thread that the 2nd in aggro was allway's a tank.
samsara

Postby Dendrah » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:24 am

Well with 2 tanks and to many people not having a clue what we were doing we were pretty much fucked. I consider it already good we reached P2
Dendrah

Postby warden » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:43 am

Dendrah wrote:Well with 2 tanks and to many people not having a clue what we were doing we were pretty much fucked. I consider it already good we reached P2

Same thing happened to us the first time we tried it. Only myself, the warrior MT, one healer, and one lock had ever done it before. The warrior greatly outgears me, so I just said "to hell with it" and sacrificed myself on p1 because too many people were getting killed. I blew divine protection, pocketwatch, and told the dps to go apeshit... P1 went down 16 seconds, i died at 15, with the warrior picking him up and being ready for P2. Far from the ideal solution, and it made the people that did RoS when it was actually hard cry, but it kept 24/25 people alive. Still, not something I'd really reccomend.
warden
Maintankadonor

Return to Black Temple